#05 - 11/09/10 - Saints 0-2 Motherwell - SPL

Disappointed with McInnes' radio interview as well. Perfect opportunity to make it clear that performance isn't acceptable.

Hopefully he made it quite clear in private....shocking performance.

He did, but to attack Mackay and Cads in the same breath as he did with Cleve is yet another sign of his utterluy dreadful man-management. Mackay was not match-fit and should not have started (as Jody at Ibrox, perhaps?), whilst Cads is only 16 and not yet ready for an SPL start. Nevertheless, Del singled the three of them out in his post-match rant. Nice bloke, crap manager - time to go.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having spoken to one of the lads tonight, can assure you it was made very clear in private, Taylor and Mckay in particular got a roasting and rightly so, but agree that it's disappointing that Del isn't big enough to say publicly that the way we're playing isn't on.

why the feck would he give McKay a roasting.. It was McInnes fault that MacKay played. Dave is not match fit. Only played 60 minutes of a game against Killie in the week. He should NOT have been in the starting 11. On the bench probably but NEVER on from the start..

This comment invalidates your posts credibility I am afraid...

Thankfully some kind gentleman gave me a ticket for todays game or my feelings about that trash we all witnessed would be much worse than they are. Taylor, Haber and Parkin do very little to inspire me whatsoever. Those signings have weakened what was a promising squad of players last season. Savo did more when he came on than those three put together.

Bad day all round - we were lacklustre, too casual and too many players were under-performing. Caddis was lost in the middle, Millar went right off the boil in the 2nd half and Haber and Parkin were crowded out too easily.

Mackay should never have started and Cleveland needs much better service and a sharper turn to produce anything.

Only vague plus points were Savos performance off the bench - showed more effort in 20 minutes than Sammy has in the last 2 games. And Smith actually had not a bad game considering the shambolic defence in front of him.

Keep the heid some of you. We had an equally bad start 2 years ago and won the league. Granted we won't do that this year but one of these matches wasn't at Ibrox. We'll improve starting next week against the Skunks ! Just wish the game was at Paisley as it's nearer ma hoose . :wink:

same question to you as cynical... Were you there today??

with a poultry crowd of 3200 very few were and there will be even fewer next week

why the feck would he give McKay a roasting.. It was McInnes fault that MacKay played. Dave is not match fit. Only played 60 minutes of a game against Killie in the week. He should NOT have been in the starting 11. On the bench probably but NEVER on from the start..

Because he clearly felt he didn't play well enough, which he didn't, if he wasn't match fit he shouldn't have been started, Del clearly thought he was up to it and has felt let down by the performance he was given. Del has roasted him based on his own opinion, evidently you wouldn't have done the same but unfortunately it's Del in the dug out.

I'm obviously not gonna defend Del, but I will play Devil's Advocate; when Jody is out and Gartland ain't starting, Del thinks we need Mackay to skipper the team. I agree with you, Ghoster, that he shouldn't have been there and I would have let Ando or Garts skipper the team. The biggest failing with Duberry is his failure to take charge of his backline. We were slightly unlucky today to have so many "leaders" out injured, but two of them were on the bench. Speaking of not being fit - Murray Davidson. I am often accused of disliking him, but watching him struggle today was horrible. Surely he should have been oeprated on in the close season? He's been gash all year and has never looked fully fit.

Of course not, I was in Edinburgh horrendously hungover. This result did not help my mood. Fact is Saints are always slow starters and always will be. Remember the title winning season?

well trust me then lad.. We were clueless, the tactics were crazy, we were lazy, the new signings and others were just crap. I have hardly missed a game for the last 5 years and that is one of the worst performances I have seen by a Saints side. My sweaty socks showed more passion when I took em off tonight than our guys did on the pitch today...

He did, but to attack Mackay and Cads in the same breath as he did with Cleve is yet another sign of his utterluy dreadful man-management. Mackay was not match-fit and should not have started (as Jody at Ibrox, perhaps?), whilst Cads is only 16 and not yet ready for an SPL start. Nevertheless, Del singled the three of them out in his post-match rant. Nice bloke, crap manager - time to go.

Couldn't agree more 101.

same question to you as cynical... Were you there today??

with a poultry crowd of 3200 very few were and there will be even fewer next week

Working today and tomorrow so the answers no as Perth's miles away so home games are away games. I know how you feel though. Used to travel through regularly when we were in the second years ago and the journey back after a 3 - 0 defeat from Stranraer was very long and miserable.