Well Done to The Rangers

Sir Albert Tatlock

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Luncarty dont have one.

...but your post is about Rangers, so why not take it to a Rangers forum where it would be more appropriate, instead of posting it onto the forum of one of their rivals?

I find it quite strange that someone would continually post about Rangers on a St Johnstone forum, whilst claiming not to be a fan of either club. You've made it fairly obvious to everyone during your time posting on here that you like Rangers, so why not just admit it? I've never understood why so many people who clearly like one of the Old Firm seem so reluctant to admit it. If I'm asked for a yes or no answer on whether I like St Johnstone, it would never even cross my mind to be cagey about the response. Likewise if I was asked how I feel about the OF. I can only assume that the reason is, on some level, you do actually realise that being a Rangers fan is completely morally and socially wrong.

I also find it a bit sinister that you appear to be trying to deny that Rangers have had an anti-Catholic signing policy. Even Rangers themselves don't seem to try to deny that nowadays.

...but your post is about Rangers, so why not take it to a Rangers forum where it would be more appropriate, instead of posting it onto the forum of one of their rivals?

I find it quite strange that someone would continually post about Rangers on a St Johnstone forum, whilst claiming not to be a fan of either club. You've made it fairly obvious to everyone during your time posting on here that you like Rangers, so why not just admit it? I've never understood why so many people who clearly like one of the Old Firm seem so reluctant to admit it. If I'm asked for a yes or no answer on whether I like St Johnstone, it would never even cross my mind to be cagey about the response. Likewise if I was asked how I feel about the OF. I can only assume that the reason is, on some level, you do actually realise that being a Rangers fan is completely morally and socially wrong.

I also find it a bit sinister that you appear to be trying to deny that Rangers have had an anti-Catholic signing policy. Even Rangers themselves don't seem to try to deny that nowadays.

The post is about FOOTBALL. This forum is surprisingly called " Fitba' chat "

St Johnstone are a rival to Rangers?? Since when?

Liking Rangers and " supporting " Rangers are two entirely different things , no?

Ive lost count of the ammout of times I have said that I support Luncarty. Support = Attend , Encourage, Give Financial Support, Help with the selling of Raffles and other fund raising activities. Hardly missed a Luncarty game home or away all season ( holidays excepted ) Is that really so hard to grasp?

To say the supporting of any club is morally and socially wrong says more about you than them.

Sinister? thats a bit heavy is it not?

Catholics who had signed for Rangers before Johnston include: Pat Lafferty (1886), Tom Dunbar (1891-1892), J Tutty (1899-1900), Archie Kyle (1904-1908), Willie Kivlichan (1906-1907), Colin Mainds (1906-1907), Tom Murray (1907-1908), William Brown (1912), Joe Donnachie (circa.1914-1918), John Jackson (1917), Laurie Blyth (1951-1952), Don Kichenbrand (1955-1956), Hugh O'Neill (1976) and John Spencer (1985-1992).

Furthermore

The player that scored celtic's first ever goal, against a Rangers XI (known as the Swifts) was Neilly McCallum. Neilly was a Rangers player in February 1888, some three months before celtic took the field for the first time. Also in that first ever celtic side was a chap called Tom Dunbar (his brother Michael was a Celtic Director), three years later he signed for Rangers. Celtic's first sides were composed of all RC players. Two of that first ever celtic side played for Rangers, one before celtic's formation, and one after.

In all, in the first fifty years of Rangers existance (1872-1922), over thirty RCs played for the club; and the ongoing research is NOT finished.

I'll mention another two. Archie Kyle, born in Parkhead to an Irish immigrant family, played for Rangers from 1904 to 1909, 158 appearances, scoring 64 goals. He was loved by both club and fans; His comparison was to Jim Baxter. Archie Kyle left the club to move to Blackburn Rovers.

William Kilvichan was signed from Gasgow University in 1905, he played 29 games in his first season. Doc Kilvichan transferred to celtic two years later, in a swap deal that brought the great Alex Bennett to Rangers. Doc eventually returned to Rangers although injury reduced his appearances to Swift games; however, he's on record as stating, "I was joyful to return to the club that is my greatest love".

Big Jock knew...

Noose what has this got to do with the topic??

Is this referring to the chant that the Rangers fans have been putting out for a number of months and has nothing to do with sectarian issues or football and instead relates to alleged child abuse at Celtic Boys Club.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/5011404.stm

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/keytopics/kind=512/newsid=534895.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/rangers-in-clear-despite-fans-onearm-salutes-in-israel-437299.html

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2142364,00.html

Not to add more pages to Sir Albert's nonce-sense thread, but there's 4 seperate sources that took 2 mins on google showing Ranger's fans in an undesirable light and showing sectarianism alive and well. That sort of pish is why I don't support them in Europe.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/5011404.stm

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/keytopics/kind=512/newsid=534895.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/rangers-in-clear-despite-fans-onearm-salutes-in-israel-437299.html

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2142364,00.html

Not to add more pages to Sir Albert's nonce-sense thread, but there's 4 seperate sources that took 2 mins on google showing Ranger's fans in an undesirable light and showing sectarianism alive and well. That sort of pish is why I don't support them in Europe.

The innitial thread was to congratulate Britain and Scotlands last representatives in the yoofa cup

Nonce- sence? * see the child abuse post for that one matey boy.

Noose what has this got to do with the topic??

Is this referring to the chant that the Rangers fans have been putting out for a number of months and has nothing to do with sectarian issues or football and instead relates to alleged child abuse at Celtic Boys Club.

