#05 - 11/09/10 - Saints 0-2 Motherwell - SPL

well trust me then lad.. We were clueless, the tactics were crazy, we were lazy, the new signings and others were just crap. I have hardly missed a game for the last 5 years and that is one of the worst performances I have seen by a Saints side. My sweaty socks showed more passion when I took em off tonight than our guys did on the pitch today...

Don't usually disagree with Ghostie, i've been to most games over the last 45 years ,and i've seen plenty worse performances than today,we were poor,it happens,'Well deserved the win,but they were not world beaters either,everyone has a bad day at the office!

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't usually disagree with Ghostie, i've been to most games over the last 40 years ,and i've seen plenty worse performances than today,we were poor,it happens,'Well deserved the win,but they were not world beaters either,everyone has a bad day at the office!

Agreed Dave, its only two weeks ago that we were praised for the way we played at Ibrox.

Probably our most inept performance since that semi defeat to the cb's last year.No fight,no width,second to every ball and no-one seemed to read what anybody was going to do with the ball which was disgraceful, cause it was a punt every time and mopped up by the 'Well defence.Two nil at half time,at least bring Jackson on to partner Haber and try and get back in the game.Haven't read the rest of the posts cause I'm depressed enough.I hope it was a blip or it will be a long hard season.

The fact that savo is getting praise sums up the Scottish football fan's love in with the headless chicken. Good player's are pish cos they dont work hard enough, Jason Scotland, but run about daft and hey you become a fan's favourite. No wonder the game is in such a mess in this country.
Well said that man

Craig Brown said our fans were a disgrace - i agree with him, our home support does embarrass me.
Being an overseas saintees I can only depend on the internet and the odd tv game plus this forum to gauge the performance of Saints week to week and it has been suggested here if we are even allowed an opinion. But as a poster mentioned everybody has a bad day at the office which is true but the worrying thing is the way the attendance goes down like a turd down the toilet.

I compared a few first division attendances which were higher than McDiarmid so where have all the saintees gone.

I understand the financial climate in Perth is not at its best with the Clachan and Spittal situation and probably a spillover effect affecting other firms causing the drop in attendance.

So to wind up this old saintees ramblings lets get behind the team get out too the games those who can and us who cant show our support through this forum.

Thank you John. W

where did he say this?

In McDiarmid!!

On a serious note, I don't know he if he was "off-record" when he said it or not. It was said to a journalist, I think from one of the Sunday papers, but I've also heard that he told Del the same thing. Del doesn't need told from Craig Brown, Owen told him that the crowd at McDiarmid are awful when he took the job.

How any supporter can be harsh on Cads, Muzz and Mackay is beyond me.

In McDiarmid!!

On a serious note, I don't know he if he was "off-record" when he said it or not. It was said to a journalist, I think from one of the Sunday papers, but I've also heard that he told Del the same thing. Del doesn't need told from Craig Brown, Owen told him that the crowd at McDiarmid are awful when he took the job.

How any supporter can be harsh on Cads, Muzz and Mackay is beyond me.

Brown can pretty much say what he likes - his team won...

I can imagine it "Don't you worry Derek. I know your bunch have just rolled over and cheated several thousand paying customers out of their cash with that inept embarrassing performance devoid of any sort of self respect, but remember, it's THEM who are the disgrace".

Erse. The team got exactly what they deserve, both from Motherwell and their own fans at full time. Like it or not, Saints have raised the bar for themselves over the past year and that show was by comparison, woeful. Get it sorted McInnes.

That was dreadful!

Another week where Del has completely stuffed up. The whole team looked apathetic, no fight, no hunger, no leadership.

How on earth he thought playing Caddis along side Davidson was a good idea I'll never know. Muzz simply hasn't been good enough. I don't know if it's due to injury- but his inability to do the basics of the game is painful to watch. He simply doesn't want the ball at times.

Parkin won very little all day, but did try hard. With Rusty and Doobz at the back it was going to be punts all day long, it didn't help we had no centre midfield.

We miss Morris big style. The presence of Moon last season hid that fact to an extent, but without him this season would be a lot tougher.

As for the policing and stewards- they were awful. Fun is obviously no longer allowed at a game. The young Motherwell lads were causing no harm at all. Simply trying to enjoy the game, but as usual it was spoiled by over zealous, idiots. Same goes for the lad that brought in a rattle. So what!? Leave the kid alone.

