New Family Section Created

SaintDougie

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a start to what end? I don't see what Saints are trying to achieve here. I don't know why anyone would be encouraged to attend a Saints game with their family just because we've allocated a specific section of the stadium for families to sit in. I also am not convinced regular attending families are going to move from where they sit now to this section just because it's a family section either.

I thought the whole point of a family stand or section was lower prices or better deals on admission for families. I didn't see anything about that written in the article? Perhaps they're not allowed to charge less for sections of the same stand but they could offer discounted rates for second, third, fourth offspring? Not sure if they already do, not having kids myself.

This end of the stadium is always the least full part of the stadium, surely if families wanted to escape the busy and more boisterous areas of the stand, they would've chosen to sit there of their own accord anyway? I just find the whole concept strange and a bit pointless. I really don't see what they think this will bring to McDiarmid Park on a matchday. Is it the entire red section surrounding the end exit, or just the small section of seats immediately at the end of the stand?

I agree.

We've got a right bunch of moany bastards on here!

So what is it you think Saints are trying to achieve? I'm not a 'moany b******' as you so eloquently put it. I genuinely don't see the point. I am open to some constructive suggestions. "We've got a right bunch of moany bastards on here" doesn't fall into that category though.

Edited by SaintSam1884

So what is it you think Saints are trying to achieve? I'm not a 'moany b******' as you so eloquently put it. I genuinely don't see the point. I am open to someone constructive suggestions. "We've got a right bunch of moany bastards on here" doesn't fall into that category though.

I know of many parents who don't allow their child to go to the football by themselves but don't want to accompany their child to the football. I also know they are more likely to go to the football with their child if there was a family section.

There has obviously been a demand for this or Saints wouldn't be pushing the idea through. Maybe through feedback from the season ticket questionnaire thing!

Yes I think you are moany, this is a good idea and you are just trying to find fault in it because you don't want to move from your precious little seat.

So what is it you think Saints are trying to achieve? I'm not a 'moany b******' as you so eloquently put it. I genuinely don't see the point. I am open to some constructive suggestions. "We've got a right bunch of moany bastards on here" doesn't fall into that category though.

Some folk won't take kids to matches because of swearing or general bad behaviour.

I suspect the club will be looking at season ticketprices for the season after next and offering a adult and child season ticket for that area instead of the whole East stand like they do at the moment. As someone said this gives the Club the opportunity to look at bringing in groups of kids form schools etc and knowing that they will be in a safe family friendly environment.

The cynic in me also thinks that it is a way of resolving the problem with the visiting disabled fans.

I know of many parents who don't allow their child to go to the football by themselves but don't want to accompany their child to the football. I also know they are more likely to go to the football with their child if there was a family section.

Only 1 place for this then, it has to be the ORMOND STAND......:cool:

There has obviously been a demand for this or Saints wouldn't be pushing the idea through. Maybe through feedback from the season ticket questionnaire thing!

Yes I think you are moany, this is a good idea and you are just trying to find fault in it because you don't want to move from your precious little seat.

you clearly do not sit in this section then do you!! we have sat there for the last 2 seasons and it was begging to get a bit of an atmosphere but as long as the familys are happy **** everyone else

Some folk won't take kids to matches because of swearing or general bad behaviour.

I suspect the club will be looking at season ticketprices for the season after next and offering a adult and child season ticket for that area instead of the whole East stand like they do at the moment. As someone said this gives the Club the opportunity to look at bringing in groups of kids form schools etc and knowing that they will be in a safe family friendly environment.

The cynic in me also thinks that it is a way of resolving the problem with the visiting disabled fans.

that would then mean that adults that take there children would be forced to sit in that end section. so for instance if a parent had taken there child for say 5 years and sat in the same seat every match they would be forced to move to get the parent child season ticket

As someone has already pointed out the Ormond stand can't not be used while we are in the SPL because then those families will have to be moved to either the Main or East stand when we play the Old Firm or Dundee United.

then so be it......that is only 3 teams out of 11 so the other 8 games should be ok...

So you believe (or you know?) that people will be encouraged to go to Saints games when they haven't done so before just because there is a section of the ground specifically allocated to them, but not at a discounted price? I think that's an incredibly naive belief. It's the price of attending football games as a family, and unfortunately now for many people without families, that are keeping crowds low.

Saints are stuck between a rock and a hard place on that front perhaps, but all this is going to do is to serve to annoy existing fans with, in my view, very little in the way of gaining new ones. In reference to your incredibly childish but utterly predictable comment about my 'precious little seat', I choose to sit there year after year like any other season ticket holder chooses to sit in any other seat. I reserve the right to be a little put out by having to move from where I like to sit and not be called a moany b****** by you.

So you believe (or you know?) that people will be encouraged to go to Saints games when they haven't done so before just because there is a section of the ground specifically allocated to them, but not at a discounted price? I think that's an incredibly naive belief. It's the price of attending football games as a family, and unfortunately now for many people without families, that are keeping crowds low.

Saints are stuck between a rock and a hard place on that front perhaps, but all this is going to do is to serve to annoy existing fans with, in my view, very little in the way of gaining new ones. In reference to your incredibly childish but utterly predictable comment about my 'precious little seat', I choose to sit there year after year like any other season ticket holder chooses to sit in any other seat. I reserve the right to be a little put out by having to move from where I like to sit and not be called a moany b****** by you.

I specifically know people who will not allow their child to go to saints games on their own. I know of parents who would love a family section so they could allow their child to attend games every week. Yes football is expensive but I didn't see anything in that article about prices. I imagine Saints will be trying to push for more tickets to school children for that area and an accompanying adult will have to pay to go with them. Good idea if you ask me.

You do not own that seat! Saints can do whatever they like with it. I think it's more childish that you are complaining about moving. It's an attitude I'd expect a five year old to have.

Absolute waste of time this move. Many people will have sat in these seats for a long time and now they will have to move due to some idea that will fall flat on it's face. Are the club looking to piss off fans who go at the expense of a ridiculous idea to get more people into the ground?

Edited by MUZZ

The section is already pretty good for families to sit in if they want to avoid swearing and general bad behaviour. I don't see any reason for Saints to restrict it to just families and make existing season ticket holders move. Obviously I am more moved by this than I maybe otherwise would be but - Holier than Thou fan apart - I would defy most other Saints fans not to be a little put out under the same circumstances.

The realist in me thinks it's only about resolving the problem with the visiting disabled fans. :wink:

I'm a touch worried for the groups of people who currently sit in that area

not being able to sit next to each other next season now too. It could actually make

some think twice before renewing their season ticket. I really don't undetstand the rationale behind this to be honest. It would've been far less disruptive to have had this section in the Ormond end of the Main stand. Of course though, we don't won't the prawn sandwich brigade being affected by any noise the kids might make.

I'm a touch worried for the groups of people who currently sit in that area

not being able to sit next to each other next season now too. It could actually make

some think twice before renewing their season ticket. I really don't undetstand the rationale behind this to be honest. It would've been far less disruptive to have had this section in the Ormond end of the Main stand. Of course though, we don't won't the prawn sandwich brigade being affected by any noise the kids might make.

What's wrong with moving the mongo army for the families? :laugh:

I specifically know people who will not allow their child to go to saints games on their own. I know of parents who would love a family section so they could allow their child to attend games every week.

That is why IMO the Ormond Stand is ideal.

the kids can throw crisps, spill juice kick the back of chairs all they want and wont be annoying other fans who are there to enjoy the game,(yes this does happen) as they will all be together making new pals and hopfully they will go to games together as they get older.....