It was put up after the first page of this thread demonised Rangers specifically making them out to be worse then Celtic, which they are not, and added to the argument another dimension of everything that is wrong about Celtic Football Club.

I see how you've used "alleged" child abuse, would be interesting to ask Alan Brazil's opinion on that!

Celtic = Pro IRA scum (IRISH Republican Army)

Rangers = Pro British. Dont see a problem with that seeing how they are a Britsh club. Doesnt excuse blind hatred of another group, but I understand their distaste towards the media darlings Celtic. :wink:

The post is about FOOTBALL. This forum is surprisingly called " Fitba' chat "

Yes, of course it is, but you can't be surprised to come on a St Johnstone forum praising Rangers and have your comments met with a bit of negativity and suspicion. On the other hand, maybe you're openly on the wind-up and that's the response you're looking for.

St Johnstone are a rival to Rangers?? Since when?

St Johnstone and Rangers are rivals. They play in the same country, in the same league set-up. They regularly play each other on the pitch, and will likely do so again in little over a week. What's more, they're also rivals off the pitch, as is demonstrated every time someone from Perth buys a Rangers shirt instead of a St Johnstone one, or jumps in a car or bus to travel to Ibrox when they could be going to McDiarmid.

Liking Rangers and " supporting " Rangers are two entirely different things , no?

I really don't know - the concept of either liking or supporting an establishment as warped and morally bereft as Rangers is so alien to me that I don't really understand how any sane-minded individual could do either. Why do you like them? Are you a glory-hunter, are they your local team, or is it something else?

Ive lost count of the ammout of times I have said that I support Luncarty. Support = Attend , Encourage, Give Financial Support, Help with the selling of Raffles and other fund raising activities. Hardly missed a Luncarty game home or away all season ( holidays excepted ) Is that really so hard to grasp?

It's not hard to grasp at all. What is hard to grasp, though, is your affection for Rangers.

To say the supporting of any club is morally and socially wrong says more about you than them.

True: what it says about me is that I can see the wrongs of supporting Rangers and I'm quite happy to discuss them.

Sinister? thats a bit heavy is it not?

Haven't Rangers themselves fairly openly admitted that the policy existed? Just because there are some examples to be found of Catholics signing for them doesn't mean that's not the case.

Besides, I think the very fact that this gets brought up is a pretty good indication of why I find both halves of the Old Firm so detestable. I bet you wouldn't be able to find any record of people who had signed for St Johnstone by religion. St Johnstone might not have a better team than Rangers, but we will always be a better club.

St Johnstone might not have a better team than Rangers, but we will always be a better club.

i liked that and you also make some good points.that tatlock geezer seems to know a lot about rangers. hes a bit of a wind up dude as well he he.

Rangers = Pro British. Dont see a problem with that seeing how they are a Britsh club. Doesnt excuse blind hatred of another group, but I understand their distaste towards the media darlings Celtic. :wink:

Since when did they play ina British league??

How anyone can say that one side of the OF is the media darlings is beyond me. Whatever team is doing well out of the two gets all the praise in the world whilst the other gets all the stick. It is just taht they are both paranoid!

The innitial thread was to congratulate Britain and Scotlands last representatives in the yoofa cup

Nonce- sence? * see the child abuse post for that one matey boy.

AH! ALBERT,BRITAIN EH!WHO CARES?ECOSSE YA BASS !THE LARK WILL NEVER BE BRITTISH OR SUPPORT AN SPL TEAM WHO,S AMBITION IS TO PLAY IN ENGERLAND.YE CAN STICK YOUR UNION JACK ALONG WITH THAT SO CALLED NATIONAL ANTHEM , WITH THE VERSE"REBELLIOS SCOTS TO CRUSH"RIGHT UP YOUR JACKSAY

The UVF campaign was initially fought to protect Ulster's British heritage so I've got no problem with their original meaning, but this has obviously been destroyed with some horrendous acts during the troubles.

IRA attacked Britain on a monthly basis for years killing 10's of innocents of people including women and children, and Celtic fans latch onto this and sing pro IRA songs in cities including Manchester and London. This in my opinion is unfogivable.

I understand many of you being so patriotic towards Scotland but I'm sure many on this site lost family during both the wars representing BRITAIN, so dont let their loses go in vain.

Im as proud a Scot as any of you, but I still firmly believe in the age old saying of RULE BRITTANIA

Since when did they play ina British league??

How anyone can say that one side of the OF is the media darlings is beyond me. Whatever team is doing well out of the two gets all the praise in the world whilst the other gets all the stick. It is just taht they are both paranoid!

In the European sense of the word Celtic are the media darlings after Seville, there is no question of that.

The Ghost of Jim Morton is right, this needs put to bed as there is always 2 sides to the coin and a mutual agreement will never be reached :wink:

Some people on this forum have disgraced themselves!

Both political sides of the Pro- Terrorist Old Firm are Scum.

I will NEVER sing Rule Britannia, I will never sing any Irish Rebel Song.

I will never sing any anti- English nonsense, nobody in the free world can legitimately sing these songs, those who do should be bloody well sent to areas of the world where true oppression exists.

Some people on this forum have disgraced themselves!

Both political sides of the Pro- Terrorist Old Firm are Scum.

I will NEVER sing Rule Britannia, I will never sing any Irish Rebel Song.

I will never sing any anti- English nonsense, nobody in the free world can legitimately sing these songs, those who do should be bloody well sent to areas of the world where true oppression exists.

WELL SAID DUDE THANK YOU