Blue & white trainspotters away day to Dumfries 21/2/09

The ghost of Jim Morton

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the Queens game on the 21st Feb some of us have decided to enjoy a choo-choo( Trademark Slf) day out. I have looked at the times and come up with the following...

Leave Perth .......9.15am.

Arrive Dumfries...12.52pm.

This will involve Travelling to Glasgow Queens St. A short walk to Central, then changing at Killmarnock..

For the return.

Leave Dumfries ......6.34pm

Arrive Perth............10.36pm

This will involve Travelling to Glasgow Central, walking to Queen St.

This will include 1 hour 14 minutes in Glasgow.

Best price I can find is £ 31.40. This is for two single advance tickets. For some reason you can't get advance return tickets and a standard day return is £43.90. For advance tickets you must purchase them by 6pm (at the very latest) on the day before you travel and you must travel on the train specified on your tickets.

You can read about it here...

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/advance_conditions.html

This is not a hooligans day out , I reapeat NOT a hooligans day out so If you cannae behave yourself please don't even consider joining us...

So far. Myself, Fair City Firm and Slf are confirmed.

Anyone fancy coming along??

Edited to add.

Any Edinburgh Saints wishing to come along are more than welcome and can catch a train at 9.30am to meet up with us in Glasgow( £27.80 off peak return) as can Glasgow based Saintees( £15.30 off peak return). The train leaving Central departs at 11.03am.

Best deal I have found so far is Leaving Perth 8.12am

Arrive Glasgow QS 9.16 am

Depart Glagow Central 9.53am

Arrive Dumfries 11.46 am

Return...

Leave Dumfries ......6.34pm

Arrive Perth............10.36pm

Advance tickets ( Must travel on these specific trains..)

Cost buying two singles is £31.80...Both these trips only involve changing at Glasgow and not also at Kilmarnock..

I will go to the train station tomorrow just to check out a group booking but after phoning Indian 4 times today and getting nowhere then phoning Fort William I was informed that group booking must be done more than two weeks prior to departure..