New Family Section Created

SaintDougie

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is crap. That means me and my homie will have to move. Why not open up some of the Mainstand for this? It's hardly busy and there's quite a few season ticket holders in that area getting shifted. Even worse, it will likely be under used.

I wonder if this is the solution to the disabled section? Make it a family only bit

That was what I read in it as well.

All they need to do is invest in some concrete and make one in the away end or at the other end of the main stand.

With 4 adults getting in with one child there is still room for trouble.

They have not said how big they intend to make this, but I am assuming it will involve the area currently used by the disabled, so will that mean we are no longer able to use that area as neither of us are under 16?

How will they control who sits there? Can't imagine the stewards being up to it on their performances so far.

They have not said how big they intend to make this, but I am assuming it will involve the area currently used by the disabled, so will that mean we are no longer able to use that area as neither of us are under 16?

How will they control who sits there? Can't imagine the stewards being up to it on their performances so far.

If they wanted to creat a family section the Ormond Stand is the place for it.......

Bit annoying to be honest. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the reasoning behind this is to prevent Saints having to spend money putting in appropriate disabled facilities in the away sections of the ground, the thinking being that a family section is less likely to cause aggro with visiting disabled fans and their carers. I haven't received any letter inviting me to move my season ticket to another section.

I can understand SJFC wanting to minimise the cost/impact of a family section and at the moment we simply do have enough Saints fans attending games to justify opening the Ormond stand.

Whether this is a ploy to get around the difficulties regarding the difficulties with the disabled away supporters and their carers is another matter, we shall wait and see.

I also don't think it is merely a matter of adding some concrete to the away fans stands and hey presto, problem solved. I would imagine planning permission, safety certificates etc etc would be required. All of which cost money and are probably much more expensive than perceived. I would imagine Geoff would have quite a good understanding of what's requuired given his trade and success in this industry.

The club could be in for a bit of grief over this methinks. I would think that the stewards will have a few headaches restricting access to this area.

Remember folks, if you need a leak or a coffee, take a kid with you. Sound a bit pervy, but it might come to that:roll:

You want more familys ? Make it cheaper. Make it affordable for familys to go. Stop fleecing fans for pies, crisps and drinks. How much is a mars bar ffs. People are being ripped off, simple.

People will come with there kids, when they can afford too, not because they have there own section.

Well said, I wish Saints would take notice. This idea is a waste of time.

This reeks of a kop-out for the current situation with away disabled supporters.

Want a family section? Open the f*cking Ormond Stand! Concentrate the support to the middle of the stand so everyone is together, will help to create a bit of an atmosphere in there. Parent/Child prices significantly reduced for this stand only and they will keep coming back.

if u want to know, after vat a box of 48 mars bars from britains largest cash and carry chain is £16.44 that works out at 34p each, fine the club makes a profit but at whos expense. Its the same right across the board.

I may be incorrect here (but don't think I am) - Saints actually don't make a profit from the sale of a Mars bar to you, the company that operate the franchise do. I believe from previous posts on this forum that Saints receive a fixed fee from the operators of the kiosk's.

This reeks of a kop-out for the current situation with away disabled supporters.

Want a family section? Open the f*cking Ormond Stand! Concentrate the support to the middle of the stand so everyone is together, will help to create a bit of an atmosphere in there. Parent/Child prices significantly reduced for this stand only and they will keep coming back.

There wont be enough interest to warrant the costs of the stewarding. Also, what happens when the Old Firm come to town? Do you want the families to move, or back to the situation as previous when East Stand supporters had to move over to the Main?

By putting it in at the south end of the East stand, it makes perfect sense and causes the least amount of fuss - unless you sit down that end, in which case you may wish to move up one section of the stand closer to the half way line.

I may be incorrect here (but don't think I am) - Saints actually don't make a profit from the sale of a Mars bar to you, the company that operate the franchise do. I believe from previous posts on this forum that Saints receive a fixed fee from the operators of the kiosk's.
You are correct, no profit made by saints other than the contractual payment.

Back to the poster though, yeah he's right we need to make it cheaper for families, they are tomorrows fan. I have spouted off about this before, as a season ticket holder I am happy with the extra £40 a year for my childs season ticket. However, I wasnt too pleased having to pay £10 for a six year old for the two cups games and think the pricing structure for a parent and child cash admission needs serious review (or even a family ticket or something).

We are one of the more expensive clubs in the league in this aspect.

I ken we have had the discussion about pricing etc, probably to death but i see no point in this idea until something is done where familys get in cheaper, then use the ormond stand to push it. No point having lame duck ideas when not sorting the whole issue.

Old firm come to town and ur kids are closer to there fans to hear the bile that comes from them, sort that then it may get closer to family friendly.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if the reasoning behind this is to prevent Saints having to spend money putting in appropriate disabled facilities in the away sections of the ground, the thinking being that a family section is less likely to cause aggro with visiting disabled fans and their carers.

i agree ,my thoughts as well.

Which like the Muirton Supporters Club -wont be enough.......so expect Arnold Clark to have cars parked in the Kiosks from next season.