Saints vs QoS

Saintkev

According to Sky he booked 2 of them in the last minute for dissent and unsporting behavour.

That means 9 in total, 7 Saints, 2 QoS, and all for dissent and unsporting behavour. What a joke. The referrees association will be very proud of him. :roll:

Hope he watches scotsport first 2moro to see hw shocking he atually was.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That means 9 in total, 7 Saints, 2 QoS, and all for dissent and unsporting behavour.

What I will point out - unsporting behaviour is the Press Association's way of describing everything bar dissent so it is likely the unsporting behaviour ones will have been for late tackles or persistent fouling rather than being "unsporting" as we would call it.

[What I will point out - unsporting behaviour is the Press Association's way of describing everything bar dissent so it is likely the unsporting behaviour ones will have been for late tackles or persistent fouling rather than being "unsporting" as we would call it.

Thats ridiculous. When did they start that nonsense?

Wouldnt you class unsporting behahvour as kicking the ball away, not retiring at a free kick etc. Late tackles and such is foul play. They are 2 totally different issues!

Just back from the game. I kind of lost track of the bookings, but I think only Ruti was booked for a foul. The rest were for dissent. For QoS, their two late bookings were for failure to stay ten yards back at a free kick and an off-the-ball confrontation after the final whistle respectively. I think they also had a player booked when Hardie was sent off, presumably for the elbow/challenge that caused Hardie to react. Ref was a joke.

Despite the bad result, it was actually a game I really enjoyed. Our players were really up for the match and with plenty of action, excitement, goals and contentious refereeing decisions I reckon the fans got value for money.

The game began in a very open manner and continued that way throughout. I thought we were looking quite good until poor defending saw Simon Mensing concede a penalty. A decent through ball by Queens saw Weir through on goal and Mensing clearly brought him down before he could shoot. The referee initially waved away the Queens protests but the linesman on the far side flagged for it. After much deliberation the referee eventually went with the linesman's opinion and awarded the penalty. Goran Stanic went mad at the linesman and referee and got himself booked - James had to physically drag him away to stop him getting sent off. John O'Neill stuck it past Glennon.

Hardie was sent off for a stupid kick out after he appeared to be elbowed while challenging for a header. To be honest there wasn't a lot in it, I wouldn't have said it was violent conduct and a yellow card would have been fine but the ref went straight to his top pocket for the red card. It all kicked off and the bookings for dissent continued. The ref had no control of anything and by throwing yellow cards around he wasn't helping things.

We had a succession of corners and were on top again before Queens went two up. More poor defending and a swipe at fresh air by Sheerin saw the ball find its way through to Weir who finished well.

It was looking pretty bad at that stage but we were well up for the fight. We brought it back to 2-1 through a Kevin James tap-in after great work by Jason Scotland and then equalised through Paul Sheerin after Savo somehow won the ball off a Queens defender. He had no right to get the ball but sheer determination saw him snake out a foot and block the clearance.

The second half wasn't quite up to the standard of the first but we still fought hard and were clearly the better team. Kevin James own goal was very unfortunate, he just lost his bearings for a moment and headed over Matt Glennon when Queens appeared to be going nowhere. It was devastating and James was clearly upset about it.

We were excellent today even with ten men and did not deserve to lose the match, although I don't really grudge giving Queens the points. The players deserve trememdous credit for the passion shown and on another day when circumstances didn't conspire against us we would have taken all three points. Queens were better than I've seen them but they weren't great and it's disappointing that the team that performed better and fought harder did not take the points.

Well done though to the players, couldn't have asked for any more.

i was watching gillete soccer saturday on sky sports news to get all the scores as normal. all the full times were coming through and a thoufgt well we have got a 2-2 draw here what a load o p**s!! just before full time in or game came up it sais "Qos 3-2 st John.... James og 75.

now this came up at about ten to 5.

Temple report is now up but I'll just echo what Dev said.

We didn't deserve to lose that one and while the ref had a shocker, there were one or two players today who were below par. Hardie's red card whilst harsh was correct and he was a bloody idiot for lashing out like that no matter what the provocation. Stanic was lucky not to follow at the penalty incident (which if it was a penalty surely should have been a red card for Mensing). But too often in the first half (even before they scored) we were settling for humping the ball up the park - Savo and Jason were poor until we opened the game up after scoring.

Can't fault the players spirit though and felt heart sorry for James at the og - he's one of those players who you know will be cut up about it (even though in the end it doesn't matter given the result from Love St).

BTW Anyone know what the tussle was between Rusty and Gibson at full-time? I assume that it was a carry on from the arseing about at the freekick at the end of the game?

Anyway congrats to St Mirren (even if Gus seems to have developed a bit of paranoia going by his post-match interview) - hopefully they'll stay up and teach the SPL "elite" a lesson.

Thats ridiculous. When did they start that nonsense?

They haven't. Not in particular at least. Having worked for the PA for many years now, the reasons for a booking are totally in the eyes of the individual reporter. Some weeks, I'll confess, if a Saints booking is totally undeserved, I'll phone it through after the game as "foul play" rather than dissent, etc.

Every ground in the country has a PA reporter with his own opinion, and it's a bit of a lottery at times!

Just back from the game. I kind of lost track of the bookings, but I think only Ruti was booked for a foul. The rest were for dissent.

