Flavio Paixao

JEccles621

Hi

I was enragted by Paixao's comments at Danny after Saturday's match. As Del makes clear in the press today, there was no substance to it. I have sent the letter below to Scott Struthers, General Secretary at Hamilton, and will be interested in his response. Hopefully a public apology will be forthcoming.....

Jim

Dear Mr Struthers

As a St Johnstone fan in attendance at New Douglas Park on Saturday, I was disappointed by the ridiculous outburst by the Hamilton player Flavio Paixao directed at the St Johnstone fullback Danny Grainger. Danny is a very honest player - and has never previously been described in such an outrageous way. Television evidence backs up Danny's case and shows Paiao's comments up for being as ridiculous as we all suspected at the time.

I appreciate that, as English is not his first language, the exact comments may have not have been expressed precisely as he intended. However, I strongly believe that as he made the comments publicly and they were reported throughout the media on Sunday and Monday, a public retraction by Paixao should be made. He has sullied the good name of an honest professional - and indirectly, the name of St Johnstone Football Club.

I would appreciate if you could pass this suggestion on to the player. Any retraction and apology will be extremely well received by the St Johnstone support.

Yours sincerely

Jim Eccleston

In fairness to Mr Struthers, a quick reply (within 30 minutes) though it seems very convenient that Paixao doesn't have to say a thing in the way of an apology

Jim

Thank you for your e-mail.

In part, you answer your own question. It is normal to ascertain whether the comments are accurately attributable to the player. It would be reasonable to assume that while the player has spoken generally, English isn't his first language, and he repeats phrases to ensure he is heard / understood, the media may also have enhanced what he may have said.

However, our Manager is also quoted in today's paper and I think that has dealt with the matter.

Regards

Scott Struthers

HAFC

In fairness to Mr Struthers, a quick reply (within 30 minutes) though it seems very convenient that Paixao doesn't have to say a thing in the way of an apology

Jim

Thank you for your e-mail.

In part, you answer your own question. It is normal to ascertain whether the comments are accurately attributable to the player. It would be reasonable to assume that while the player has spoken generally, English isn't his first language, and he repeats phrases to ensure he is heard / understood, the media may also have enhanced what he may have said.

However, our Manager is also quoted in today's paper and I think that has dealt with the matter.

Regards

Scott Struthers

HAFC

Pishy response

Why would you even bother sending an email to Accies?

I bet they were all sitting round the computer laughing at it!

Oh Billy Reid you must place that wee rascal Paixao over your knee and give him a few slaps because some St Johnstone fan complained that he said un-true things about Danny Grainger! While you're at it get Sky Sports, BBC and every paper to NDP straight away so we can make a public apology.. :roll:

Why would you even bother sending an email to Accies?

I bet they were all sitting round the computer laughing at it!

Oh Billy Reid you must place that wee rascal Paixao over your knee and give him a few slaps because some St Johnstone fan complained that he said un-true things about Danny Grainger! While you're at it get Sky Sports, BBC and every paper to NDP straight away so we can make a public apology.. :roll:

Thank you for such a constructive post 'Honest'. I get annoyed when my club is dissed in the press - and felt strongly about it. Get over it

A letter of this magnitude should NOT have been sent to Hamilton Accies FC...BUT instead to the SPL / SFA.

Every employer will endeavour to maintain the credibility of their staff and will always be critical of the media as a whole.

The governing body (SFA/SFL) are in a position NOW where they must be seen to deal with these outbursts and Paixo should have to explain his actions to Them.

A letter of this magnitude should NOT have been sent to Hamilton Accies FC...BUT instead to the SPL / SFA.

Every employer will endeavour to maintain the credibility of their staff and will always be critical of the media as a whole.

The governing body (SFA/SFL) are in a position NOW where they must be seen to deal with these outbursts and Paixo should have to explain his actions to Them.

Surely, in any walk of life, it's reasonable to provide the first 'opportunity' to respond to the club/player in question? A straightforward apology to Grainger from the player would be sufficient.

I don't disagree however that the SPL/SFA should get involved and discipline the player.

Surely, in any walk of life, it's reasonable to provide the first 'opportunity' to respond to the club/player in question? A straightforward apology to Grainger from the player would be sufficient.

I don't disagree however that the SPL/SFA should get involved and discipline the player.

We are talking about Hamilton Accies and Billy Reid here.........If Paixos english isnt that good perhaps your letter should also have been in Portugese !!

To be honest Del will probably be happy we are labelled as thugs. It will lead teams to underestimate our footballing ability and for some teams put the fear into them when playing us.

