Highland Based Saints

Invernessaint

I have noticed over the past few weeks an increasing number of WAP posters from across the Highlands. Just wondering whether any of you Highland based Saints want to form a Highland Saints Supporters Club? I would be happy to help start this up. Anyone interested send me a PM. There could be many benefits to this , least of all savings on fuel costs for attending games? We might even get our own flag to rival that of the Edinburgh Saints!!!

Aye, but maybe am too far away from Inverness to be any use for car sharing etc

We are currently up to nine potential members - the distance you refer to will not be a barrier as this supporters club will not just be about going to games but keeping a network of Saints fans across the Highlands in touch with each other. Once i have a final idea of the numbers I will formally approach the club as I believe they can help to support and constitute a new supporters club. A good friend of mine runs the Orkney Hibs Supporters Club and he has been great with loads of advice on how to go about doing all of this. COYS

I will formally approach the club as I believe they can help to support and constitute a new supporters club.

Not sure what the club could do? The Edinburgh Saints have never approached the club for anything and have arranged everything themselves. Certainly works well when you have a group of people who can car share / get same trains / meet up randomly at other times when we aren't playing.

Not sure what the club could do? The Edinburgh Saints have never approached the club for anything and have arranged everything themselves. Certainly works well when you have a group of people who can car share / get same trains / meet up randomly at other times when we aren't playing.

No harm in approaching them though. My mate got a load of support from Hibs when he did this. They publicised the club on their web site and also brought the supporters club to the attention of fans on their data base from Orkney that had bought tickets for Hibs games. They also provided freebies and invited the Orkney supporters club down to a game where they got free hospitality. No harm at all in asking for our clubs support.

Nominate a local pub for a meeting place too, get them on board for drinks pre and post match and if there is any televised games we can't get too we can watch it there. Would be good not bring the only saints fan in the pub! Pub may even help out if they know they will be getting a decent amount of business from us

Nominate a local pub for a meeting place too, get them on board for drinks pre and post match and if there is any televised games we can't get too we can watch it there. Would be good not bring the only saints fan in the pub! Pub may even help out if they know they will be getting a decent amount of business from us

The fluke was a decent pub -reasonable parking and was user friendly (if its still on the go !)