Saints Nominate Eses For Fair Play Award

Born2Bru

On Twitter, from Official PerthSaints on Frid evening.

http://www.fifa.com/...6444/index.html

"The Turkish club Eskisehirspor, whose nomination was proposed by the supporters of Scottish club St Johnstone following a Europa League second qualifying round tie. During the game in Turkey, a St Johnstone player became injured as Eskisehirspor went on the attack. This attack resulted in a corner, but as it had come about when the opposition were down to ten men, Dede of Eskisehirspor gave the ball back to St Johnstone."

I am sure many fans will remember this as we were shouting at the ref to stop the game. Dede actually just kicked the ball over the bye-line.

I don't know who instigated this nomination, but good on you.

Edited by Born2Bru

This was discussed on here and I wrote to Fifa to fund out about nominations. I wrote about this incident and the relationship that had developed between the clubs and supporters and mentioned the videos people had posted. I didn't make it to Turkey although I saw the game so had to go on what people had said and the videos people had posted. I got a reply but they were asking for lots of evidence which I wasn't able to easily get so I thought that was the end of it. Not sure if me writing was considered a nomination or if someone else made some sort if an official nomination but if if it was my e mail it was a We are Perth nomination.

• 2 weeks later...

Didnt win but Barca and Real superstars got to hear of Eses and Saints.

World famous now :laugh:

Hayley McQueen@HayleyMcQueen

Who'd have thought St Johnstone would have featured in the FIFA Ballon d'Or awards

Who won, John? Uzbekistan or Guatemala? I can't find the info on the FIFA site.