Time for a resignation.

The ghost of Jim Morton

Is it time for a resignation at St.Johnstone football club? I aint talking about the chairman, but the person in charge day to day . General manager Grant Cullen ( who replaced the much maligned Stewart Duff) must take complete blame for this. He is the man who makes the decisions and he needs to carry the can for this. This season has been a joke.

Now I know we cannot control the weather but what we certainly CAN CONTROL is how we deal with the fall out from bad weather. This has been an ongoing problem this season and has be exacerbated by mistakes by the company management. The failure to have the covers down last Sunday night when torrential rain was widely forecast being a prime example. This mistake has had a huge bearing on this particular postponement. The knock on effect from playing the Thistle cup game in more torrential rain on an already saturated surface being that the surface got even wetter.

There is a major problem with the drainage which will be addressed at the end of the season but for now we need to handle how we deal with inspections and there timings (so as our fans and very importantly away fans are not pissed about) much better.

Today, not for the first time we have a situation where by all accounts there was no chance this match was going to go ahead yet NO warnings were posted on the St.Johnstone official website that the game was even in danger until this morning and that is plainly NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Then we have the timing of the inspection.. 11.15 am is just a joke. We needed to insist that this inspection took place by 9am at the very latest. We of course did not , and that failure is unforgivable.

There will be those that , I am sure, will blame the SPL or the ref for the timing of the inspection but the fact is that St.Johnstone Football Club are the guilty party here and Mr Cullen, being the General Manager needs to accept his culpability and go now. The financial cost to St.Johnstone Football Club this season is going to be heavy and I believe that unless we win the cup and finish 4th in the league, we are going to post a big financial loss. Part of this loss will lie firmly at the door of Mr Cullen.

I take no pleasure in wanting a man to lose his job and I actually like Grant Cullen who has shown himself to be very approachable, but the club, my club, is the most important thing and for the good of Saints and for our continued existence he has to go NOW...

I am sure some will rubbish my thoughts and call then stupid, knee-jerk and OTT but this is my opinion..:sad:

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it time for a resignation at St.Johnstone football club? I aint talking about the chairman, but the person in charge day to day . General manager Grant Cullen ( who replaced the much maligned Stewart Duff) must take complete blame for this. He is the man who makes the decisions and he needs to carry the can for this. This season has been a joke. Now I know we cannot control the weather but what we certainly CAN CONTROL is how we deal with the fall out from bad weather. This has been an ongoing problem this season and has be exacerbated by mistakes by the company management. The failure to have the covers down last Sunday night when torrential rain was widely forecast being a prime example. This mistake has had a huge bearing on this particular postponement. The knock on effect from playing the Thistle cup game in more torrential rain on an already saturated surface being that the surface got even wetter. There is a major problem with the drainage which will be addressed at the end of the season but for now we need to handle how we deal with inspections and there timings so as our fans and very importantly away fans are treated. Today , not for the first time we have a situation where by all accounts there was no chance this match was going to go ahead yet NO warnings were posted on the St.Johnstone official website that the game was even in danger until this morning and that is plainly NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Then we have the timing of the inspection.. 11.15 am is just a joke. We needed to insist that this inspection took place by 9am at the very latest. We of course did not , and that failure is unforgivable. There will be those that , I am sure, will blame the SPL or the ref for the timing of the inspection but the fact is that St.Johnstone Football Club are the guilty party here and Mr Cullen, being the General Manager needs to accept his culpability and go now. The financial cost to St.Johnstone Football Club this season is going to be heavy and I believe that unless we win the cup and finish 4th in the league, we are going to post a big financial loss. Part of this loss will lie firmly at the door of Mr Cullen. I take no pleasure in wanting a man to lose his job and I actually like Grant Cullen who has shown himself to be very approachable, but the club, my club, is the most important thing and for the good of Saints and for our continued existence he has to go NOW...

I am sure some will rubbish my thoughts and call then stupid, knee-jerk and OTT but this is my opinion..:sad:

Ghostie, time for some paragraphs.:wink:

Calm down Ghost man, it's only as game of football.

No Hannah it's not just a game of football. It's a business that needs money to survive and continue.. If you don't understand what I am talking abour then perhaps that's down to your lack of maturity and life experience.. I didn't post that as a knee-jerk to todays game being off, I posted it because I am concerned about the way my ( and your) club is being run day to day..

And as I said. I don't do it lightly..

