• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U/19s drew 1-1 with celtic......

at least 10 bookings

2 sent off (for celtic)

2 pens , 1 scored for us ,1 missed by them

5th min injury time equaliser for celtic :sad:

ghostie, the game was safe till you appeared, :wink::laugh:

I take it he upset the ref. Couldn`t be as bad as tonights ref though.

REPORT FROM CELTIC WEBSITE NOT BITTER IN THE LEAST ABOUT OUR PITCH.

ST JOHNSTONE 1

CELTIC 1

(Keatings 89)

JAMES Keatings scored a last-minute equaliser for the Celtic Under-19s this afternoon (Tuesday) to earn his side a 1-1 draw with St Johnstone.

It was a difficult playing surface and things were made tougher for the Hoops when they were reduced to nine men, having a player dismissed in each half.

The 89th-minute strike salvaged a point for Tommy McIntyre and Stevie Frail’s Bhoys, though, as they closed the gap on league leaders Rangers to three points, while still having a game in hand.

St Johnstone took the lead just after the half-hour mark from the penalty spot. And Celtic were handed a further set-back five minutes later when Stephen O’Donnell was sent off for apparently stopping a goalscoring opportunity 45-yards out.

Celtic went into the break one goal and one man down, and Tony Watt was brought on at the expense of Liam Gormley. And the striker made an immediate impact, winning the Hoops a penalty early in the second-half.

Fortunes were not going in Celtic’s favour, though, as Callum McGregor put the ball wide of target.

Watt was involved in play again minutes later, but this time he was punished for dissent and the referee produced another red card.

Celtic continued to keep battling, though, despite the clock nearing full-time. Keatings replaced Patrik Twardzik with five minutes remaining and the prolific striker popped up in the dying seconds with his 15th league goal of the season.

Collecting a cross into the box, Keatings duly slotted it past the St Johnstone keeper, netting his sixth goal in five games.

Despite the draw, McIntyre was delighted at his side’s spirit and determination.

“The pitch was very cut up and extremely difficult to play on,” he said, speaking exclusively to the Celtic website. “The conditions stopped us getting the ball forward and we were forced to play in a way which is very much against our philosophy of playing football.

“However, in saying that, the boys showed tremendous character to come from behind, on that pitch and with only nine men, to earn a draw.

“The next match against Dundee United on Saturday can’t come quick enough for us, so we can put this one behind us."

CELTIC: (4-3-3) Thomson; O’Donnell, Toshney, Hughes, Brennan; Bagshaw, F Twardzik, Irvine; Gormley (Watt 45), P Twardzik (Keatings 85), McGregor (Atajic 70

Probably the poorest and least accurate write up I have seen.

Who do they think they are kidding writing such drivel? The pitch - which wasn't that bad was the same for both sides, Saints also like to get the ball on the ground, Saints keeper Duffy saved the penalty, they got players sent off for their own fault and nobody elses etc etc...

I though United U19's excuse for getting humped last week was bad enough (playing a VERY young side - no younger than the Saints players btw) but this takes the biscuit.

Even at this age group the Celtic philosophy of the world is against them is alive and well. What cr*p! What's the point of putting rubbish like that on their www?

Rant over.

89th minute??????

Try 95th minute, and thats no exaggeration. It was the final kick of the match, and they celebrated like they had just won the title.

Sure the pitch was tight and surface poor, but its Scotland, its Feb, and its better than the McDairmid at the moment.

Its no co incidence that our teams best results have been on the road on " better" pitches than Kinnoul ( we havent won there all season), so in essence Saints dont like the pitch either.

The superstars turned up in their large luxury Parks of Hamilton coach, while our boys had to make do with the Sidey Van special, but basically our lads just rolled up the sleeves and competed for every ball.

I think the bookng count 6 and 2 off for them versus 2 for us tells you what you need to know about who was trying to play football.

Im sick of reading the opponents web reports on the games when we have had a result against them. It would appear that Dr Goebbels is alive and well and still writing propoganda against us.

Take a bow lads, best performance of the season

A little footnote from the game yesterday....

When we were awarded our penalty yesterday, Cads had the ball in his hands while the ref was booking their player and their goalie was right in Cads face telling him quite loudly " I know what corner you put them in wee man, I have seen your videos. If you want to change your mind, then thats up to you etc etc"

Basically trying to put him off by putting doubt in his mind, but not very sporting nonetheless.

The bold caddis steps up and lashes it as hard as he can right down the middle, nice and high. Keeper nowhere as he dives to the right.

Cue Rickky, shouting at the keeper " Aye keeper, Cads has seen your f#####ng videos tae!!!!:laugh:

And another thing. Any chance of getting decent coverage of the youth teams on the OS? Obvioulsy the set up is working and it would be good to let the fans be aware of the talent coming through and their progress.

Current coverage is poor to say the least.

Thats a faIr point, they never really team you anything, and there is only the little bit it the programme, if its still there.

I think theres a fair bit of promise in this team, living in Edinburgh, I dont get to see the games , but what are peoples thoughts on the team, will the likes of Duffy and his defence step up, like Caddis, May and hopefully Reynolds soon.

Any chance of getting decent coverage of the youth teams on the OS? Current coverage is poor to say the least.

Could be wrong but I think there was something on the official site a few months ago asking if anyone would like to volunteer to provide coverage of the youth sides. Obviously no take up on it. He probably won't appreciate me suggesting him but I think 101 Saint would do a decent job on that front.

There was a page in the programme last night about the United match on Friday past, with quotes from Alec Cleland, mention of scorers etc...

And another thing. Any chance of getting decent coverage of the youth teams on the OS? Obvioulsy the set up is working and it would be good to let the fans be aware of the talent coming through and their progress.

Current coverage is poor to say the least.

Write/email/phone the club and ask them if they can improve their coverage.

Write/email/phone the club and ask them if they can improve their coverage.

According to my mole in the clob JO we have good players coming through,19s level there is Cadds, Ricky, Vinny and the 2 Stevies, at 16s level according to my source Kiffy and Mark Shaw, look good whilst at 14s some local perth boys are the pick of the bunch

Today's game seems to have been cancelled for some reason - went up to watch it and found a couple of others waiting with no game to watch!

Jamie

I came out of a meeting in Falkirk at quarter to twelve to head up but phoned and checked first to be told the game was off due to the pitch being unplayable.

Jamie

I came out of a meeting in Falkirk at quarter to twelve to head up but phoned and checked first to be told the game was off due to the pitch being unplayable.

Hate to say it, but they advertised this game on the OS so why the feck could they not announce it was off, especially on such a beautiful day?:mad: