Jason versus Saints in SPL?

soulfulsaint

News coming from Swansea fans site that Glasgow Rangers are watching Jason Scotland with a view to a summer bid. I know there is already a Jason thread in fitba chat but this is a specifically Saints question. If we go up would you want Jason Scotland playing against us for Rangers. Jason versus Saints in SPL your views?

(PS. Reports have come via blackberry from Swansea web-site so no link to story yet.)

He's miles better than Novo, a better all-round player than Boyd, and he's scored more goals in the Championship than Miller. Oh and unlike Boyd he's an internationalist.

Would he get a work permit though? Haven't the greats of the game (Murdo McLeod, Tony Higgins, eh....) already decided that he's not good enough for the SPL?

He will either be in the Premiership with Swansea of be playing in England's top flight with another team next year

I hope he doesn't sign for Rangers as he is better than that lot

Of course he can't come back up here because he would be denied a work permit wouldn't he? Surely the fact that Rangers might be interested wouldn't have any affect!

He will either be in the Premiership with Swansea of be playing in England's top flight with another team next year

I hope he doesn't sign for Rangers as he is better than that lot

Of course he can't come back up here because he would be denied a work permit wouldn't he? Surely the fact that Rangers might be interested wouldn't have any affect!

I think when he was at dundee utd the panels justification was he was not bringing anything to the SPL. Since that point he was a Saints Player at the world cup that in itself (if the beaks could see into the future) probably would have been enough for the extended stay at Dundee Utd. He is now a completely different proposition if the old firm were to weigh in with cash then I believe that their argument is now not valid as he is proving himself in a league tougher than our top flight and respresnted his county at the worlds biggest showpiece.

I dont think it will happen becuase he is a bigger player not for the reason of eligibility.