Massive Blue and White Home Day 18/08/12

themole

cant get into muirton suite for a drink when there is a few folk in, outside catering / beer tent would be ideal though,

The Muirton suite will not have the tables in any more and there will be much more room. Have suggested bootled beer fridges down the sides of the MS to make service much quicker. Hopefully the idea will be take on.

I'll get the massive Blue and White WAP flag out for this one!

Good stuff Beatson. And mibbes sneak something about the project into one of yer court reports..:laugh:

Boaby

Lumsdens

Uncle

Eric

And

Norman

Davidson

Were

Held

In

The

Early

Afternoon.

When

Arrested

Yesterday

Davidson

Announced

Yeehaa...

I am sure you get the drift:wink:

Are the magnificent 7 aware that Perth races are on the same day?Had a suggestion from Glenrothes Saintee to get bookies in situ at ground or in stands, we're aware of some fife sheep going to races rather than McD,hopefully the races won't be too detrimental to the crowd

Firstly Dave, there is NO magnificent 7 and even if there were, the would not be involved in organising this.:wink:

Thank you though as I never realised that the races were also on on the 18th. Hopefully it won't make to much difference:wink:

The Muirton suite will not have the tables in any more and there will be much more room. Have suggested bootled beer fridges down the sides of the MS to make service much quicker. Hopefully the idea will be take on.

A bucket of Ice and an exact money queue for bottles would go down a storm if you ask me. A nice round number of £2 a bottle (more likely £3) and you'd rattle through serving people.

Beer and a big BBQ on the training pitch would be great, could make a lot of money. Easy to arrange for Aberdeen fans to come to the ground early rather than looking for a drink in town or on the train etc. If a BBQ is hard to arrange, how about trying to do a deal with some of the local burger van operators - share of the profits type deal. Might still bring in a few quid. Just thinking aloud about how to get travelling fans money to Saints rather than others - without them actually needing to spend any more money.

sounds like a plan, couldnt get nowhere near bar before, and had to quickly about turn and head to the xx8

The Muirton Suite will have still have a few tables for fans wishing to eat pre-match bar lunches and snacks.

The brewery are sending technicians in to change the pouring system in order to ensure faster 'pints', thus minimising queues in the Muirton Suite, although this may not be carried out in time for the Aberdeen game on August 18th.

Also if fans desire bottled beers/drinks that we don't stock, if we find a majority request them we will endeavour to stock them in the future.

Any other suggestions to improve your matchday experience in The Muirton Suite will be taken on board.:D

The Muirton Suite will have still have a few tables for fans wishing to eat pre-match bar lunches and snacks.

The brewery are sending technicians in to change the pouring system in order to ensure faster 'pints', thus minimising queues in the Muirton Suite, although this may not be carried out in time for the Aberdeen game on August 18th.

Also if fans desire bottled beers/drinks that we don't stock, if we find a majority request them we will endeavour to stock them in the future.

Any other suggestions to improve your matchday experience in The Muirton Suite will be taken on board.:D

That's a shame. :sad: I had heard that all that would be left were the tall round tables. It'll still just be the same old muirton suite then.:sad: ( unless by a few you mean a couple which I suspect you don't)

As for the queues at the bar, it doesnae matter how fast the lager flows, they will still remain unless you have another point of sale.

Two bottle fridges either side of the room. One fully stocked with bud, the other with Millar. £3 a bottle . A stock of a couple of hundred each. Sell the lot..£1200. Two members of staff for two hours @£7 ph. Staffing cost= £28.

Not rocket science and the brewery would give you the fridges so next to no set up costs..

It's the way forward:wink:

i think we need some tables for meals :)

I am sure you do Gertie but the claimed plan was to get the place busier and if it's got too many tables then it takes less people and hence less busy. They should do one or the other rather than some half way hoose.

I mean why not just do meals in there. Mind you, how many people want a meal before the football anyway and also, It will be interesting to see if the tables are used for meals and when the person has finished eating they vacate the table or will they just sit there ALL afternoon till kick off?

Meals or just for people who have always sat doon in the MS??:D

I am led to believe there will be only half a dozen single tables for four along with the standing tables. this will allow bar lunches to be served including chicken goujons, chips and salad which is a good profit maker for the club and hopefully it will take off, children's special menu also being served. I agree the fridges are a good idea and I think that will happen in time. Little steps but I applaud the club for trying to improve the match day experience, sky sports is a massive addition and very welcome.

I am sure you do Gertie but the claimed plan was to get the place busier and if it's got too many tables then it takes less people and hence less busy. They should do one or the other rather than some half way hoose.

I mean why not just do meals in there. Mind you, how many people want a meal before the football anyway and also, It will be interesting to see if the tables are used for meals and when the person has finished eating they vacate the table or will they just sit there ALL afternoon till kick off?

Meals or just for people who have always sat doon in the MS??:D

what about away fans having something to eat. Dont kill it of before it opens:sad:

Think the MS is slightly small for having meals and drinkers.Could do with a bigger room in the stand and go the route of Fir park supporters club,or the Northern golf club in Aberdeen,which are both good pre match venues,for those wanting a bite to eat,or just a bevvy.

Think the MS is slightly small for having meals and drinkers.Could do with a bigger room in the stand and go the route of Fir park supporters club,or the Northern golf club in Aberdeen,which are both good pre match venues,for those wanting a bite to eat,or just a bevvy.

just please give it a chance :)

Edited by Dev
fix quote