Aberdeen

The Mystery Man

So Aberdeen lost again today (ageanst a 10 man Hearts team Kingston got sent off) which brings them up to 6 games without a win 8 games if you count the 2 cup games ageanst Raith.

Last 8 scores in order from today.

1. Leage Hearts (L) 1-0

2. Leage Falkirk (L) 3-1

3. Cup Replay Raith (L) 1-0

4. Leage Celtic (D) 4-4

5. Leage Hibs (D) 2-2

6. Cup Raith (D) 1-1

7. Leage Falkirk (L) 1-0

8. Leage Motherwell (L) 3-0.

Do you think Aberdeen's time is up in the SPL? or do you think Falkirk,Hamilton or Killie will go down?

There is something seriously amiss at Aberdeen.

It's deeper than sacking the current manager.

Someone needs to get a hold of that club and give it a right good shake to get rid of the malaise that's dragging it down.

Callum Melville or whoever needs to come in and sort them out from top to bottom.

All is not well in the granite city.

The Fans Base are part of the problem. They have very unrealistic expectations. The certainly should not be fighting against relegation but I dont think that they should be guaranteed a high placed finish any longer. Calderwood got sacked for a 4th place finish, what kind of message does that send out??

Hibs, Dundee Utd and Hearts as as big as them and if you look at total points over the period when dominance of the Old Firm really began again (1988?) I am sure that they will all be round about the same.

They have been chipping away at their debt slowly over the last few years and are now paying the price of spending beyond their means in the 90s.

I think their fans need to get more of a grip on reality. They're not the force they once were and are never likely to be again. Their attitude is similar to the Old Firm's "we have a god-given right to win every game", except their's is more "we have a god given right to be in the top 4 every season". There are 4 clubs Scottish clubs bigger than them, so why should they think they should be right up there?

Apparently they have a good few youngsters coming through (and having watched Pawlett tear us apart up there I can believe it) but the fans constantly booing, moaning and asking for the manager's head isn't going to be doing their confidence or careers any good.

The Fans Base are part of the problem. They have very unrealistic expectations. The certainly should not be fighting against relegation but I dont think that they should be guaranteed a high placed finish any longer. Calderwood got sacked for a 4th place finish, what kind of message does that send out??

Hibs, Dundee Utd and Hearts as as big as them and if you look at total points over the period when dominance of the Old Firm really began again (1988?) I am sure that they will all be round about the same.

I think the difference with Hibs, Arabs and Jambos is like every other team in the SPL (apart from the OF and sheep) they've experienced relegation and a battle to get out of Div 1 so they know they're not invincible. Dons fans though are still living on past glories and the "we'll always be safe" mentality.

They've not invested well in players and made a mistake in getting rid of Calderwood (personally I think McGhee is overrated).

I think their fans need to get more of a grip on reality. They're not the force they once were and are never likely to be again.

Not just their fans the media still think that the Dons are still something. ESPN had them against Hearts as a live game. Maybe ten years ago that might have been a reasonable choice but not nowadays. Our game yesterday looked better for neutrals than that rubbish as both us and Hibs are better than the pair of them.