Transfer Window - Who out, who in?

The ghost of Jim Morton

I think the keeper situation is fine and the centre back position is the strongest position we've had since i've been going to see saints(which is only 1990)

I strongly dispute that it is better than when we had Kernaghan/Griffin/Dods/Weir & McCluskey all at the same time.

I strongly dispute that it is better than when we had Kernaghan/Griffin/Dods/Weir & McCluskey all at the same time.

Agreed - and our Goalkeeping situation is as bad now as I ever remember it. Main used to be a genius and is still a legend (always will be) but is damaging his Saints repuation with every game he plays.

Don't you remember last season then?:wink: Surely Main and Cuthbert is an improvement on Main, Halliwell and that little spindly bloke from Celtic?

I'm not sure Main is any better than Halliwell was - he has made just as many (if not more) mistakes and his kicking is just as bad.

Don't you remember last season then?:wink: Surely Main and Cuthbert is an improvement on Main, Halliwell and that little spindly bloke from Celtic?

The Celtic loan deal was a disgrace - he was guaranteed a game and as soon as he was dropped for the sake of our team, off he went. Halliwell was having a nightmare but to drop a keeper like that, four weeks before the transfer window or Cuthbert being able to return, was nonsense.

I couldn't suffer Halliwell but he's now in goal for the current best team in the league, and we don't appear to be any better off without him.

OK i have to agree with u there but that was our defence that took us to europe and this 1 is not far off that1.

I agree Main is not the keeper he used to be but i think Cuthbert should get the nod. 2many managers drop him an bring in other keepers which has 2 damage his confidence!

No one took me on re Liam Buchanan previously (and I accept Liam Keogh was a random shout) but...... John Rankin is on his way out at ICT and is worth a wee punt. He was a £65,000 signing from Ross County and is rumoured to be on their shopping list in the January sales.

maybe if Mr Hannah is still with N st N then he will sign Rankin for them !!