The Big 'Lets create an atmosphere' thread.

PerthSaints_1884

A great quote on the match day album on facebook from the weekend

Brilliant result. I took my youngest, his first ever match. He got the flyer at soccer skills last week. I was really surprised at how reasonable the prices were. I will definitely be recommending it as a good afternoon's entertainment. Unfortunately he missed the goal as he went to the toilet (typical).

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.557886784234307.1073741840.106790282677295&type=1

• 1 month later...

Motherwell game was great - I was surprised how much the atmosphere changed from 3500 to 5000 spread out around the ground.

I would also add that I was in the center of the main stand, behind the dugout, in the first half and it was a good atmosphere, but I moved over to the south end of the main stand (I bumped into my dad at half time and went to sit beside him) and the atmosphere was noticeably dreary. I don't know whether more could be achieved by containing the crowd into smaller areas to increase the atmosphere, rather than spreading folk out?  It seems obscure that there are season ticket holders at that south end of the mainstand so far away from the main crowd.  

It was worse.....partly down to the stewarding but also the drop in visiting fans due to ridiculous kick off times.

The guys with the drum tried their best I must add

This, coupled with shoving the away fans in the Main Stand and not behind the goal next to the home support, has meant the atmosphere was sh*t for 95% of the season.

I often wonder that too, even if they close the back half of the stands and pack the front, keep crowd together, surley feel better for the players and Even for TV (for what little coverage there is) give it a fuller effect i would reckon

Motherwell game was great - I was surprised how much the atmosphere changed from 3500 to 5000 spread out around the ground.

I would also add that I was in the center of the main stand, behind the dugout, in the first half and it was a good atmosphere, but I moved over to the south end of the main stand (I bumped into my dad at half time and went to sit beside him) and the atmosphere was noticeably dreary. I don't know whether more could be achieved by containing the crowd into smaller areas to increase the atmosphere, rather than spreading folk out?  It seems obscure that there are season ticket holders at that south end of the mainstand so far away from the main crowd.  

I often wonder that too, even if they close the back half of the stands and pack the front, keep crowd together, surley feel better for the players and Even for TV (for what little coverage there is) give it a fuller effect i would reckon

Get what your saying, but poorer views from front of stand....and colder, and wet if it rains

the atmosphere at the motherwell game was superb but it would have been made even better if the motherwell fans were in the north stand rather than being in the mian stand because we had flags in the north. It would have meant our singing group and their singing group would have been right next toe each other which always makes for a better atmosphere

• 6 months later...