#25 - 31/01/08 - Greenock Morton (a)

perth_saintee12

I was at the game earlier this season down there and also the two last season. Not a ground I really like, but totally fired up for this already. Last Saturdays disapointment is done and dusted. Hope the wee social club has the sense to put extra staff on this time, earlier on this season there was only one wifey on who couldnt crack a smile.

come on the saints, 3 points pleassssssssssse

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said it because he is ignorant of Chris Millar and because he likes to slag my posts. Wouldn't take him too seriously, he even implied that Millar cannae score! He obviously knows nothing of Millar's time at Morton.

Any need for the condescending post? Just because he slagged off your post, he hasn't been the only one, surely the sensible thing would've been to point out his mistake and leave it at that? I didn't know Millar's nickname was Midge, does that make me ignorant as well?

As for the game, I can see another draw here. I fear our lack of match action and lack of goals may affect us. That said, Savo and Hardie have had extra rest so should be fighting fit for this one.

I reckon 1-1 with Savo scoring

I was at the game earlier this season down there and also the two last season. Not a ground I really like, but totally fired up for this already. Last Saturdays disapointment is done and dusted. Hope the wee social club has the sense to put extra staff on this time, earlier on this season there was only one wifey on who couldnt crack a smile.

come on the saints, 3 points pleassssssssssse

What social club were you in Mike????

I'm not quite sure of the name of it. You go upstairs, its next to a kebab or pizza place. Its about 2mins walk from the ground and its usually bustin full of fans....

Ah , thats a pub mate I think....Forget what it's called. Last time we went, we went to the Morton Supporters club in the town , about 10 minutes away from the ground which was okay. Hopefully we are booked in there again this time.

Ah , thats a pub mate I think....Forget what it's called. Last time we went, we went to the Morton Supporters club in the town , about 10 minutes away from the ground which was okay. Hopefully we are booked in there again this time.

It'll do me again, right next to the ground and cheap drink. Hope we take a big following, Dunfermline at home this week could do with the 3 points. Mind you EEP isnt exactly a fortress these days!!

I think we should be cautious and optimistic. Morton are on a decent run but far from impregnable. They have already spilled 15 points at home through a mixture of defeats and draws. This is nearly twice as bad as our home form. No doubt who the superior team/squad is. Cmon saints

Are you going to do another pre match interview for the guy in the Norseman with the cameraphone ? Shocked that never ended up on Youtube.

It'll do me again, right next to the ground and cheap drink. Hope we take a big following, Dunfermline at home this week could do with the 3 points. Mind you EEP isnt exactly a fortress these days!!

Is there a club near the ground ? Only place I know near there is the Norseman above the chippy. Morton Supporters club is a wee bit away.

http://www.scottishgrounds.co.uk/morton.htm

Admission prices are on here.

Just a wee thing..

I was looking at the Saintee bit of that website and i noticed that the capacity of MC D is "10,673 (all seated)" But..

if u scroll down the page a bitty..

Then it says that saintees biggest ever attendance was "10,721 v Rangers, February 26th 1990. "

Anyone know if thats right or if its a mistake??

was it a full house that day?? i wouldnt know i was 1:D

Just a wee thing..

I was looking at the Saintee bit of that website and i noticed that the capacity of MC D is "10,673 (all seated)" But..

if u scroll down the page a bitty..

Then it says that saintees biggest ever attendance was "10,721 v Rangers, February 26th 1990. "

Anyone know if thats right or if its a mistake??

was it a full house that day?? i wouldnt know i was 1:D

That appears to be a mistake, the biggest recorded gate was V Dundee when we qualified for europe. I also cant remember exact details but sure the McDiarmid Capacity was increased ever so slightly having been there for a few years, we put extra seats in at the back and added a couple of hundred. Can someone confirm?

That appears to be a mistake, the biggest recorded gate was V Dundee when we qualified for europe. I also cant remember exact details but sure the McDiarmid Capacity was increased ever so slightly having been there for a few years, we put extra seats in at the back and added a couple of hundred. Can someone confirm?

Don't know about the actual figures, but we certainly added extra rows of seats at the back of the stands a year or 3 after we opened the ground.