Bobby Robson

Moray Blue

That I can take, but what I've posted has been blown right out of proportion.

Each week someone else in the public eye dies and we're made to feel like we should be a nation in mourning. It's rammed down our throats by the media and people feel the need to post or write some forcefed tribute to a man they have no affiliation with.

I feel sad for his family, having lost a father, brother, uncle etc etc but that's as far as my sympathy spreads.

You said what you felt and while most people were unhappy about it, you are fully entitled to your opinion and that opinion should not be censored just because you are in the minority..

We as a nation, do now seem to wallow in the deaths of public figures, which is a follow on from the death of the prince of Wales's adulterous wife. We have become in some way, proffesional mourners.

Anyway, I disagree with your opening comments in this thread but that's just MY opinion and I think talk of a ban is just nonsense.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That I can take, but what I've posted has been blown right out of proportion.

Each week someone else in the public eye dies and we're made to feel like we should be a nation in mourning. It's rammed down our throats by the media and people feel the need to post or write some forcefed tribute to a man they have no affiliation with.

I feel sad for his family, having lost a father, brother, uncle etc etc but that's as far as my sympathy spreads.

I wholeheartedly concur. It is a very modern phenomana grieving for people we have no connection with.

Having said that, not the classiest of posts was it? Maybe if you had posted something like the above you could have opened up an interesting debate. Instead, you chose to post something spiteful about "a man you (presumably) have no affiliation with". I could be wrong on this. It may well be the case that he and Trevor Whymark did something unspeakable to your granny in 1978. If so, I feel your pain.

Of course perhaps you just wanted to cause offence in which case, congratulations, you've won a goldfish.

Thanks for coming back on and explaining your thoughts. I am not getting carried along on public emotion and being predictable. My work took me to Ipswich quite a lot when he was there and his team were magic.When he was England boss I was not so keen but club appointments since were successful. My brother has lived in Newcastle for 25 years and we lost both parents to cancer. What Sir Bobby has done for the Oncology dept at the Freeman hospital has united the whole North East while suffering himself.

I respect your right to your opinion but sometimes you can say more by saying nothing.

I still maintain he was a gent. RIP

I hope that it is only here that a person can be pilloried for his opinion, because the reaction to Noose's post was more despicible than anything he said in that post.

I had a great respect for Bobby simply because he was a great football man who was honest and straightforward. Indeed, may he rest in peace. The likes of the Great Jose could learn a bit about style from Robson.

Let's, please, have a little more respect for opinions that might differ from our own. We are not arbiters of taste, we are fitba' fans.

Smudge

Let me make myself perfectly clear, Adolf. I am entitled to my own opinion on the man, and that is that the only time I've ever come across him he showed a total lack of respect for my club by sitting on a deck chair as if it were a Sunday league match. He wouldn't do that at Old Trafford or the Bernabeu so why, if he's such a great football man, would he do it at Gretna?

I don't base my posts on what everyone else is saying and if I have something more to say than the standard "Great Man RIP" then I'll say it.

To say I should be banned is a ****ing pisstake. Because I don't feel the need to take part in this false widespread grief of a man who has provided absolutely nothing to anything in my life means that I should be banned?

If an old guy dying of cancer sitting in a deck chair upsets you Noose ,you need therapy.

RIP Bobby Robson

Footnote: - FFS. It's not about "false widespread grief". It's about showing respect to a man who earned it. Whether or not you agree that's appropriate, surely its apparent why people may take offence at a comment like the one posted here?

Perhaps an admission that the tone of the post might be a little on the harsh side rather than indignation at its responses would mend some bridges?

What you mentioning my name for ya big jessie..Why would you need to mend bridges with me?? I like you, and you are forever giving me material to slag you off with ya lilac jacketed *** sympathiser:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Exactly. I'm comfortable that our friendship has not been affected by this pathetic situation.

SaintinReading, you've hit the nail on the head, mate.