Scotland v Czech Republic Sat 3rd Sept

erchie

The fans around us in the South upper yesterday were an embarrassment to Scotland. I am so glad I was not able to get a ticket for the French student we have at work just now as the fans around us yesterday summed up what is wrong with Scottish society.

A group of around 15 came in around 5 minutes after the game had started, shouting about how difficult it was to find this section (The turnstiles are next to the main entrance), then they all decide to stand in the back row despite only half of them having tickets for there. We are then all told we are shite fans because we are not standing up or singing enough. One of the group however is so drunk he cannot stand so just sits in the passageway for the whole game, falls asleep at half time and claims every free kick is a stonewall penalty. At times he was funny, but at times he was downright racist. Apparently everyone in the Czech Republic are Jewish, sex offenders and are still communists.

Then to cap it all one of them falls down into the next row after the Fletcher goal and then tells the woman he fell on to lighten up or stick her ticket up her hole as she should not be at Scotland games. Is it getting like that all over the stadium or were people just drinking to excess yesterday as it was the only Saturday qualifier in this campaign.

It's always been like that. For a large number it has nothing to do with the football and is all about the "social" aspect. And when I say "social" I of course mean getting blootered and acting like a tit.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fans around us in the South upper yesterday were an embarrassment to Scotland. I am so glad I was not able to get a ticket for the French student we have at work just now as the fans around us yesterday summed up what is wrong with Scottish society.

A group of around 15 came in around 5 minutes after the game had started, shouting about how difficult it was to find this section (The turnstiles are next to the main entrance), then they all decide to stand in the back row despite only half of them having tickets for there. We are then all told we are shite fans because we are not standing up or singing enough. One of the group however is so drunk he cannot stand so just sits in the passageway for the whole game, falls asleep at half time and claims every free kick is a stonewall penalty. At times he was funny, but at times he was downright racist. Apparently everyone in the Czech Republic are Jewish, sex offenders and are still communists.

Then to cap it all one of them falls down into the next row after the Fletcher goal and then tells the woman he fell on to lighten up or stick her ticket up her hole as she should not be at Scotland games. Is it getting like that all over the stadium or were people just drinking to excess yesterday as it was the only Saturday qualifier in this campaign.

I was in section I of the South Stand and had no problems. You can get that at a saints game if you are unlucky enough. If it was that big a proble someone should have spoken to a steward or cops. They did walk up and down all the passeges every 10 minutes or so.

I was in section I of the South Stand and had no problems. You can get that at a saints game if you are unlucky enough. If it was that big a proble someone should have spoken to a steward or cops. They did walk up and down all the passeges every 10 minutes or so.

No they don't in the upper tier.

It appears the debenture section is treated as a special case. In 12 years of having the seats there is one steward at the gate for 6 turnstiles, I have yet to be searched where as it regularly happens at McDiarmid and the only other time you see a steward is as you enter from the concourse. Yesterday he showed a few people to their seats but never came more than 5 or 6 steps up the section. As you can see from the picture below we are near the back and i assume we are off limits. Someone did go to complain early on but no action was taken. Most of it was drunk banter and when he had a go at the woman there was so little time left it was not worth it. Her partner was speaking to the stewards at full time but by then it was too late. If it happened at a Saints game id move but we had no choice yesterday.

th_Panorama5-1.jpg

It's always been like that. For a large number it has nothing to do with the football and is all about the "social" aspect. And when I say "social" I of course mean getting blootered and acting like a tit.

Yup yesterday there certainly seemed to be a lot of them about yesterday. I get the social aspect of the pre game events etc but some fans do take it too far. I remember myself having too many before an Italy home game and regretting it the next day but I hope I did not spoil it for those around me as some did yesterday.

And they wonder why they wont let Scotland play at home on a Friday night?

Thing is a lot of these guys don't follow any club team and have no idea about football. There also the first ones on the phone ins and the likes. Nothing wrong with drinking before a game but a large number just go to get wrecked. I live 2 minutes from Hampden and its embarassing. Folks drinking, pissing and smashing bottles all over the place, regardless of whether there are children there or not. But there has always been that side to Scotland support and it won't change. Still miles better than the Take That fans though! That was unbelievable! Thousands of middle aged women behaving like the Inbetweeners.

Thing is a lot of these guys don't follow any club team and have no idea about football. There also the first ones on the phone ins and the likes. Nothing wrong with drinking before a game but a large number just go to get wrecked. I live 2 minutes from Hampden and its embarassing. Folks drinking, pissing and smashing bottles all over the place, regardless of whether there are children there or not. But there has always been that side to Scotland support and it won't change. Still miles better than the Take That fans though! That was unbelievable! Thousands of middle aged women behaving like the Inbetweeners.

it is a helluva lot better than it was years ago, use to be queueing up in the streets to pee against a hedge in the early 70s.

no team deserved to win or lose the game - draw fair result.. although a dive is a dive! Avril your tactics are negative and cant wait to see you go!

Have to agree with your last statement.

4-5-1 with Morrison & Naismith protecting the fullbacks rather than supporting Miller.

Section was lost in Czech Republic as far as I am concerned & the sooner he goes the better.

Levein is going nowhere. He's one of the spearheads of the changes that are going ahead and will be the manager for the next campaign. Scotland's problems stem from generations of short-sightedness. The players have a basic lack of technique and no manager can change that. When Charlie Adam is supposed to be one of the footballers of the group then that sums it all up.

it is a helluva lot better than it was years ago, use to be queueing up in the streets to pee against a hedge in the early 70s.

I think we only witnessed that 4 times between walking from Cathkin Park to Hampden. :roll: so it still happens. According to the people from youth justice who lead a training course I attended last week public urination can end up with you on the sex offenders register.

Levein is going nowhere. He's one of the spearheads of the changes that are going ahead and will be the manager for the next campaign. Scotland's problems stem from generations of short-sightedness. The players have a basic lack of technique and no manager can change that. When Charlie Adam is supposed to be one of the footballers of the group then that sums it all up.

Have to agree with last two sentences but that does not make Levien a good manager.He is the most negative manager I have ever seen. How do you account for 4-6-0 away to Czechs.

I think we only witnessed that 4 times between walking from Cathkin Park to Hampden. :roll: so it still happens. According to the people from youth justice who lead a training course I attended last week public urination can end up with you on the sex offenders register.

so we are ALL sex offenders then because we have ALL peed in public ?????

I take it you have never peed in public Real??

I was in section I of the South Stand and had no problems. You can get that at a saints game if you are unlucky enough. If it was that big a problem someone should have spoken to a steward or cops. They did walk up and down all the passeges every 10 minutes or so.

I had a long chat on the phone and in person at Hampden on Tuesday night with the manager of debenture services who was not aware of some of the issues and who agreed that security levels needed to improve in that area of the stadium. There were certainly more stewards on Tuesday but only a fraction of the crowd. it was also like being back in the old days with the ability to move ends at half time.

so we are ALL sex offenders then because we have ALL peed in public ?????

In the eyes of the law yes.

I take it you have never peed in public Real??

Did I ever say I had not? but it makes you think how stupid some of our laws are and if you were caught short at a game and picked up by the police the effect it would have on your work with the players at your team.