COYLE TO GO

rickardo

best manager weve had since the season to remember, has improved every season, if gretna hadn't scored with 30 seconds to go, it would have been 1 of the most succesfull seasons in division 1 ever

Took the words straight out of my mouth, Owen is a great manager for us, he is passonate about the club and everything that goes with it. He is by far the best manager we have had in a long time. How people can say he's not up to the job is beyond me?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it has all been said above...Coyle is a great manager...I think people have short memories it was only a few seasons ago saints were in the bottom half of the table......also the last good manager sturrock...it took him time to build a team not only to get up to the premier but also to stay and be a half decent team in the top flight....keep the faith.......if anything questions to be asked about the chairman..and on his stupid comments about grenta before the game....well done to owen and the lads...next year will be the year

i think owen has unfinished business with saints he would like to do first. he will be loyal since we have given him such a good first chance at management.

good to see everyone FINALLY getting behind him, he had to do a fair bit for that to happen.

still has plenty to learn but 2nd twice in a tough division is a great achievment i would say.

People have short memories, yes lets sack him and get Connolly back because the football was brilliant back then.

Arseholes.

The only 'arseholes' are people who didn't realise that this thread was started a LONG time ago, when the team was indeed looking a bit ropey (although IMHO, it was misguided even then). It occasionally gets re-opened out of pure irony when Saints hit another high point.

Except, like Baldrick, a lot of people think that "irony is like goldy and silvery, just made out of iron".

The only 'arseholes' are people who didn't realise that this thread was started a LONG time ago, when the team was indeed looking a bit ropey (although IMHO, it was misguided even then).

I was thinking of pointing out that very fact. I wish I had beat you to it. Could the Mods change the title to .............................

"Coyle must stay"

I think another season to try and get us back in the SPL would be fair some new blood in the team an I reckon we could do it, one thing that does piss me right off with colye is he doesny drop his pals i.e. McInnes, can't recall him ever puting in a good shift for us and still plays week in week out

I think all of you who are saying tht Owen shud be sacked are STUPID, OC has been 1 of the gr8s in my eyes so far and am sure a lot of ppl will agree.

So i agree he needs to change tactics wen things are not working but he is a good manager and we will c wot happens next season.

BRING ON 2007/08

Anyone who is calling for OC to be sacked must be out of thier minds. Yes I can see that this thread is now be taken with a large element of irony. OC has like some have said before proved to be THE best manager we have had since Sturrock. Is he perfect, by no means; is he the best that we can expect, almost certainly.

Yes there are traits that OC displays that are annoying at the best of times, i.e. not having the know-how to see that either the tatics or simply the players on the day are not working and still the refusal to make a meaningful substitution. Is this just though a statement of trust in his starting 11 to get the job done or simply he is still a little bit inexperienced to make such judgement calls? Only time will tell.

He has filled the team with players that he has known and to the greater extent they have been successfull. Sturrock did the same thing although the majority were a lot yonger than OC signings. The impact has been the same, playing for the team and playing for the manager. The tactics although not genius in thier device are certainly constructed to suit the players - they do for the most part work though.

OC with the aid of these players and backroom staff have once again created a team that we got behind and supported to the brink of tears. We can once again be proud to be a saintie and that largely down to OC. With the additions of 2 or 3 signings we can and should take the league by storm next season; I believe already that we will be the most feared nest season if the players use yesterdays disappointment as a catalyst for future success.

Thank you OC for giving us back our team, a team that we can rightly get behind and support to the hilt. Long may it continue long may OC be at the helm.

Counting down the days to Aug 5th already.

Anyone who is calling for OC to be sacked must be out of thier minds. Yes I can see that this thread is now be taken with a large element of irony. OC has like some have said before proved to be THE best manager we have had since Sturrock. Is he perfect, by no means; is he the best that we can expect, almost certainly.

Yes there are traits that OC displays that are annoying at the best of times, i.e. not having the know-how to see that either the tatics or simply the players on the day are not working and still the refusal to make a meaningful substitution. Is this just though a statement of trust in his starting 11 to get the job done or simply he is still a little bit inexperienced to make such judgement calls? Only time will tell.

He has filled the team with players that he has known and to the greater extent they have been successfull. Sturrock did the same thing although the majority were a lot yonger than OC signings. The impact has been the same, playing for the team and playing for the manager. The tactics although not genius in thier device are certainly constructed to suit the players - they do for the most part work though.

OC with the aid of these players and backroom staff have once again created a team that we got behind and supported to the brink of tears. We can once again be proud to be a saintie and that largely down to OC. With the additions of 2 or 3 signings we can and should take the league by storm next season; I believe already that we will be the most feared nest season if the players use yesterdays disappointment as a catalyst for future success.

Thank you OC for giving us back our team, a team that we can rightly get behind and support to the hilt. Long may it continue long may OC be at the helm.

Counting down the days to Aug 5th already.

well says mate could not put it better myself.

The only 'arseholes' are people who didn't realise that this thread was started a LONG time ago, when the team was indeed looking a bit ropey (although IMHO, it was misguided even then). It occasionally gets re-opened out of pure irony when Saints hit another high point.

Except, like Baldrick, a lot of people think that "irony is like goldy and silvery, just made out of iron".

Arseholes was aimed at anybody who has said he should go at any point of his tenure.

Its be clear to me since the day he got here we have been going in the right direction.