Player sponsorship costs

Jad

Can anybody on the forum give me a rough idea of costs for player sponsorship? Is there a variety of costs for those of us who don't have loads of dosh?

The official site is a bit pants as it just asks you to contact club, think it would be better if they gave a rough idea of what costs are, other clubs are much more forthcoming with prices quite clearly available to see.

Thanks

It costs £300 to sponsor a player for the season.

That get you the players signed shirt, a picture with the player and an invitation to the end of year sponsor's function at McDiarmid.

Jad,

I enquired about player sponsorship earlier on this summer, it is £300 + VAT so you are talking £360. Like Aitchy says, at the end of the season you get to attend the clubs player sponsor's night, your players signed shirt, a picture with the player and your name/sponsors name in the matchday programme.

When I asked before, there were a few top name players available, and the club have obviously recruited since then.

SJFC at a rough guess ???

Just that when you 'sponsor' somebody, it generally relates to a specific cost attached to that person.

Those who have sponsored players, what do you get in regards to paperwork when the deal is done - does it say specifically what your money will help towards?

Not that i'm bothered if it just goes into the general coffers...just interested.

Just that when you 'sponsor' somebody, it generally relates to a specific cost attached to that person.

Those who have sponsored players, what do you get in regards to paperwork when the deal is done - does it say specifically what your money will help towards?

Not that i'm bothered if it just goes into the general coffers...just interested.

Thought it just went in to the general coffers but I am sure there is someone smarter than me on this site that knows different ??

Nah, there's nothing like that - it's just a general way of allowing fans/small businesses to put a bit extra into the club if they can afford it. The money isn't for any specific purpose. I was involved in doing this through the BH fanzine for a few years, and would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about doing it - you get to attend a nice little event with all the players/management/board at the end of the season (although I often wondered how much the club is actually left with at the end of it when you take into account everyone getting a shirt, a large framed photograph and free food/drinks).

Nah, there's nothing like that - it's just a general way of allowing fans/small businesses to put a bit extra into the club if they can afford it. The money isn't for any specific purpose. I was involved in doing this through the BH fanzine for a few years, and would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about doing it - you get to attend a nice little event with all the players/management/board at the end of the season (although I often wondered how much the club is actually left with at the end of it when you take into account everyone getting a shirt, a large framed photograph and free food/drinks).

free food and drinks at the end of season do ???? :roll: £300 doesnt seem enough money in that case :shock:

• 2 years later...

It costs £300 to sponsor a player for the season.

That get you the players signed shirt, a picture with the player and an invitation to the end of year sponsor's function at McDiarmid.

Got my invite for this year's. Next Satuday with an invite to watch a light training session, watch an English play off, lunch with the players and presentation of jersey. Braw.