Tore André Flo

Guest St. Clarkey

Guest St. Clarkey

My source at the club has informed me that Del is having a serious look. He's just been released from MK Dons, and is a free agent. He has international experience and also top flight experience. Apparently, according to my source, he was recommended to Del by Jody? I'm unsure on whether he would be a good signing... He might be past it, but then again, he might still be good enough for us and his experience could be vital. Thoughts?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strangely enough, I was thinking this might happen a couple of weeks ago when I heard he'd been released but forgot to post it on here - the connection's certainly there and he's the sort of build of striker Saints could are probably looking for. Not sure if he's still up to it though - he retired from the game a while back and had taken to appearing on Norway's version of Strictly Come Dancing! Didn't seem to do much for MK Dons when they tempted him out of retirement. Got to be worth a look in pre-season if he's willing though?

I'll take this with a pinch of salt, but flo is certainly a big name and in the past was a top top player, no matter what Rangers fans thought. For 12m they thought he should have walked on water.

Would be a very interesting signing, but his wage demands would probably stop any deal.

Guest St. Clarkey
Strangely enough, I was thinking this might happen a couple of weeks ago when I heard he'd been released but forgot to post it on here - the connection's certainly there and he's the sort of build of striker Saints could are probably looking for. Not sure if he's still up to it though - he retired from the game a while back and had taken to appearing on Norway's version of Strictly Come Dancing! Didn't seem to do much for MK Dons when they tempted him out of retirement. Got to be worth a look in pre-season if he's willing though?

Apparently he is interested, and I would like to see him training with the club in pre-season, I think he could do it for us and wage wise my source says Flo was on between £2-4k per week, so may be willing to take a small cut?

I'll take this with a pinch of salt, but flo is certainly a big name and in the past was a top top player, no matter what Rangers fans thought. For 12m they thought he should have walked on water.

Would be a very interesting signing, but his wage demands would probably stop any deal.

That staement about Rangers supporters is just not true.

What you should have said is that the Scottish tabloid journos thought that "For 12m they thought he should have walked on water".

Practically every Rangers supporter i know thought that he did ok and, as was posted before, had a better goals average than a lot of their darlings at the time.

If he looked up to much in a pre season then Del should give him a go.

a friend of mine who is a hibee said he was at the hibs v rangers game and that mixu had offered him a trial during the summer as he knew he was not getting his contract extended by MK Dons. I wouldnt take him, past his best and will want decent wages, unless like said in a previous post he was on a Saha like deal of pay when you play.

Exactly! Feck flo, not for me. Get the priorities right. LEFT BACK!

Yeah but like all other teams are we not just after one player but several? I'm sure he's looking for a left back. :) I'm also sure Dave Mackay can cover at left back or central defence.

In a 4-3-3 system our forward line might be the three O's -

---------------- Savo --------- Flo ---------- Peaso -----

or

--------------- Samo ------ Jacko ---------- Swanko ------

Homo's left.

I remember having a conversation about Flo with a guy i worked with, a Rangers fan, and he said that the biggest problem is Flo never scored when it really mattered - i.e when they were level or maybe a goal up. His party trick was often to score when the pressure was off and the team were 3 or 4 goals up.

No idea how factual or even relevant this may be but it's just something i remembered when reading through this thread.