Boycott the new strip?

Sainteesean

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SaintsStrip_1.jpg

Radford that looks braw. Thats worth spending £40 on. I still like the gold on the strip but the sponsor logo could have easily looked like that. The club need to realise they need to start speaking to the people who are buying the damn things before making crappy decisions. If the club didnt like the sponsors idea for the logo on the strip, find another sponsor. Its our club and our strip not the sponsors.

Radford that looks braw. Thats worth spending £40 on. I still like the gold on the strip but the sponsor logo could have easily looked like that. The club need to realise they need to start speaking to the people who are buying the damn things before making crappy decisions. If the club didnt like the sponsors idea for the logo on the strip, find another sponsor. Its our club and our strip not the sponsors.

Why would the club listen to the fans??

The sponsors cash says it's their strip...

If the millionaire bloke who invested in Dundee chose to sponsor us and put 'Pehs' on a massive white blob on the strip would this be ok?

We should have some basic say in the design of the strip, or at least be able to buy a shirt without a sponsors logo on it

If the millionaire bloke who invested in Dundee chose to sponsor us and put 'Pehs' on a massive white blob on the strip would this be ok?

We should have some basic say in the design of the strip, or at least be able to buy a shirt without a sponsors logo on it

I would be as unhappy as I am with this strip but my unhappiness would not make one jot of difference to the club. We need sponsors and I would not stop watching saints because of a shitey shirt with a shitey logo.. I would just do as I'm doing this time.. Not buying the new strip and spending the equvilant on other merchandise .:wink:

From the sponsors perspective though is it a good idea to have a logo that looks so bad?

First impressions of the strip are "look at that horrible Logo. It looks cheap and nasty. Who is it? Taylor Wimpey - hope their houses are better than that awful logo".

Not exactly a great impression.

How is it our club and our strip, we are supporters not owners. If we went down that route then god knows how bad the strips and logo would become. Remember there are not that many folk on the forum compared to the number of fans (5-6%) so the negative views put forward are in the minority. Looking at the number of shirts they were selling yesterday I would say that they are very popular with the majority of fans!!

This forum is going downhill faster that an avalanche, so many moaners on here it is unbelievable!!! :shock:

As to Radford's version, it is a good try but my kids say it looks like a jersey you would buy in Matalan......

Remember there are not that many folk on the forum compared to the number of fans (5-6%) so the negative views put forward are in the minority.

That argument isn't really accurate. The forum certainly represents a small sample of Saints supporters, but I'd say it's a pretty good cross-section of the fanbase, and I don't know of anywhere else where you'd find a bigger sample of Saints fans in order to gauge opinion. Just because only maybe 5% of the fans post on here, doesn't mean that the other 95% love the strip. I reckon that if, for example, 70% of the forum users dislike the strip, then that figure can probably be more or less applied to the entire Saints support. If everyone on here loved the strip would you still come on and tell them their positive view is in the minority because most fans don't post on here?

If people don't like the strip and feel it's not up to standard for the price it costs then they're perfectly entitled to say so - I don't see why people expressing honest opinion, as long as its reasoned, should be viewed as evidence of the forum "going downhill".