This game, along with the international weekend summed up why football in Scotland is struggling. No wonder fans are leaving in droves.

I'm away on holiday next weekend and the sad fact is I'm not bothered in the slightest I'm missing the game.

First game of the season for me gave up my season ticket this year wondered if I would get my old seat to my surprise none of the people who sat there had renewed there ticket either and yes I checked. Strange crowd for so early in the season.

Must admit I had been missing it but walking away after the game today and having paid 27 quid to get in for me and the young un I now know why I didn't. That was dreadful there was more entertainment in the crowd than on the pitch.

Scottish football really has to take a long hard look at its self. Ive seen better passing Junior sides than saints today it was if they had never met before. The whole midfield clueless Midge who according to reports has been one of the better performers was absolutely rubbish I can remember him making a forward pass and when he went back the way Doobs and Rusty just hoofed it up the park to Parkin who frankly if hes meant to be a target man I didnt see win a decent header. Haber ran about a lot but did nothing productive. Hopefully the two of them will watch the video and pick up some tips from the Motherwell front two in how to create space.

The midfield was changed not long after kickoff as Cadis clearly wasnt coping in the middle and Davidson definitely needs someone to hold his hand. Back four were not much better although I would give grainger pass marks simply for the task he was given with a very good Motherwell wide player and getting little or no help from Taylor untill late in the second half,

Saints are really one paced and the movement off the ball is non existent. people before this game said if we kept it on the deck we may have got something today. well im sorry but with the lack of movement we would have been slaughtered as there was never an outlet for anyone on the ball.

Rant over and yes I will be back I didn't boo but can understand why people did if you at least put the fight and effort in then a bad day can be accepted. But really entertainment I think not I could buy a tens machine and electrocute myself for hours and be more entertained

I'm not claiming to understand my fellow forumers, but I will pose a question to some of you. If you accept that a lot of players had a bad day (as at Ibrox last year and the first 45 at Fir Park), why is the manager getting so much abuse?

I fully agree that his team was crap, but I don't believe that I could have fielded a team that would have beaten Motherwell. Do you?

I'm not claiming to understand my fellow forumers, but I will pose a question to some of you. If you accept that a lot of players had a bad day (as at Ibrox last year and the first 45 at Fir Park), why is the manager getting so much abuse?

I fully agree that his team was crap, but I don't believe that I could have fielded a team that would have beaten Motherwell. Do you?

Absolutely I do.

I would have had maybury at full back with Anderson in place of rusty. Up top I'd have had Jackson and Haber. In midfield Id have played millar and Davidson plus two midfielders I'd signed instead of Parkin and Taylor.

Let's be honest, Jamie Adams should have been recalled weeks ago. If we were really struggling yesterday he could have put maybury left back, grainger left mid and Taylor on the right with millar and Davidson middle.

Motherwell were not good yesterday. Worst Saints performance in years and they managed 3 chances? How many balls booted out the park?

Absolutely I do.

I would have had maybury at full back with Anderson in place of rusty. Up top I'd have had Jackson and Haber. In midfield Id have played millar and Davidson plus two midfielders I'd signed instead of Parkin and Taylor.

Let's be honest, Jamie Adams should have been recalled weeks ago. If we were really struggling yesterday he could have put maybury left back, grainger left mid and Taylor on the right with millar and Davidson middle.

Motherwell were not good yesterday. Worst Saints performance in years and they managed 3 chances? How many balls booted out the park?

By all accounts Jamie Adams has been poor in division one.

101 meant what side you'd pick from who was available, not two players you'd have signed yourself.

I'd have played Maybury and Anderson, not Caddis and Rusty.

Then again, yesterday was not too unlike the side at Ibrox who played very well.

Bad day. If we get a few more then we can worry.

Taylor's a maybe. Not keen on Parkin. Haber should play through the middle instead of him. Probably not going to happen though. Manager makes some odd decisions.

Absolutely I do.

the fact adams is still at dundee is unbelievable. what is del even thinking starting caddis in centre mid for his first game with an unfit muzz. even thinking about it and listening to the utter pish they del was saying in his interview with bbc is making me ****ing raging