Paul Lambert

Never looks good when a manager does this,but Villa is a massive club - at least in the Midlands and compared with Norwich City. From a distance you might think the Villa, B'ham City, West Brom and Wolves are all pretty much of a muchness as clubs - with Villa happening to have the biggest ground. Having lived in that part of the world for a bit - this is not the case in the slightest. Villa are by a very long way the biggest club in the midlands - and has to be an attractive proposition for any manager.

Walked out on Colchester as well, a few years at Villa, getting them to stable position and Lambert will do the same again, into one of the top jobs

I think as a Chairman you have to understand that if you have a top manager and a bigger club comes in you have to step aside. Saints have done it twice now. Preventing him talking to Villa was doing Lambert an injustice. He's done brilliantly for Norwich - they should be thankful because without him they'd still be struggling in League 1.

I'm not sure I agree with that Broon. Lambert was happy to sign a contract with his current employers for a certain length of time and if the club wishes him to stay until the end of his contract I believe he should have the honour to do so. I persoanlly wouldn't want to keep on any manager that no longer wants to be at the club, but just like players they shouldn't be able to force moves when it suits them.

At the end of the day Lambert has done a fantastic job at Norwich, but I don't see him making massive progress at Aston Villa to be honest, unless he is given time.

None taken!

But how do you work out they are the worst? They won a European trophy?

How can you come to that conclusion?

Actually you're right. Don't know what age you are, assume you are young, apologies if you're not, but that was a time when whoever won the English top league won the E Cup. It was a time of deep depression for Scotty footy fans.

With respect, if AV were in the CL now, they'd be struggling to get through the first qually round.

What's my age got to do with it?

And yes if AV were in the CL now they would be pish! But how does that equate to back then and how to you justify you suggesting the are the worst European cup winners? What cause they are shite now?

All I was saying is that it is a little bit of a silly comment that really is only your opinion.

But hey, you are entitled to it.