Youth News 2009/10

Dev

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw cmon, theres bound to be a bit of animosity there. If I was a footballer, released by one club as a youth, I would certainly take pride in performing against them and showing they missed out. Part of humanity. To assume that a player is going to totally ignore having played for the former club just sounds like madness.

He'll be out to show up well, but not through animosity, he has nothing against the club as Tommy went out of his way to fix him up at a level which suited his progression. And Tommy has stated that he'll be keeping an eye on their progress.

What you have to remember is if saints stay up next season they will need to have

U10 - 20 Players

U11 - 20 Players

U12 - 20 Players (Cut to 16 after xmas)

U13 - 16 Players

U14 - 16 Players (Current 13's)

U15 - 16 Players

U16 - 16 Players (Current 15's)

U17 - 16 Players

U19 - 16 Players (Current 17's)

I'm sure we will be keeping an eye out on them

What you have to remember is if saints stay up next season they will need to have

U10 - 20 Players

U11 - 20 Players

U12 - 20 Players (Cut to 16 after xmas)

U13 - 16 Players

U14 - 16 Players (Current 13's)

U15 - 16 Players

U16 - 16 Players (Current 15's)

U17 - 16 Players

U19 - 16 Players (Current 17's)

I'm sure we will be keeping an eye out on them

Most if not all of our U19s at the moment are 17 at the moment and in some cases 16 so they will all comply next season for U19s

Yes Gary - This is the requirments for the Development League

Current Teams in the league are

Rangers

Celtic

Hibs

Hearts

Hamilton

Motherwell

Caley Thistle

Dundee

Dundee Utd

Stenhoumuir

Aberdeen

Dunfermline

Falkirk

Kilmarnock

St. Mirren

Raith Rovers

At U10/U11 they play 2 7-a-side games at the same time with 3 subs for each. The same is true at U12 for the first half of the season and then it goes to 11 a side

Edited by saint_markperth

Really did not want to tell you lot this but but but but. No cant do it................................. OK have composed myself. My young lad plays in goal at under 11 and has been asked through to THE COAGIES for trials next week.:?:

If he accepts you'll have two choices; murder or suicide.

There's a member of this forum played a trial for Dundee... wore his Saints top underneath to avoid it touching his skin... I reckon it's acceptable, plus the best way to bring an organisation down is from the inside!!

Suppose it gives the chance to; crap in the players' bath, pee in Wee Leigh's boots and graffiti the walls of Jocky's cellar

Heard an interesting story about a lad that was with Saints U16s last season. Reece McGillon left in the summer and without a club won the Glasgow section of Sky One's Football's Next Star show, which focuses on Jose Mourinho and Internazionale. He then got through a selection process at England's training HQ and for around the next five weeks will train at Internazionale's academy, along with with the remaining 9 finalists, for the chance to win a year long contract with the Italian giants!

The show will supposedly be broadcast in eight parts over Christmas.

Does this reflect well on Saints, or badly for letting him go!

The Club actually wanted to keep the 16's and take them on to 17 but it was the powers that be at the SFA and SFL taht put an end to that. The Club could not play in the performance league (SPL) and were not permitted into the SFL as they are members of the SPL.

ABout time you had one body managing youth football in the country at both pro and amateur level.

The Club actually wanted to keep the 16's and take them on to 17 but it was the powers that be at the SFA and SFL taht put an end to that. The Club could not play in the performance league (SPL) and were not permitted into the SFL as they are members of the SPL.

ABout time you had one body managing youth football in the country at both pro and amateur level.

There should be one body looking after all the football. The SFA,SFL & SPL are all draining cash from the clubs, cash which could have allowed clubs like saints to enter the performance level.

But that won't happen as all the fat cats like their wee jolly trips on the free:roll:

Kelly played for us in Oban and also against Rangers at Murray Park a fortnight ago. When I saw the name, I had a feeling he'd been with us a few years ago as I thought I remembered him from an SFA Youth Cup tie against Airdrie United that I'd been to. I think that takes us up to sixteen full-time players in the U19 squad now, a big step up on recent years and hopefully something that will help the whole group improve further. I think some of the other guys involved with the 17s last season are maybe still kicking around as well?

For anyone interested in this sort of the thing, I make the full-time U19 squad as follows (not sure about a few of the positions):

UNDER 19 SQUAD

Goalkeepers

35. Zander Clark (17)

45. Neil Duffy (17)

Defenders

36. Johnny Lindsay (16)

33. Ryan Sullivan (17)

37. Mark Durnan (16)

43. Sean Porter (16)

38. Ross Alexander (17)

Midfielders

31. Martyn Shields (17)

44. Matt Hemsley (18)

41. Ricky McIntosh (16)

--. Liam Caddis (15)

40. Kieran O'Hear (17)

Forwards

32. Stephen Reynolds (17)

34. Stevie May (16)

39. David Heagney (18)

46. Darren Kelly

The 19s open their season against Motherwell at Stirling Uni on Saturday morning.

Edited by Radford 72

Kelly played for us in Oban and also against Rangers at Murray Park a fortnight ago. When I saw the name, I had a feeling he'd been with us a few years ago as I thought I remembered him from an SFA Youth Cup tie against Airdrie United that I'd been to. I think that takes us up to sixteen full-time players in the U19 squad now, a big step up on recent years and hopefully something that will help the whole group improve further. I think some of the other guys involved with the 17s last season are maybe still kicking around as well?

For anyone interested in this sort of the thing, I make the full-time U19 squad as follows (not sure about a few of the positions):

UNDER 19 SQUAD

Goalkeepers

35. Zander Clark (17)

45. Neil Duffy (17)

Defenders

36. Johnny Lindsay (16)

33. Ryan Sullivan (17)

37. Mark Durnan

Sean Porter (16)

Midfielders

31. Martyn Shields (17)

44. Matt Hemsley (18)

Ricky McIntosh

Liam Caddis

Ross Alexander (17)

Kieran O'Hear

Forwards

32. Stephen Reynolds (17)

34. Stevie May

39. David Heagney (18)

Darren Kelly

The 19s open their season against Motherwell at Stirling Uni on Saturday morning.

Friday 1 pm I believe

Heard an interesting story about a lad that was with Saints U16s last season. Reece McGillon left in the summer and without a club won the Glasgow section of Sky One's Football's Next Star show, which focuses on Jose Mourinho and Internazionale. He then got through a selection process at England's training HQ and for around the next five weeks will train at Internazionale's academy, along with with the remaining 9 finalists, for the chance to win a year long contract with the Italian giants!

The show will supposedly be broadcast in eight parts over Christmas.

Does this reflect well on Saints, or badly for letting him go!

Reflects badly on Sky for commissioning such a tired TV format. Reflects well on us for developing talent.

Final score 6 -1 to Motherwell. Motherwell looked stronger and a bit more savvy than our boys. A couple of set piece goals that could have been better defended and a couple of crackers from just outside of the box. Alexander scored for Saints. The boys will learn from that experience - it is a higher level than last year.

Hopefully it's just a new team taking time to gel and facing a good Motherwell side but it'll be interesting to see how the lads react after being a team that was usually on the other side of that type of scoreline last season. Doesn't get any easier for them next week though as I think they are away to Celtic.