I back your letter Jim but disagree about the SPL/SFA. Paixao has accused Danny of repeatedly assaulting him!

This is 2010 and after an outburst like that the authorities should have been requesting a copy of the tape for them to study. I'm actually surprised the police haven't got involved given their penchant for sticking their pc noses in these days. Can you imagine the outcry if eg Lafferty had said exactly the same thing about eg Loovens?

Paixao should be made to publicly apologise.

I back your letter Jim but disagree about the SPL/SFA. Paixao has accused Danny of repeatedly assaulting him!

This is 2010 and after an outburst like that the authorities should have been requesting a copy of the tape for them to study. I'm actually surprised the police haven't got involved given their penchant for sticking their pc noses in these days. Can you imagine the outcry if eg Lafferty had said exactly the same thing about eg Loovens?

Paixao should be made to publicly apologise.

Yep - which goes back to the purpose of my original letter. Unless he responds in some way, he's clearly going to be a target of hate at McD next time they come visiting (tbh, he will be now irrespective of any apology). What's the betting Reid doesn't play him against us next time.

Yep - which goes back to the purpose of my original letter. Unless he responds in some way, he's clearly going to be a target of hate at McD next time they come visiting (tbh, he will be now irrespective of any apology). What's the betting Reid doesn't play him against us next time.

An even bigger concern might be that given his new-found image in the media, Danny might be the victim tomorrow night when Nelly Lennon's Conspiracy XI come to town looking for the refs to even things up after the weekend - you can just see someone like Samaras or Maloney going down under a Grainger challenge and looking to punish Danny.

Good-o - never thought of that. Flavio Pansy was one of their better "players", so if your supposition is correct and Bouncing Billy wants to play a weakened side against us next time, he for one can be my guest.

Thank you for such a constructive post 'Honest'. I get annoyed when my club is dissed in the press - and felt strongly about it. Get over it

Dinnae worry about it Jim, she's just a wee lassie and doesnae ken wtf she's blethering aboot:wink:

I am with you. Jedwards remarks were ridiculous and frankly scurilous..That said we will make sure that he knows exactly what we think of him come the return match..

Well done Jim..:D

Dinnae worry about it Jim, she's just a wee lassie and doesnae ken wtf she's blethering aboot:wink:

Sad thing is Ghostie I probably know more about football than you do, ya old shite :wink:

This is the most over the top reaction ever! The wee guy made it up, oh wow, 10 years in jail for him!

... and it is laughable that Reid would not play a certain player because Saints fans may have a go at him. :laugh:

Sad thing is Ghostie I probably know more about football than you do, ya old shite :wink:

This is the most over the top reaction ever! The wee guy made it up, oh wow, 10 years in jail for him!

... and it is laughable that Reid would not play a certain player because Saints fans may have a go at him. :laugh:

You may well know more about washing, ironing, Bella magazine, fanny pads, make-up and alcopops my dear but I would suggest I have forgotten more about the beautiful game than you know.. This is obviously BECAUSE I am an OLD shite..:wink:

Now away and finish yer knitting hen:laugh:

You may well know more about washing, ironing, Bella magazine, fanny pads, make-up and alcopops my dear but I would suggest I have forgotten more about the beautiful game than you know.. This is obviously BECAUSE I am an OLD shite..:wink:

Now away and finish yer knitting hen:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

absolutely brilliant ghostie.........post of the week for me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's grim, eh?

Scott is a pretty decent guy and we send a letter like that to him! Seriously, what was to gain from it?

Dear Scott, please ask someone who struggles with integrity and the English language (Mr Bully Reid) to tell someone who struggles with integrity and the English language (F Paixao) to say sorry to someone who disnae gie a flying fart (Mr Daniel Grainger) on behalf of a fan base that largely couldnae be bothered attending the match on Saturday. Oh and please don't all huddle round the screen laughing....

Respectfully Submitted James and the Ghost (I ken mair than burds that are really guid players)

It's grim, eh?

Scott is a pretty decent guy and we send a letter like that to him! Seriously, what was to gain from it?

Dear Scott, please ask someone who struggles with integrity and the English language (Mr Bully Reid) to tell someone who struggles with integrity and the English language (F Paixao) to say sorry to someone who disnae gie a flying fart (Mr Daniel Grainger) on behalf of a fan base that largely couldnae be bothered attending the match on Saturday. Oh and please don't all huddle round the screen laughing....

Respectfully Submitted James and the Ghost (I ken mair than burds that are really guid players)

I refer you to the answer I gave some time before ...:laugh:

Oh an we ken why you're hanging in there matey don't we..:wink: