Olympic Torch - Is it passing through Perth ?

SingaporeSaint

Which is exactly what many English say when they see the Scottish Parliament funding such as free uni education for Scots. The Scottish Parliament has it's share of the UK taxpayers money to do with what they like. What Westminster then does with what is left is entirely up to Westminster and little really to do with Scotland - in the same way as Scots will say what Holyrood does with it's funding is nothing to do with Westminster.

And one to ponder - if London didn't exist as the great historical and cultural entity that it is (and was maybe just a big Birmingham) do you think Edinburgh and the broader Scotland would get half as many tourists as it does? I don't think so.:?

That's all I'm saying.

Yes i do , why would it not!!!

Which is exactly what many English say when they see the Scottish Parliament funding such as free uni education for Scots. The Scottish Parliament has it's share of the UK taxpayers money to do with what they like. What Westminster then does with what is left is entirely up to Westminster and little really to do with Scotland - in the same way as Scots will say what Holyrood does with it's funding is nothing to do with Westminster.

And one to ponder - if London didn't exist as the great historical and cultural entity that it is (and was maybe just a big Birmingham) do you think Edinburgh and the broader Scotland would get half as many tourists as it does? I don't think so.

That's all I'm saying.

Which is more than enough!

Yes i do , why would it not!!!

Because most long-haul visitors to Scotland (Oz, Japan, USA) come to UK to visit London and then Edinburgh. Would they travel to see Edinburgh alone? Maybe - but many wouldn't bother. So we shouldn't diss London and hence by extension the London Olympics. Living in England when I hear 'anti-London Olympics' whinging from North of the Border it really annoys - believe me - if you lived in England you'd most likely feel the same.

And one to ponder - if London didn't exist as the great historical and cultural entity that it is (and was maybe just a big Birmingham) do you think Edinburgh and the broader Scotland would get half as many tourists as it does? I don't think so.

That's all I'm saying.

they have their share but is it a fair share?

Because most long-haul visitors to Scotland (Oz, Japan, USA) come to UK to visit London and then Edinburgh. Would they travel to see Edinburgh alone? Maybe - but many wouldn't bother. So we shouldn't diss London and hence by extension the London Olympics. Living in England when I hear 'anti-London Olympics' whinging from North of the Border it really annoys - believe me - if you lived in England you'd most likely feel the same.

I cant prove it, bit i strongly disagree!!as fot the Olympics-Screw that!!!!

From what I have been told the torch will be going to a big primary school athletic event at the running track in Perth as well as spending time at Bells. from that information you can perhaps work out some potential routes through Perth.

I am sure the kids at the schools event will remember this day for a long time.

In a couple of weeks those who were nominated to hold the torch will find out if they have been selected, I nominated someone from Perth and they are in the final round.

To be honest if it was not for this, the Olympics being in London is the same for me as it being in Paris or Dublin. its about an hour away on a plane and I'm unlikely to be at any event.