Time to get behind club!!!!

BAM

And just to clarify. I don't necessarily agree, but to say he "gambled" is a bit far off. I think he did what most expected him to do. It's his handling of the Rangers saga that he should be hung out to dry for, not the TV and sponsorship contracts

I think we could line up more charges than most war criminals face :)

I did like how the 16 team SPL is no longer viable.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree with that but he has based his strengths on something that was very unstable as the financial difficulties of Rangers had been on public display for a few seasons.

As the Saint is Asia blog has shown - the TV deal he did get was worse/pitiful than most European countries of equal size.

I believe that he thought he had a safe enough deal. Now that it has failed he must step down. He has failed the SPL and it seems it is the fans that will have to be doing the saving.

If Rangers were able to solve their money problems, or if they ended up playing in SPL or SFL1 due to vote then the TV deal wouldn't be an issue. The deal on the table from next season is a massive jump from our current deal and if it worked out he would've been lauded for it.

He has to go though. The only way we can salvage this I think is a move to summer football. When we're not competing with top European leagues for 3 months of the season our product would be worth a lot more

Well I can state quite categorically that I will be at more home games this season than last.

Me too. Going to make an extra effort to get up from London for as many home games as I can, starting with the next three (Eses, Bristol City, Aberdeen). It's going to be the first time in about five or six years that I've made it to three consecutive home games.

We're all talking about how we can get behind the club and minimise the effects of the anticipated income / revenue fall. In general we are thinking only how WE can help. If we are attending as many games as we can then it will certainly be a drain on most of our budgets and with the best will in the world finances are finite.

Perhaps then we should utilise the new found fan power. The forum and the club could be publishing a list of who has bought trackside advertising, who has bought advertising in the programme, who has sponsored players / games etc. We should then be making every effort to support these firms wherever possible. Co-ordinated fan power would hopefully encourage more companies to advertise and support the club in anticipation of our business.

It might not even have to be direct financial support. The current initiative by the Tulloch Institute has been prompted by co-ordinated fan action. While helping the Tulloch, it will hopefully encourage fans along to the games and the face painting and similar initiatives for youngsters will have kids encouraging their parents or grandparents to take them to the match. Winners all round.

We're all talking about how we can get behind the club and minimise the effects of the anticipated income / revenue fall. In general we are thinking only how WE can help. If we are attending as many games as we can then it will certainly be a drain on most of our budgets and with the best will in the world finances are finite.

Perhaps then we should utilise the new found fan power. The forum and the club could be publishing a list of who has bought trackside advertising, who has bought advertising in the programme, who has sponsored players / games etc. We should then be making every effort to support these firms wherever possible. Co-ordinated fan power would hopefully encourage more companies to advertise and support the club in anticipation of our business.

Great idea and worth sticking an e-mail to Paul or Roddy at the club to ensure it's aired.

It might not even have to be direct financial support. The current initiative by the Tulloch Institute has been prompted by co-ordinated fan action. While helping the Tulloch, it will hopefully encourage fans along to the games and the face painting and similar initiatives for youngsters will have kids encouraging their parents or grandparents to take them to the match. Winners all round.

What is the Tulloch doing exactly. I don't seem to have seen anything about their initiative.:shock:

What is the Tulloch doing exactly. I don't seem to have seen anything about their initiative.:shock:

"A Party next Thursday" Post 9. OK it's a bit tentative, but it's the right sort of idea. We need to turn going to the football into a fun family event where the entire city supports the club rather than a chance to sit in the cold and shout obscenities (fun as that may be :laugh:)

"A Party next Thursday" Post 9. OK it's a bit tentative, but it's the right sort of idea. We need to turn going to the football into a fun family event where the entire city supports the club rather than a chance to sit in the cold and shout obscenities (fun as that may be :laugh:)

Cheers, I have seen it now.. I totally agree with the sentiments. For those living up that way I think it's a great idea for Thursday night. I am trying to organise something for the town and then Muirton suite pre-match but think both of these can work . It will mean that by the time everyone gets into the ground they should be well into the party mood.:wink: