#11 - 28/09/11 - Hibs 3-2 Saints - SPL

After watching the highlights its really disappointing we lost that. Twice Sandaza should of squared but didnt.

Can't believe the ref gave the penalty, absolutely ridiculous decision and such a blatant dive.

Excellent finish from Sheridan for our 2nd.

Liam Craig still has it in for Hibs.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think Liam's getting the credit he deserves for the first goal. Excellent finish. If Fran had scored it we wouldn't be hearing the end of it.

Did he know where Jody was the3 first time he was through? He looked to have his eye on the ball all the way.

The penalty really is one of the most embarrassing dives I have ever seen.The referee really does need action taken against him for giving anything other than a yellow card to O'Connor for cheating.

I dont think Liam's getting the credit he deserves for the first goal. Excellent finish. If Fran had scored it we wouldn't be hearing the end of it.

Did he know where Jody was the3 first time he was through? He looked to have his eye on the ball all the way.

The penalty really is one of the most embarrassing dives I have ever seen.The referee really does need action taken against him for giving anything other than a yellow card to O'Connor for cheating.

I agree with all of this. If Liam had scored that goal with his left it would have been good but with his weaker foot he did well to guide that in.

There are no words for how bad the dive was. What annoyed me is the commentator never mentioned how blatant a dive it was. He was quick to praise O'Connor and say how good a penalty is was but why can he not say the word "dive"? It was so obvious so why can they not highlight the fact that it was cheating? Probably because it was a game that didn't involve Rangers or Celtic, so they don't really care.

Get on Twitter to Stewart Reagan, he's the man who wants to change the game for the better, clamping down on pish like that would be a start.

Done that, following up Jamie's tweet. I also wrote to SFA. Not because I think anything will happen but to point out the hypocrisy of the SFA greeting to UEFA but not doing anything at home.

Reagan like Doncaster is a first class clown who should not be allowed to cross the road alone.

O'Connor must be pissed off. A dive like that and he is still behind Swanson when it comes to the national team.

I keep bleeting on about this, but the game has changed due to the over analysation by pundits and slow motion, multiple camera angles etc. You don't need to be fouled to win a penalty, you only need there to be 'contact' according to Lawrenson, Hanson, Lineker, Shearer and their buddies. This is bound to lead to people (i use that word loosely) like O'Conner, looking for penalties by diving. This time he tried to dive over McCracken's leg, but McCracken didn't even move towards him, so it is debatable if there was contact even on his way to ground, which makes it worse.

I find it somewhat harsh to blame the referees, who are under massive pressure from managers, players, press, pundits and fans to make decisions under the cloud of cheating and every other person having the above mentioned slow motion replays.

O'Conner was to blame, and if the video evidence can lead Saints fans en mass to be this upset, managers, players, officials etc. too, then that evidence should be used to ban players who do this. If a post match diving conviction led to a serious fine and a harsh ban of say 5-10 games, these idiots would soon stop it.

But first, there needs to be clarity on what a foul is. I could run full pelt into a wall and it would really hurt. Sorry, it would not be the wall's fault. Pundits and press people need to sort themselves out. Bias and a cretinous lack of brainpower in these people have ruined the game.

:evil: