On a positive note...

Radford 72

Thought having the legends on the pitch at half-time yesterday was a great move and hopefully something that can be repeated throughout our 125th year.

For those of us who couldn't make it, who was on the pitch?

Us BBC Alba mob were treated to an interview with Paul Sturrock, during which he commented that he fancied managing Saints again one day - there was some great old Saints footage shown too. Strangely, none of it was in Gaelic.

For those of us who couldn't make it, who was on the pitch?

Us BBC Alba mob were treated to an interview with Paul Sturrock, during which he commented that he fancied managing Saints again one day - there was some great old Saints footage shown too. Strangely, none of it was in Gaelic.

I thought it was a pretty good interview, it's great to hear the appetite he still has for the game and the things he still wants to achieve in the game (including managing a small country - I assume he meant England).

:laugh: Nice one - it's about time Mavis got the recognition he deserves. Reilly is one of our two greatest ever central midfielders (the other one of course being JP McBride).

For the Morton game we should get a Saints 1st Division 2002-2009 select 11 out on the pitch

Micheal McGovern

Alan Morgan Mark Campbell Rudi Vata Andy Lawrie

Willie McLaren Mark Reilly John Henry Colin Marshall

Micheal Moore Dyran Daal

In fact, given that I've left out (to name but a few) Derek Lilley, Simon Donnelly, Alan Mahood, Craig Samson, David Bagan and John Stewart we could probably have a half-time 11-a-side kickabout between some of the 'legends' of the last seven years.

For the Morton game we should get a Saints 1st Division 2002-2009 select 11 out on the pitch

Micheal McGovern

Micheal Moore Dyran Daal

In fact, given that I've left out (to name but a few) Derek Lilley, Simon Donnelly, Alan Mahood, Craig Samson, David Bagan and John Stewart we could probably have a half-time 11-a-side kickabout between some of the 'legends' of the last seven years.

This is close to being online bullying I'd forgotton some of the above. You b****** Cheese.

Micheal McGovern

Micheal Moore Dyran Daal

drool

Micheal McGovern

Micheal Moore Dyran Daal

I reckon we could even manage a THIRD team of Saints First Division legends, in a 3-5-2 stylee...

____________________Mark Paston

________Jordan Tait - Paul Lovering - Jamie McQuilken

Robert Sloan - Jamie Winter - Stuart Taylor - Neil Jancyzk - Jamie McCluskey

_______Steph McConalgue - David Weatherston

Subs: Simon Miotto, Paul Bernard, Paul Lawson, Nick McKoy, Lee Hardy

...maybe Mark Reilly was right about our strength in depth after all! Don't have nightmares.

Thought having the legends on the pitch at half-time yesterday was a great move and hopefully something that can be repeated throughout our 125th year.

Having never seen him play, I never realised John Brogan was so small! Or maybe the other three were just tall!

Yep was cracking idea and livened up half time even if we were one down. Definitely should look to have something similar again.

I would love to see more of the 70s mob!

So would I. In fact I'd like to go back in time. You could pee freely anywhere in the ground in these days (so natural), and watch Scottish players of the class you only see on the continent now, you supported the OF in Europe because they were good and played under the same rules as us financially, the buses left from the barracks one after the other, our support was big enough to have a go at the old firm on the terraces (even at Hampden) and all-out attacking football was the norm.

By the way do you know that Jim O'Rourkes pub in Chistorphone (I think that's how it's spelled) has a skittle alley in it, or it used to anyway.

I can still see in my mind John Connolly taking opposition players out of the game with a dribble including Celtic, Rangers and SV Hamburg players, and I think we should remember that Celtic and Rangers won trophies in Europe in these days while competing in these very boring 18 team leagues

A tad gutted in that I was in Corstorphine a couple of weeks back and didn't know his pub was there or I would have paid homage to the great man. I always thought his boozer would be down Leith Walk direction for the Hibernian fans to frequent.

He's up there with Sir Alex Ferguson in our goal scoring ratio of goals scored/ games played if memory serves me correctly (well that would be unusual for me).

I reckon we could even manage a THIRD team of Saints First Division legends, in a 3-5-2 stylee...

____________________Mark Paston

________Jordan Tait - Paul Lovering - Jamie McQuilken

Robert Sloan - Jamie Winter - Stuart Taylor - Neil Jancyzk - Jamie McCluskey

_______Steph McConalgue - David Weatherston

Subs: Simon Miotto, Paul Bernard, Paul Lawson, Nick McKoy, Lee Hardy

...maybe Mark Reilly was right about our strength in depth after all! Don't have nightmares.

no room For David Baigan or that Smith boy from aberdeen? :?