Bobby Robson

Moray Blue

****ing laughed my bollocks off when he turned up at Gretna and sat on that deck chair, only for us to tear them a new arsehole. Shame he didn't snuff it then.

Shame that you don't seem to have any talent Noose apart from making inappropriate & tasteless comment about someone who had courage & grit. Just glad his family will not have to read such a sad pathetic post.

Grow up!

RIP to a true sportsman.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally out of order, and the moderators should never have let it be shown.

take it off.

100% seconded. Maybe the moderators should spend more time getting people like this banned from the site than Dundee fans that came on for a bit of friendly rivalry and deleting posts to try a keep a "secret" trialist secret, even though a picture of the player had earlier been posted?? Bang out of order, get a grip.

Genuine football man, always enjoyed listening to him, knew the game we love!!! Stupid comments on here shouldnt be tolerated...banter etc is fine in its place but ALL football fans should be able to appreciate a fellow football man irrespective of his nationality or the teams he managed!! RIP Sir Bobby..one of the true legends of the game, up there with Shanks and Stein.

In defence of Noose, i think some of the posters reaction to his comments have been blown totally out of proportion. It is always difficult to tell on forum whether a posters comments are serious, or to be viewed in a humourous light, however i would suggest that Noose's comments are entirely "tongue in cheek".

Further to this, i would suggest that statements like "maybe the moderators should spend more time getting people like this banned" are riduclious. As Dr Christmas Jones points out, im sure everyone at some point has recieved a text message or email which pokes fun at some individual who has passed away, ive lost count of the amount i have seen/heard about Michael Jackson and Steve Irwin, and im pretty sure that when you recieved these, you were not in a state of outrage.

Are we supposed to be in a state of depression everytime an individual in the public eye passes away? Are we not allowed to cast some light on sad situations such as this?

Nobodys asking anybody to go into a state of depression.. . . just show a bit of respect.

Dont know why anyone can think his comment was tongue in cheek . i hope it was, even still it was in such bad taste. look at the outcry Fletcher started on here with his tongue in cheek comment.

RIP Bobby Robson.

It is disappointing that Noose has written that about him just because of the Gretna thing, sometimes football rivalry and bitterness should be put aside. Similarly, it was good to hear that the Sunderland fans at Celtic Park yesterday were singing his name despite his Newcastle connections.

Bobby Robson deserves a great amount of respect for what he achieved in the game and the manner in which he achieved it.

Anyone who cannot appreciate what Sir Bobby Robson brought to football must be very limited in their views. Forever associated with Ipswich I will guarantee that there are no malicious comments (tongue in cheek or otherwise) emanating from their bitter rivals Norwich. The man was an absolute gentleman.

I think a minutes silence would have been better at the game today. The fans fell silent before the minutes applause was announced. I may be in the minority, but i feel that the silence and cheer when the whistle blows is far better than some uniformed clapping.

P.S. I hope the toon fans are ashamed of themselves following their 'antics' in the bars around tannadice. My friends 8 year old daughter said she thought she was going to die as they smashed up the centenary and whites amongst others.

Best fans in the world.......my ******** ringpiece

Edited by Dunfermline Saint
drunken speeeellling

I think a minutes silence would have been better at the game today. The fans fell silent before the minutes applause was announced. I may be in the minority, but i feel that the silence and cheer when the whistle blows is far better than some uniformed clapping.

The minute's applause is an absolute farce, I agree entirely with you that a minute's silence is a far better way of showing respect.

P.S. I hope the toon fans are ashamed of themselves following their 'antics' in the bars around tannadice. My friends 8 year old daughter said she thought she was going to die as they smashed up the centenary and whites amongst others.

Best fans in the world.......my ******** ringpiece

Sad to hear but not exactly surprising.

100% seconded. Maybe the moderators should spend more time getting people like this banned from the site than Dundee fans that came on for a bit of friendly rivalry and deleting posts to try a keep a "secret" trialist secret, even though a picture of the player had earlier been posted?? Bang out of order, get a grip.

Let me make myself perfectly clear, Adolf. I am entitled to my own opinion on the man, and that is that the only time I've ever come across him he showed a total lack of respect for my club by sitting on a deck chair as if it were a Sunday league match. He wouldn't do that at Old Trafford or the Bernabeu so why, if he's such a great football man, would he do it at Gretna?

I don't base my posts on what everyone else is saying and if I have something more to say than the standard "Great Man RIP" then I'll say it.

To say I should be banned is a ****ing pisstake. Because I don't feel the need to take part in this false widespread grief of a man who has provided absolutely nothing to anything in my life means that I should be banned?

Edited by Noose76

Let me make myself perfectly clear, Adolf. I am entitled to my own opinion on the man, and that is that the only time I've ever come across him he showed a total lack of respect for my club by sitting on a deck chair as if it were a Sunday league match. He wouldn't do that at Old Trafford or the Bernabeu so why, if he's such a great football man, would he do it at Gretna?

I don't base my posts on what everyone else is saying and if I have something more to say than the standard "Great Man RIP" then I'll say it.

To say I should be banned is a ****ing pisstake. Because I don't feel the need to take part in this false widespread grief of a man who has provided absolutely nothing to anything in my life means that I should be banned?

I totally agree Noose.:wink:

You should be banned though, simple for being a lilac jacketed, Dundee based Millwall supporting cnut:laugh:

That I can take, but what I've posted has been blown right out of proportion.

Each week someone else in the public eye dies and we're made to feel like we should be a nation in mourning. It's rammed down our throats by the media and people feel the need to post or write some forcefed tribute to a man they have no affiliation with.

I feel sad for his family, having lost a father, brother, uncle etc etc but that's as far as my sympathy spreads.

Edited by Noose76