I reckoned it went:

Stanic - dissent (and attempted assault on a linesman)

Sheridan - dissent

James - mystery

Sheerin - mystery

Rusti - foul

Mensing - foul

Owen - caught out by the linesman going greetin to the referee cos OC questioned his crap decision.

Add to that Hardie's red card for violent conduct (though Mensing escaped a red for being last man at the "penalty").

For QoS at least twice the ref signalled that Weir had dived but took no action, while both Thomson and Bowey had blatant handballs they weren't carded for.

Not the best official I've ever seen :twisted::roll::wink:

As you know I'm not a man to hold grudges but the Ronaldo Bureau of Investigation has found this man to have form with regard to freely waving cards at certain times (probably monthly hormonal problems) and it is our belief that he should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute and consequently executed. Here are the games he has refereed this season -

Ross County 2 - 1 Montrose 30-07-2005 - (4 Yellow) (0 Red)

Brechin 0 - 0 Partick 09-08-2005 - (8 Yellow) (1 Red)

Stranraer 1 - 2 Clyde 20-08-2005 - (2 Yellow) (0 Red)

East Stirling 0 - 2 Elgin City 24-09-2005 - (2 Yellow) (0 Red)

St Johnstone 3 - 1 Brechin 15-10-2005 - (2 Yellow) (0 Red)

Peterhead 3 - 1 Alloa 22-10-2005 - (5 Yellow) (1 Red)

Alloa 0 - 0 Morton 18-03-2006 - (2 Yellow) (0 Red)

Dumbarton 0 - 1 Alloa 21-03-2006 - (7 Yellow) (0 Red)

Forfar 5 - 2 Raith 28-03-2006 - (3 Yellow) (0 Red)

Ross County 0 - 0 Dundee 04-04-2006 - (1 Yellow) (0 Red)

Queen of Sth 3 - 2 St Johnstone 15-04-2006 - (8 Yellow) (1 Red)

In his first season of 1999/2000 in the top graded (as recorded) he refereed 17 Games, issued 69 Yellow Cards and 10 Red Cards. :shock::shock::shock:

Saints are competitive but are not exactly a dirty team.

These kind of people can spoil a game of football win, lose or draw.

Chopper could never be that bad. :wink:

Sheerin's finish for the second goal was good!

The curse of the manager of the month continues. All else has been said already.

To be honest I'm blaming the curse of dunblanemike. Did you take someone to the match? I'm sure you said that's been the cue for a defeat in the past. It's all your fault!

Sheerin's finish for the second goal was good!.

Totally agree. A lovely little flick with the left foot onto the right. Sort of goal Paul Wright would have scored!

From the few online clips, I wasnt impressed with James though.Took the goal well admitedly but thought his actions at the sending off were not appropriate for a club captain. He was also left standing, ball watching for the second goal and for the third I thought he had ample time to do something safer other than send a long, high looping header goalwards.

To be honest I'm blaming the curse of dunblanemike. Did you take someone to the match? I'm sure you said that's been the cue for a defeat in the past. It's all your fault!

Yes, guilty as charged. Last pal I dragged along we did manage a draw! I'm expecting a letter in the post on Tuesday banning me from McD. :-)

However, brother-in-law did enjoy the game but also said that, as a neutral, some of the fans got a tab over-excited as the suggested 'bias' by the referee! Disagreed with him of course!

Agree with Dev: this as a great game to watch and a draw would probably have been just about the right score - although with 11 men we could have shaded it - who knows?

All credit to Queens, they were up for it and competed for everything - particularly at the back where Savo, Jason and Sheerin were frequently crowded out by their defence.

Credit due to James for the way he came across to the Saints fans at the end and held his hands up. Credit also to the travelling support who really got behind the lads and didn't deserve to see their team lose.

All in all - with St Mirren winning, not all that bad a result for us (hard to bear as it was at the time) as I much prefer going to Dumfries than Stranraer!

Let's hope the fans are rewarded with a party spoiling performance at Paisly in two weeks time!

the un-named journo in the sunday herald wrote this in his piece:

".... the game then entered a farcical phase as Frickleton seemed to lose control." Not control he lost, more like all sense of decency and common sense. But then, I'm biased. Would be interesting to know what the QoS fans thought of him.

From the few online clips, I wasnt impressed with James though.Took the goal well admitedly but thought his actions at the sending off were not appropriate for a club captain. He was also left standing, ball watching for the second goal and for the third I thought he had ample time to do something safer other than send a long, high looping header goalwards.

The Sunday Times have James as their "Star Man"! Are they taking the piss or what?

For all the masochists out there, the highlights are on the archive now - not that Scotsport gave us decent coverage of the play in the 2nd half or the penalty we should have had when James was bundled over.

cheers for that again - has to be some of the poorest coverage ever - showed the goals and that was it!

one question - why was james so far up the park?you would have expected a midfield/forward to be up there for that goal! did it come from a corner or something? the highlights dont show much at all!

i could nt believe the number of bookings that were handed out - out of our team there were only 2 people that never got booked/sent off - thats crazy

i could nt believe the number of bookings that were handed out - out of our team there were only 2 people that never got booked/sent off - thats crazy

Glennon, Stevenson, Milne, Scotland and Henry were not booked. In the end we had one straight red and seven bookings, five for dissent.