Next year's season ticket sales

Ginger Bakers rebel army

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Postponements this season:

Alba Cup Final - Reason for postponement: Fans Safety

St Johnstone v Hamilton - Reason for postponement - Heavy Snowfall (All other SPL fixtures off that weekend too)

St Johnstone v Dundee United - Reason for postponement - Fans Safety

St Johnstone v Rangers - Reason for postponement - Fans Safety

St Johnstone v Partick - Reason for postponement - Waterlogged Pitch

St Johnstone v Aberdeen - Reason for postponement - Waterlogged Pitch

So it seems to me only 3 of our games have been postponement as a direct result of McDiarmids pitch and the rest is down to Tayside Police and their Health & Safety shite. If that is a reason not to re-new then the club are certainly better off without those fans!!

Funny how you attended games happily before you got a boyfriend. Under the thumb much?

HSF do you have a season ticket?

The only point I am trying to make is that with the call offs, inconveniences around making arranged games, bank holidays etc it is devaluing a product. It doesnt have to be Saints Fault, its the way it is.....

If an individual decides that it isnt financially viable then how are the club better off without them?

Those that already pay at the gate, are the club already better off without them?

St Johnstone v Hamilton - Reason for postponement - Heavy Snowfall (All other SPL fixtures off that weekend too)

So it seems to me only 3 of our games have been postponement as a direct result of McDiarmids pitch and the rest is down to Tayside Police and their Health & Safety shite. If that is a reason not to re-new then the club are certainly better off without those fans!!

Funny how you attended games happily before you got a boyfriend. Under the thumb much?

Now now ladies...

women-fighting.jpg

The main thrust of what I've read from others and what I feel towards my own season ticket renewal is that we're not getting good value for money with the performances or the number of games we are getting to due to the problems with the pitch. If that's nothing to do with Saints, what is it to do with? Not everyone who supports Saints and has a season ticket works 9-5 Monday-Friday in Perth. These postponements are inconvenient but also financially problematic for people who can't make the rearranged fixture but have already paid to be there.

If Saints do achieve continued success in the Scottish Cup and somehow end up finishing in the top six, it's not inconceivable that Saints may also increase the prices for next season. For me, if that happened, it would make my mind up for me. There comes a time when clubs need to get real with how much they're charging for what fans are getting out of it. For many people, this season it's been too much for too little.

There's nothing pathetic or embarrassing about that.

In regards to your point about it having a lot to do with SJFC, as Hannah has stated, there has only been three postponements due to the playing surface/SJFC (well, the weather really) this season, and that was all this week and only 2 fixtures! One week doesnt stop the season ticket from being financially viable one moment to not, the next. The chairman has identified the problem and has said it will not happen next season. So, the "knee jerk" reactions (to what has not even been an off season, an off week) in this and people comparing the games to the juniors, going in a huff is whats embarrasing.

Sooo because people have other commitments, cannot make rearranged ties, therefore reducing the value of a season ticket for them and making them consider whether it is worth renewing this is pathetic?

Let me put it another way... if people are not going to get the value out of buying the season ticket and decided to just go to games and pay on gate, there is more chance of them not attending if it is freezing, pouring down, roadworks ( for those outside of perth ). If you buy a ST you are more likely to try and go to the weekend games regardless of the above because you have already paid your money.

These reasons illustrate why the club has to take action NOW to ensure that ST holders renew for next season. Be that what has been suggested by the OP or some concrete guarantee as to the action to be taken over the summer.

Sorry if that offends you. If so please feel free to block me. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Like Geoff saying it wont happen again next year?

As for the last sentence, theres another example of something pathetic!

HSF do you have a season ticket?

The only point I am trying to make is that with the call offs, inconveniences around making arranged games, bank holidays etc it is devaluing a product. It doesnt have to be Saints Fault, its the way it is.....

If an individual decides that it isnt financially viable then how are the club better off without them?

Those that already pay at the gate, are the club already better off without them?

I was referring to Sam's post where she said

If that's nothing to do with Saints, what is it to do with?

I would definitely have a season ticket if I had anywhere near the amount of money it costs for one. Skint student, eh Ghostie? :wink:

All fans are important to the club but if people aren't going to re-new for the sole reason that they think Saints aren't going to fix the pitch problems then the club are better off without them

In regards to your point about it having a lot to do with SJFC, as Hannah has stated, there has only been three postponements due to the playing surface/SJFC (well, the weather really) this season, and that was all this week and only 2 fixtures! One week doesnt stop the season ticket from being financially viable one moment to not, the next. The chairman has identified the problem and has said it will not happen next season. So, the "knee jerk" reactions (to what has not even been an off season, an off week) in this and people comparing the games to the juniors, going in a huff is whats embarrasing.

Like Geoff saying it wont happen again next year?

As for the last sentence, theres another example of something pathetic!

Humour bypass? lighten up chuckles

Are you actually being serious with your last comment?

Fair play mate. TBH I assumed most would be off with the diddy parliament making it a holiday up here as well

There will always be people taht are working on the bank holidays. You also have to remember saints cost will increase, Policing and Stewarding at holiday rates and a possible impact on hospitality.

Yes now are you going to comment on the rest of my post? Or are you another fan who doesn't do their research before slagging off the club?

The rest of your post doesn't deserve a response after the way you ended it. I don't take you seriously. You're just a bitch. However, since you enjoy it I am sure that won't offend you too much.

The response of someone who know's they are wrong. :roll:

I am perfectly willing and capable of discussing my opinions with reasonable Saints fans, but not someone whose sole aim on this forum is to antagonise people. It is only out of respect to your boyfriend - since he is a friend - that I generally bite my tongue when it comes to you. He tells me you're a nice girl really. I have yet to see ANY evidence of that.

I am perfectly willing and capable of discussing my opinions with reasonable Saints fans, but not someone whose sole aim on this forum is to antagonise people. It is only out of respect to your boyfriend - since he is a friend - that I generally bite my tongue when it comes to you. He tells me you're a nice girl really. I have yet to see ANY evidence of that.

You slagged St Johnstone without the proper facts. I am going to stick up for the club over someone that does that no matter who it is.

Aren't you nice, I'm sure he appreciates that :roll:

You slagged St Johnstone without the proper facts. I am going to stick up for the club over someone that does that no matter who it is.

Aren't you nice, I'm sure he appreciates that :roll:

You certainly should.

Slagging, or posting my opinion. It's something you seem to have a slack grasp of. It's one when you're attacking someone, it's the other when you're being attacked. You and your opinions are of so little relevance to me that I refuse to even discuss anything seriously with you.

You certainly should.

Slagging, or posting my opinion. It's something you seem to have a slack grasp of. It's one when you're attacking someone, it's the other when you're being attacked. You and your opinions are of so little relevance to me that I refuse to even discuss anything seriously with you.

Well you are certainly enjoying replying to my posts...

Ladies/Girls FWIW I think the 2 of you are very much alike. HSF your posts very much remember me of Sam a few years back.

2 head strong young ladies!!!

Now what about a mud wrestling match at half time :)

She reminds me of myself when I was 19 years old, I have said as much in the past. But I have grown up since then. I am sure she will at some point.