auld shops

Wish i was Joe McGurn

Thanks to you as well Willie!

By the way, at what age do I have to emigrate to Canada? Seems to be our senior members choice for retirement! :wink:

I have been here 45 years and I always thought I would retire by the ocean but I never thought it would be the feckin Arctic Ocean!!.

Then you have the Prince of Hunters hiding oot amongst the Mennonites in Ontario probably got one of those horse and buggys so he can fit in no flies on Smudge except when he standing next to his horse. :laugh:

When i set up this thread it was to find the answer to a memory i had from childhood and it was bugging me for a while.

Its good to see some more memories from people coming out from Perth folks near and far.

There are a few older folks on here who have been out of town for a long time and probably have not seen the changes round the town in years gone by, so this is an appeal.

Places like the old wash house in canal street, the bakery in fues road have all changed now, can someone in there free time maybe go take photo's of these plqces and post them for the folks who left the town years ago to show what has become of these places.

I use a smart phone to view and post on here so i am unable to post pictures or i would. Hence the appeal.

Thanks

then you have the Prince of Hunters hiding oot amongst the Mennonites in Ontario probably got one of those horse and buggys so he can fit in no flies on Smudge except when he standing next to his horse. :laugh:

'Glad you said standing BESIDE his horse, E.M. I read on scandal.com that you assume a different position with icebound seals. 'Gives new meaning to the term 'nature lover'.

Smudge, Prince among Hunters.

• 2 weeks later...
and copper at powries...remember once me and the mistakes Ritchie + Dopey screwed a plumbers shed in N.Muirton...got my dad to punt it for us..recieved 50 quid...shoved him a commission...the rest we spent at Allys chippie and a carry out...+ some evo...aye ged the good auld days....wonder what became of Dopey?

Brain damage, followed by a heart attack, I'd imagine:laugh:

• 11 months later...
and copper at powries...remember once me and the mistakes Ritchie + Dopey screwed a plumbers shed in N.Muirton...got my dad to punt it for us..recieved 50 quid...shoved him a commission...the rest we spent at Allys chippie and a carry out...+ some evo...aye ged the good auld days....wonder what became of Dopey?

I remember a bloke at the grammar nicknamed Dopey. Think his first name was Grant (maybe). Anyhow, was visiting North Muirton recently, saw a bloke who looked like him getting off a bus as I got on. Wasnt going to make an a*** of myself and ask him.

• 2 months later...
Was in the toon yesterday and saw this shop with the modern signage stripped away to reveal this underneath.

r89lcg.jpg

Anyone remember it? It's in Scott Street next to the Jade Garden. Currently it's a Blockbuster video shop I think.

Super (Stud) Saint, you're bound to remember it, you being in your 60s?

I lived in Scott St at number 11 which is almost across the street from !946 till 1962 and I canny remember that shop. From the Post office doon there was McCallums camera shop, Beveridge the barbers, Palmers toy shop, a wool shop then PD M Mallochs where toffs like Supey bought their tackle then Fergusons had a shop next wis Morris Wallpaper shop, Johnstone the Butcher and the newsagent on the corner.

Might have missed one but hope that helps Ziggy

Good to see the Jade Garden still up and running. Established 1975, must have cooked a few meals by now. Have some good and not so good memories of the Jade Garden with (various )female partners over the years. Food has always been ok though.
Who do you think you are Supey Jnr.

Good to see the Jade Garden still up and running. Established 1975, must have cooked a few meals by now. Have some good and not so good memories of the Jade Garden with various female partners over the years. Food has always been ok though.

Classy...*** yes The Jade Garden is a lovely Chinese.. Mind you it's been years since I was in there.