Stephen Reynolds

Jamie_Beatson

But there is absolutely no pressure when you're losing 3-0!

I ask again, did you agree with Del introducing Reynolds at Killie?

Not much point having a new washing machine sitting in your lobby...you have to test that it works.......No point putting young guys on a bench unless you introduce them with at least 10 minutes to go with the team 1 or 2 or more down.

How can you test them unless you put them in against the "big boys" and plz dont come back with the "young -inexperienced crap...if they aint good ...Bin em.

If it was sub just for the sake of giving him experience no, but he obviously thought that Reynolds was ready for it and taht is why he is out on loan.

Reynolds came on against Killie and played very well in a Saints team that was getting murdered. Stevie May is a better player than Steven Reynolds.

I am really bemused by your stance. How does a young player become ready for the SPL? We can't loan them because we're struggling to list a u19 team - only three subbies on Friday.

I can't see how his introduction could have done anything other than motivate him to work harder in training.

Not much point having a new washing machine sitting in your lobby...you have to test that it works.......No point putting young guys on a bench unless you introduce them with at least 10 minutes to go with the team 1 or 2 or more down.

How can you test them unless you put them in against the "big boys" and plz dont come back with the "young -inexperienced crap...if they aint good ...Bin em.

Are you having a "go" at me or Mainstand?

How can the guys be too young. Aberdeen have 2 or 3 guys in their team that are under 20, likewise Motherwell. There are even some young kids playing in the Premiership.

Lets be honest Reynolds & May can`t be any worse than Johanson who was gash at Rangers ,worse at Hearts & has not improved with age.

Lets be honest Reynolds & May can`t be any worse than Johanson who was gash at Rangers ,worse at Hearts & has not improved with age.

I wouldn't start them over JJ because a start is big pressure. Bringing them on as a subby in a dead game has no pressure. All they're being asked to do is chase lost causes and enjoy the moment.

I don`t think there is any pressure in starting a game . Some of these young guys are fearless. There are a few of them step up to the mark to take crucial penalties.

Of course there is pressure starting a game. It means you have been selected as the best option. None of our kids are at that stage, not by a long way. If the start and get ripped, it may destroy their confidence.

Nevertheless, JJ was doing hee haw yesterday and Deuchar is hopeless on his own so Stevie May should have been given a wee shot. Simply for experience.

Never said at any point that they were too young and inexperienced, If tehy are good enough then they are old enough. As far as i know May does not even train with the first team on a daily basis, he is still with the under 19's and the fact that Saints have not loaned him out to gain sime more experience would suggest that he is still a bit away from a first team start.

I agree taht they have to be tested but do you put your best clothes in the wash to test the machine, no! you use a test run and that is what the bounce games are for. I have not seen a lot of May playing and seeing him against under 19 players is a big diff from playing in the first team.

Never said at any point that they were too young and inexperienced, If tehy are good enough then they are old enough. As far as i know May does not even train with the first team on a daily basis, he is still with the under 19's and the fact that Saints have not loaned him out to gain sime more experience would suggest that he is still a bit away from a first team start.

May does train with the first team.

May does train with the first team.

I stand corrected then. I am going by the twice taht I have watched training in the last few months, he was not a week past Monday(30th) when I was watching them at Kilgraston. He was with the under 19's and only got shouted over when one of the squad went out injured.

Anyone seen much of him, was the hype for a while around Man Utd apparently looking at him justified?

Couple of Ayr fans at my work, where saying that last week against Scumdee he was good, and that they would like to ayr keep him till the end of the season.

Plus he has been good in other games for them as well.

• 3 months later...