New Sponsor???

sideshowbob1974

The new deal which stands currently at 125 million........ .

125 million quid for a bit of footie on the telly versus 27.4 million from the Scottish Government to the Climate Challenge Fund to reduce our carbon footprint and help keep the planet habitable for humans....does that add up??? :shock::?:

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

125 million quid for a bit of footie on the telly versus 27.4 million from the Scottish Government to the Climate Challenge Fund to reduce our carbon footprint and help keep the planet habitable for humans....does that add up??? :shock::?:

ONLY IN THE MINDS OF POLITICIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot stand corporate sponsorship. I would rather see a wee local business on our shirts, if anything.

Like i said earlier in the thread it would always be my preference to have no sponsor at all but i quite like the QOS way of shirt sponsorship.

What about our local "falling-down-juice" manufacturer?

Shirt.jpg

It is a crazy world - but that 125 million will be reduced soon as Setanta are in crisis talks with the SPL - that is 125 million on a 4 or 5 year deal mind.

It is a crazy world - but that 125 million will be reduced soon as Setanta are in crisis talks with the SPL - that is 125 million on a 4 or 5 year deal mind.

Yeah I didn't want to comment on what I wasn't sure of but a total of 25 million a year - to be reduced - Isn't really a lot for anyone outwith OF. Although it'd be enough for us just now if we need to push the finances to get up the SPL, it'll not do very much.

Setanta's big prize money is tuppence compared to whats going on down south. The Premier League over the last season is supposedly to have had a genereated revenue of over 2 billion pounds!!!

Yeah but their football is much more appealing to watch. Even when its on TV the stadiums are still full!

I m not worried about our finances - i think that Geoff has done an unbelievable job as Chairman - we're debt free - we ve been sensible with the cahs for a while now - add to that the cup runs plus sponsorship and slight increase of being an SPL club and we should be more than fine.

What i m worried about is that we must spend out finances on the right things and people. I would prefer for this season at least to only buy for a substantial fee younger players i.e. 23-28 tops. If we spend less in fees we can have better wage budget and range. We should also press for loan signings as well - no fees just wages - and if they're young their wages will be minimal.

The new soon to be reduced Setanta deal with the SPL is at the mo two and a half times bigger than the last ongoing deal 54:125. Even a slight reduction will still benefit the club hugely.

I have no qualms on the financial side except the potential losses we could make with relegation (god forbid!) as the mony stakes in the SPL are scheduled to really improve over the next two three seasons. TV money up and not just Setanta but Alba and Sportfive as well. 4 Associations Cup revenues. Scottish international side revenue from making a euro or world cup. We must stay up this year so we can solidify our position in the league in time to reap the dividends on their way.

I like a few of your ideas, not too keen on renaming the stadium though, Mr McDiarmid deserves to keep that one!

Fortress Mcdirmand is an unofficial name?! Like Fortress Murrayfield or Twikenham etc - i wasn't suggesting a name change. Apparently "Mcdirmand" wasn't the first choice name for the stadium?

Fortress Mcdirmand is an unofficial name?! Like Fortress Murrayfield or Twikenham etc - i wasn't suggesting a name change. Apparently "Mcdirmand" wasn't the first choice name for the stadium?

ahem, i think he might just mean mcdairmid :)

Well at least the logo is correct on this one so who knows.

When Famous Grouse announced they were giving up sponsorship of Saints, I happened to be at a lunch with the then Chief Executive of Scottish Hydro Electric. Not as grand as you may think, as he had lunch with members of staff once a month. Anyway, I asked him if he had ever considered sponsoring St Johnstone, and he said no. So imagine my delight when they did end up sponsoring them. Of course I took all the credit, only to be shattered when I discovered that it was the new Head of Marketing who had also suggested it.

I like to think that he took some heed of my tuppence worth:laugh: