Wenger's Changing Views...

dariuzthepole

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8201233.stm

and whats wrong with this exactly?

If Eduardo hadn't leaped over Boruc he would have been cleaned out, i'll give someone who had an injury like he did a bit of slack when he doesn't leave his leg into challenges, Eduardos one of the most professional and down to earth guys you'll ever come across

Edited by Calinho

Guest Bertrand

What an absolute load of mince!

IF he hadn't have leaped over him? Why didn't he leap over him then instead of diving straight to the ground?, he could easily have hurdled Boruc if he wanted to - the fact he was already going to ground by the time boruc actually got near him will show he had no intention of doing anything other than taking a dive - so its for the sake of his legs he decided to become a cheat?! I hope he gets the same treatment Mikolounas got, its the only way players will learn that there is absolutely no place in football for play acting, diving or anything else like that

Only Arsenal fans have failed to aknowledge the fact he is a cheating git - I cannot stand diving in the game its a disgrace - the sooner UEFA look at it the better, and they have confirmed they'll be looking into it already - hope he gets his two game ban and learns his lesson

What an absolute load of mince!

IF he hadn't have leaped over him? Why didn't he leap over him then instead of diving straight to the ground?, he could easily have hurdled Boruc if he wanted to - the fact he was already going to ground by the time boruc actually got near him will show he had no intention of doing anything other than taking a dive - so its for the sake of his legs he decided to become a cheat?! I hope he gets the same treatment Mikolounas got, its the only way players will learn that there is absolutely no place in football for play acting, diving or anything else like that

Only Arsenal fans have failed to aknowledge the fact he is a cheating git - I cannot stand diving in the game its a disgrace - the sooner UEFA look at it the better, and they have confirmed they'll be looking into it already - hope he gets his two game ban and learns his lesson

Totally agree with you, but unlike Mikolounus Eduardo is a big name and will not be pulled up about it, thats the way UEFA seem to work

Can they are do anything in hindsight? Fletcher wasnt allowed to have his yellow resinded after he got the ball at Emirates, does that mean Eduardo cannnot be caught?

the guy was expecting to get hit by borat but he never.then fell down the ref got it wrong.when it comes to cheating n diving celtic had the best in nakamura did uefa or the ess pee hell ban nope.if it happened at the other end would the Scottish media be in such an out cry **** NO.

Also remember when he saw the tackle that broke Eduardos leg but then a couple of games later when man utd were 4 up and nani did some keepy uppies and Gallas could have broke his leg, and guess what? he didnt see it

Do you mean Flamini's tackle? The one where he played the ball!

I'm not sure how you can mistake Gallas for Flamini?

All irrelevant and inconclusive........Dont know why Gordon Smith has stuck his oar in.....Ref made the decision as he does in every game......might have got it wrong after seeing it on film....but he made the decision........will Smith now review ever single penalty etc that is awarded in the SPL ?

nope......

I used to have a lot of respect for Wegner and all that he was building at Arsenal but over the years he has slowly lost it and at least he did not use the "I did not see it" excuse this time.

Remember this was the ref from the Scotland v Italy Euro qualifier so Smith has previous with him

I used to have a lot of respect for Wegner and all that he was building at Arsenal but over the years he has slowly lost it and at least he did not use the "I did not see it" excuse this time.

Remember this was the ref from the Scotland v Italy Euro qualifier so Smith has previous with him

Its not an excuse, Wenger does not like to wash his dirty laundry in public, his players get spoken to about any incidents behind the scenes

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8201233.stm

Guest Bertrand

Wenger is currently stating that the "keeper touched Eduardo - therefore he cannot be a cheat" and that its a "Disgrace" that Eduardo is being banned

What a complete gimp - FFS its so plainly obvious that he cheated, just F ing admit it, both of them, they're losing credibility by the minute by maintaining that Eduardo is a victim of a witch-hunt

Celtic have no right whatsoever to moan about players from other teams cheating, Celtic have been getting away with that sort of thing for years!

dont really see celtic moaning at all -

"Celtic manager Tony Mowbray admitted that the penalty was not a key factor in the overall result.

"The referee has given it. But, if the TV pictures show it should not have been given, so be it," he said.

"Over the two legs, Arsenal had more quality and deserved to go through." "

There is only one manager up with Arsen Wenger in Britain today and that is Alex Ferguson. They are both single minded and know how the game should be played. I have met a few different people in England who don't like Alex Ferguson for exactly the same reasons as people complain about Wenger, because they see the game through their players eyes.

Arsen Wenger has the youngest squad in the Premiership, he hasn't gone out and bought players and was being criticised pre-season for not doing so but he knew what he had in his ranks and he still feels they need a couple of years but they do play flowing unstoppable football on their day. The OF don't need big money they should do what Arsenal are doing.

Arsen Wenger is a genius, the best move Arsenal have made for 40 years. A previous poster was correct when he said Rangers and Celtic players have played to the crowd by diving in the box as far back as I can remember e.g. Willie Henderson.

Arshavin reminds me a lot of Willie Johnston. True, same style and same smile and brilliant on his day.

he says that arsenal will challenge every decision that refs will now make in europe! bit over the top. the guy needs to get a grip!

also claiming that the keeper made contact! i dont think he did, but if he did, it was not enough contact for the player to go to ground like the way he did

he says that arsenal will challenge every decision that refs will now make in europe! bit over the top. the guy needs to get a grip!

also claiming that the keeper made contact! i dont think he did, but if he did, it was not enough contact for the player to go to ground like the way he did

Have to disagree with first point.........as wenger said earlier the decision has opened a "door of worms"-and does indeed (if proved) open every refereeing decision to an appeal to the "governing body".......the referee didnt see it initially and to be honest how many who watched the game (i was at Arbroath) could say that it was a "dive"...without reviewing " repeated replays of the incident.

I applaud Wenger for backing his player to the hilt -albeit it wasnt a penalty...but we dont make those decisions...the ref does........Players get away with off-ball incidents every week........so will every game be reviewed and punishments dished out accordingly.

As far as i am aware Celtic didnt pursue this -its Gordon Smith out to make a name for himself.....when he cant even sort out Scottish football and the mess its in.

Guest Bertrand

The celtic players came out and said he should get banned, Loovens and Donati I think

We seem to be getting off topic and onto some sort of Wenger love-in at points here.

The point is Eduardo cheated, simulated contact to conn the referee and got away with it during a game worth tens of millions of pounds to the winner - Celtic would have went out anyway, but if the whole Arsenal team (and Manager) were so confident why did they resort to cheating in order to get in front during the game?

It shouldn't be described as part of the game, it should be hammered home that this behaviour is unacceptable and rightly UEFA are going to make a point and ban Eduardo - until players learn they will get punished for these acts it will never leave the game.

Guest Bertrand

The celtic players came out and said he should get banned, Loovens and Donati I think

We seem to be getting off topic and onto some sort of Wenger love-in at points here.

The point is Eduardo cheated, simulated contact to conn the referee and got away with it during a game worth tens of millions of pounds to the winner - Celtic would have went out anyway, but if the whole Arsenal team (and Manager) were so confident why did they resort to cheating in order to get in front during the game?

It shouldn't be described as part of the game, it should be hammered home that this behaviour is unacceptable and rightly UEFA are going to make a point and ban Eduardo - until players learn they will get punished for these acts it will never leave the game.