I agree with Ghostie. It has gone beyond the point of embarrassing now. People are kidding themselves if they think that Perth has been the centre target of Scotland's bad weather. That is simply not true. St. Johnstone FC should be able to cope with the amount of rain we have had. It hasn't exactly been out of this world.

Something has to be done. Yet another midweek game now, which many fans like myself will find it hard to turn up to.

No Hannah it's not just a game of football. It's a business that needs money to survive and continue.. If you don't understand what I am talking abour then perhaps that's down to your lack of maturity and life experience.. I didn't post that as a knee-jerk to todays game being off, I posted it because I am concerned about the way my ( and your) club is being run day to day..

And as I said. I don't do it lightly..

I understand I just think asking for someone to resign from their job is taking it a bit too far my friend. Yes someone fecked up by not issuing a pitch inspection warning. Move on.

Is it time for a resignation at St.Johnstone football club? I aint talking about the chairman, but the person in charge day to day . General manager Grant Cullen ( who replaced the much maligned Stewart Duff) must take complete blame for this. He is the man who makes the decisions and he needs to carry the can for this. This season has been a joke.

Now I know we cannot control the weather but what we certainly CAN CONTROL is how we deal with the fall out from bad weather. This has been an ongoing problem this season and has be exacerbated by mistakes by the company management. The failure to have the covers down last Sunday night when torrential rain was widely forecast being a prime example. This mistake has had a huge bearing on this particular postponement. The knock on effect from playing the Thistle cup game in more torrential rain on an already saturated surface being that the surface got even wetter.

There is a major problem with the drainage which will be addressed at the end of the season but for now we need to handle how we deal with inspections and there timings (so as our fans and very importantly away fans are not pissed about) much better.

Today, not for the first time we have a situation where by all accounts there was no chance this match was going to go ahead yet NO warnings were posted on the St.Johnstone official website that the game was even in danger until this morning and that is plainly NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Then we have the timing of the inspection.. 11.15 am is just a joke. We needed to insist that this inspection took place by 9am at the very latest. We of course did not , and that failure is unforgivable.

There will be those that , I am sure, will blame the SPL or the ref for the timing of the inspection but the fact is that St.Johnstone Football Club are the guilty party here and Mr Cullen, being the General Manager needs to accept his culpability and go now. The financial cost to St.Johnstone Football Club this season is going to be heavy and I believe that unless we win the cup and finish 4th in the league, we are going to post a big financial loss. Part of this loss will lie firmly at the door of Mr Cullen.

I take no pleasure in wanting a man to lose his job and I actually like Grant Cullen who has shown himself to be very approachable, but the club, my club, is the most important thing and for the good of Saints and for our continued existence he has to go NOW...

After reading the revised version, I partly agree with you. Arses are requiring a good kicking but demanding he resigns is too harsh.

Go and watch Raith Rovers beat Dundee.

Yes! Alternative plans can be made! Go for a walk, watch a film, meet a friend, make love all day, listen to music or read a book. The world doesn't have to be all doom and gloom because you can't watch a game of football! :cool:

After reading the revised version, I partly agree with you. Arses are requiring a good kicking but demanding he resigns is too harsh.

How harsh will it be when we announce a significant loss at the end of the season and other people have to lose there jobs in cost cutting moves. How harsh will it be when our season ticket sales drop dramaticaly next season and our playing squad has to be trimmed.

My post is not just based on today, but on all ( and there have been quite a few) of the poor decisions and incidents of mismanagement that have occurred since the new GM arrived.

How harsh will it be when we announce a significant loss at the end of the season and other people have to lose there jobs in cost cutting moves. How harsh will it be when our season ticket sales drop dramaticaly next season and our playing squad has to be trimmed.

My post is not just based on today, but on all ( and there have been quite a few) of the poor decisions and incidents of mismanagement that have occurred since the new GM arrived.

well you seem to ken better.why dont ye apply for the f@cken joab and see how ye do eh.

maybe they could do a Ghostie resignation.

Run off and have a tantrum then come back a few weeks later, :)

As opposed to doing a Mainstand and just fobbing it off with constand pish and wind.. I came back when the forum had been made a better place due to the removal of certain posters although to be fair, there are still o couple of clowns operating in here:wink:

Ghostie calm down or you will do yourself a mischief :wink:

Calling for Grant's head is well ott as you know despite your rants!! This has been a problem from before his arrival so we should maybe be looking at your sainted friend who used to control the purse strings....