#11 - 28/09/11 - Hibs 3-2 Saints - SPL

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like we had a fair few chances up until about the 70 minute mark, but after that Hibs were able to hold us. Shame we couldn't have got the equaliser. Be interested to see this penalty shout as up until then it sounded like we were just about on top.

Need to pick ourselves up and go and take three points at Kilmarnock on Saturday.

Ed i was trying to say over the last 20years a result like this was not a bad result as some of the pastings we have taken in the past, how ever i think we are due result at Killie though.

Yeah, I got your jist....and hopefully you are right re Killie....some of my confidence has gone, but if SaS click then we could really hump someone.

Was nice to hear Haber had a hand in Sheridans goal tonight

Bit of a disappointment to have lost having had lots of the ball, particularly the second half. Penalty came at a point we were on top as well. Oconner was the difference I thought. Saints kept going to the end and it was good to see a positive reaction from the fans at full time.

Oh aye, leigh griffiths...what a d***!

Morris returns & so does the taste of defeat, Co-incidence ?.

Yes, coicidence. Morris was excellent tonight.

Hibs are a terrible, terrible 1 man team. Why Mcinnes though David Robertson would be a good addition to the game with 15 mins left I don't know. What I do know is that the game was screaming out for Marcus Haber to expose their rubbish right back.

The refereeing was shite too. Why are linesmen so reluctant to flag for obvious fouls?

Saints are a much better team than Hibs, I'm gutted we lost tonight.

Hibs are a terrible, terrible 1 man team. Why Mcinnes though David Robertson would be a good addition to the game with 15 mins left I don't know. What I do know is that the game was screaming out for Marcus Haber to expose their rubbish right back.

The refereeing was shite too. Why are linesmen so reluctant to flag for obvious fouls?

I wish folk would give Robertson a chance half of those there had him written off as rubbish before he even came on. Never did a thing wrong when he did come on,

Can't believe some having a go at Morris.

I'd like to be a bit more subtle and polite but in reality, that's how I feel too.

Not had a chance to read the thread yet but, yeah, disappointed we lost tonight. Not because I necessarily thought our performance on the night deserved a whole lot more but because we're better than we showed tonight and if we'd reached that level, we'd have been capable of taking something. There was no handicap of a stupid system or formation tonight, the players just didn't quite reach the levels we've seen in some other matches. Disappointing but one I guess we can move on from a lot quicker than the defeat a week ago to St Mirren.

Haber on earlier would have been good so he could, as you said, have exposed their rubbish right back in the way that Agogo exposed our right back (sorry Dave, a poor night for you).

Dave and Chris, on the night, couldn't handle the Hibs' guys down their side, which was almost in complete contrast to Maybury and Craig who mostly had no such problems on the other side.

Disagree that they are terrible and a 1 man team. The match could have gone either way and, as I said, at times we were overrun down our right.

We can't always win when we go to Edinburgh, although our record there has been impressive. :laugh: