Sam Parkin

ancientsaint

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just making the point that all I did was express an opinion and I was immediately accused of bring on his back.

You are! You're comment is unhelpful for both player and club. The point at stake is, you might be correct that he's no good.

I was critcial of signing that wee fud from Bolton and I was correct, same with many other McInnes signings. There is nothing wrong with being right about a player. But you are on his back. Anyhow, so long as you mostly support him in games, it's fine.

Of course your entitled to your opinion, but don't expect me not to shoot it down if I don't agree with it. My knowledge of the English lower leagues is reasonable and I've seen enough of Parkin to think he could be an excellent player for us. You've perhaps seen him more recently? Otherwise I think you're being negative for the sake of being negative. I notice you didn't (couldn't?) come up with a reasonable alternative.

Saints have nothing to be embarrassed about regarding this signing IMO. He's got a good pedigree, has obviously shown up well when training with the squad and I don't imagine he'll be too expensive a gamble, if you can even call it that!

Why should I be shot down in the usual ott manner? Whats wrong with just disagreeing amd debating? Thats what a forums for.

Never understood the need to put forward another name to sign when you disagree with someone. What good does that do?

Have you seen him live to help you make up your opinion? It appears based on the pre injury Parkin and perhaps snippets on review programmes.

I saw him for Luton in his post injury days and a workmate is a Walsall supporter. I'd say his opinion is the most valid and it's not good. Some at Walsall saw him as badly treated but most think he's a donkey I'm afraid.

I suspect we've signed the new Andy Brannigan!

ETA...why am I being negative for the sake of being negative?

Edited by BlueJ

You didn't think you were insulting?

You're right. Comparing someone to Andy B was a bit off.

I'm sure if Sam reads it he won't be losing any sleep over it. I think you're being a bit sensitive with this.

If Parkin proves me wrong then I shall be absolutely delighted.

I'm sure if Sam reads it he won't be losing any sleep over it. I think you're being a bit sensitive with this.

I am not in any way being sensitive. I have never seen the guy play. he may not be good enough or he may do a great job. I was just interested in what evidence you have and your thought process in your choice of words.

If he's as good as Andy B,he won't be any worse than Deuchs,so no harm done!:)

I am not in any way being sensitive. I have never seen the guy play. he may not be good enough or he may do a great job. I was just interested in what evidence you have and your thought process in your choice of words.

All based on a little first hand knowledge, good second hand knowledge, our aim of getting into the top 6 and a dry sense of humour.

I like the thought that Parkin and Dobbie will give us a bit of height. Id like to see Parkin and Peaso. What im most impressed with is that outwith Danny Lennon signing the cowdenbeath team Del seems to be the only one of the lower half teams buying players

We are not buying players .We are replacing them. Four out Three in. Still to sign a goalie.

"poofy"?

Note to mods "homophobia will not be tolerated on this forum".

The word used was a good descriptor for him.

Start that nonsense an your forum will be doon the toilet.

Something for you to attend to. Watch oot there's nae Falkirk ball attendants before you go in though. :laugh:

The word used was a good descriptor for him.

Start that nonsense an your forum will be doon the toilet.

Something for you to attend to. Watch oot there's nae Falkirk ball attendants before you go in though. :laugh:

I was merely quoting the forum rules.

Lets quit the nasty name calling & untruths and get behind the team. I love Saints & hope Parkin does a great job for us. Sheridan whilst on loan with us delivered quite a few important goals & I was very happy with that.

I hate all the negative petty rubbish & hope we can support all the guys who pull on the Saints top.

My mate describes this parochial, narrow minded rubbish as being "so Perth".

And lets not pull down the City Hall.....

I was merely quoting the forum rules.

Lets quit the nasty name calling & untruths and get behind the team. I love Saints & hope Parkin does a great job for us. Sheridan whilst on loan with us delivered quite a few important goals & I was very happy with that.

I hate all the negative petty rubbish & hope we can support all the guys who pull on the Saints top.

My mate describes this parochial, narrow minded rubbish as being "so Perth".

And lets not pull down the City Hall.....

I do agree. I'll never forget Sheridan's goal against the ibrox mob.He probably couldn't repeat it though!

Perth isn't alone in being parochial.

Scotland is the world leader in that field.

And, yes, some of us on here take ourselves far too seriously. You'd never know we were on the same side. :laugh: