Celtic v St Mirren

Scobby_SJFC

Van Hesselink appeared to be holding the boys shirt to keep his balance and hold him off, then got his shot away, let go and fell on his arse. Of course this is a penalty though - I mean imagine putting a Cetlic player off in the box on the day they unfurled the league flag - it's just not on.

Opening matches of the season and ... Same old SPL - Same old Refereeing - Same old OF. They're being handed points from the off. There's no way that any club other than one of the OF can win the SPL. It doesn't matter how well other teams play - and I'm no fan of St Mirren or Dundee Utd. but in the last handful of games (incl. last season) against OF teams they have been blatently cheated out of at least a share of the points.

I believe moves are afoot to keep (unofficial) Statistics on how many times the OF get unwarranted help in order to save them from a defeat, or manage to gain a draw from a certain loss due to a bad decision, or (like yesterday) just get awarded the three points.

What happened to 'the benefit of the doubt'. It certainly should have been applied yesterday and play allowed to continue. But the ref simply could not wait to award a penalty, the number of re-runs it took before Setanta (Booth etc.) finally realised it was 50-50 (Or six in hauf a dozen) how the ref can justify awarding the penno immediately is beyond belief.

Anyway I'm not getting involved this season as It drives me nuts - week in week out, somebody's gonna get screwed against the OF.

Cue - M'stand kk

last man, has to walk if it is a penalty.

it was never a penalty though. even if that was saints i would say it was never a penalty.

Must disagree...we've had a few claims that have gone against us against teams including Celtic.......Semi-final and a penalty springs to mind......so if we ever got the "rub" then i for one would say GREAT-then let other fans discuss it after the horse has bolted.

Look at Dougal tonight in the Hamilton game.....stupid booking of utd player for a "non" dive...and they want £800 a game !!