Saints v Distillery

bankfoot saint

Caddis is a very promising player who can play as a right winger, right midfieler or central midfielder. He covered at right bcak last year but would be severly caught out in the big boys at right back; though he tackles well enough.

Savo is proven in the SPL. Whether Del is gonna keep him is another story and may be determined by the lack of cash in SFL1.

Trialist goalie is unlikely to be much kop....

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Caddis is a very promising player who can play as a right winger, right midfieler or central midfielder. He covered at right bcak last year but would be severly caught out in the big boys at right back; though he tackles well enough.

Savo is proven in the SPL. Whether Del is gonna keep him is another story and may be determined by the lack of cash in SFL1.

Reckon he'll get some game time this season?

Was at the game trilist didn't have much to do but when called soon looked solid made a good block at the end. Saints strolled the game really but didn't have much invention Cleveland was my man of the match good crossing and trickery Sam Parkin came on for 15 mins but looked good savo looked sluggish but gave 100% jacko looked quite sharp aswell and was n the end of some hard tackles

Reckon he'll get some game time this season?

He seems in very good form and is clearly the best of the rest behind the two Stevies. Reynolds is at Ayr and we have real good strikers who Mayzo will d o well to dislodge, despite being a first pick for the bench. I suspect that given Jody's injury and Cleve's lack of pace and effort, we might see Cads as a subbie in some of the early games (assuming Jody is absent/tires). If Muzz, Jody, Midge, Cleve and Moon are all fit he might struggle. I hope Del doesn't try to play him on the left wing.

Was at the game trilist didn't have much to do but when called soon looked solid made a good block at the end. Saints strolled the game really but didn't have much invention Cleveland was my man of the match good crossing and trickery Sam Parkin came on for 15 mins but looked good savo looked sluggish but gave 100% jacko looked quite sharp aswell and was n the end of some hard tackles

Cheers Fernie. Appreciate you taking the time to post some details on here.

Sorry were you at the game, or can you just see into Ireland.

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

Lets not start this again..:laugh:

Maybe I was hoping for too much, but that was a really poor game of football. I know it's all about getting some match fitness but it was a dull game with very few chances and I didn't really feel that I had learned much about the new signings. We certainly didn't learn much about the trialist keeper - I can only recall one shot on our goal and it looked to be a smart stop. I'm hoping for more against Dungannon on Thursday.

Our goal came from a handball in the six yard box by one of their defenders and Liam Craig knocked it home comfortably.

The local ref really failed to deal with some industrial tackling from the Distillery players; Grainger in particular took a sore one right in front of the Saints fans.

Highlights for me were Cleveland Taylor's smashed shot off the post in the first half and the banter in the stand. It was a decent Saints following there, we looked to have out-numbered the locals.

Well your coment on the goalie seems to be based on a random thought in your imagination, since you obviously weren't there since you have been on here all night.

I haven't "been here" all night, I've just returned having been out for fun times.

My comment on the goalie bears no relation or relevance to tonight's performance. It stems from Saturday's information and my own suspicions.

I haven't "been here" all night, I've just returned having been out for fun times.

My comment on the goalie bears no relation or relevance to tonight's performance. It stems from Saturday's information and my own suspicions.

In other words you dont have a clue and merely want to give the impression that you know what you are talking about.

It was hard to make a judgement on the keeper based on tonight but he did look solid although when I was speaking to Tony docherty today said there is a few they are realistically looking at I mentioned nicky weaver and he said he was one of the people on the list

It was hard to make a judgement on the keeper based on tonight but he did look solid although when I was speaking to Tony docherty today said there is a few they are realistically looking at I mentioned nicky weaver and he said he was one of the people on the list

Did you find Tony a little patronising? Not in a nasty way, just in that he tries to put an overtly positive spin on everything!

Did you find Tony a little patronising? Not in a nasty way, just in that he tries to put an overtly positive spin on everything!

And you don't?? Ya wee shite, get off here and get back to trying to pull the lassies!!

I checked up your claim about porking one of the girls at McD and she says it was nothing like you claimed. Why don't yo just wake up and get a life instead of releasing all your pent up religious frustration on us poor sods

And you don't?? Ya wee shite, get off here and get back to trying to pull the lassies!!

I checked up your claim about porking one of the girls at McD and she says it was nothing like you claimed. Why don't yo just wake up and get a life instead of releasing all your pent up religious frustration on us poor sods

Not like you to talk bollocks, but I have never claimed to have porked anyone who works at McDiarmid. I quite fancy one of the ladies in the ticket office but I couldn't possibly name her....

Whats this pish about about Savo. He is good enough to be in the SPL with us and I hope he makes the starting X1 most weeks. If he can stay fit he will be a good option for us and one of our best strikers and offers something a wee bit different.

Our "strikeforce" of Savo and Jacko were pretty poor tonight. Although you could put it down to being at an early stage of preparations, neither of them looked particularly sharp. They couldn't hold the ball up, they misplaced umpteen pass attempts, were caught in possession and were out-paced all night by the two centre-backs for Distillery. Obviously you don't want to read too much into a pre-season match but their performances were very similar to their performances last season - not great.

I don't see either of them really contributing greatly this season and it may be beneficial to both parties if they manage to find a deal to play regularly at a lower level. It's a shame because I have always been a fan of Savo, he's been a good striker for us over the past few seasons. The problem is that I can't see him starting many games for us and he's never been much of an impact player off the bench. Time to look for something new I think.

Our "strikeforce" of Savo and Jacko were pretty poor tonight. Although you could put it down to being at an early stage of preparations, neither of them looked particularly sharp. They couldn't hold the ball up, they misplaced umpteen pass attempts, were caught in possession and were out-paced all night by the two centre-backs for Distillery. Obviously you don't want to read too much into a pre-season match but their performances were very similar to their performances last season - not great.

I don't see either of them really contributing greatly this season and it may be beneficial to both parties if they manage to find a deal to play regularly at a lower level. It's a shame because I have always been a fan of Savo, he's been a good striker for us over the past few seasons. The problem is that I can't see him starting many games for us and he's never been much of an impact player off the bench. Time to look for something new I think.

Jacko was awful on Saturday and he's a player I had very high hopes for. He won't fail due to a lack of talent.

And what exactly is wrong with trying to promote positivity..

Enough is enough. Get behind YOUR team, get behind YOUR players or better still.. just get tae fuk.. Every thread.. EVERY fukin thread is hijacked with your look at me shite..

How about just for a couple of weeks trying yer hardest not to be down on everything..

One day and I am pissed off already...:cry: