Deacon Blue

MySpazz

Anyone like them ?

Reckon it is gonna be a big year for them, booked for V & Reading festivals, T in the Park and a big tour at the end of the year.....

What other Scottish groups should get more exposure....old and new.

Saw them at Perth Concert Hall in November 2012. They were superb. I have been to a lot of concerts over the years and they are right up there. Ricky Ross had the set down to a tee & really kept the momentum going. You know how restrained Perth audiences can be? Well Ross & co had everyone on there feet. Well worth the £27.50 plus £1.00 booking fee ha ha. Will be surprised if you don't enjoy DB's slick set. This is probably a daft thing to say but I didn't think they would sound so good live if you know what I mean? Enjoy!

Erland & the Carnival? The Flutes? (Nothing to do with the forces of darkness..honest)There is a young guy Steven Ward debut single out this week......he is very good. All of the named relatively unknown, but worth a google.

I'm a massive fan of Deacon Blue (and also of Ricky Ross's solo material). Delighted to have them back playing new songs rather than just greatest hits stuff. I've seen them quite a lot of times but their show in London last year was the best I've ever seen them - I don't think I've ever seen any band look like they're enjoying themselves on stage as much as DB did that night.

Off to see them at the Royal Albert Hall in September, and RR is also doing an acoustic solo tour (and new album) in the first half of the year which should be well worth seeing.

Also on the Scottish songwriter subject - Justin Currie (ex Del Amitri) has done some great solo stuff over the last few years.

Anyone like them ?

Reckon it is gonna be a big year for them, booked for V & Reading festivals, T in the Park and a big tour at the end of the year.....

What other Scottish groups should get more exposure....old and

new.

Daughters favorite group when she was a kid.

So much so, we had a deacon blue birthday cake made with liquorice swirl on it to represent records.

Must have a photo of it somewhere.

Think they were at Scone Palace last year or the year before.

Daughter who is now 40 was gutted she could not go, due to living in Oz. now.

Back to the topic of Scottish bands.

Teenage Fanclub. Saw them at Perth City Hall a few years ago, and then a couple of years after that they supported the Pixies at Meadowbank. Really good band.

The Skids, Big Country, The Associates.

Perth connection with Belle and Sebastian (Richard Colburn is the drummer).

Perth connection again with The Average White Band.

Altered Images (Clare Grogan, hubba hubba).

Mogwai are a decent band. Also I suppose we can claim Snow Patrol too.

Local music scene is thriving again. Rock 'n' Roll is the new Rock 'n' Roll!

Smashing list of Scottish bands. Usually people list all the bands from East Kilbride,

Back to the topic of Scottish bands.

Teenage Fanclub. Saw them at Perth City Hall a few years ago, and then a couple of years after that they supported the Pixies at Meadowbank. Really good band.

The Skids, Big Country, The Associates.

Perth connection with Belle and Sebastian (Richard Colburn is the drummer).

Perth connection again with The Average White Band.

Altered Images (Clare Grogan, hubba hubba).

Mogwai are a decent band. Also I suppose we can claim Snow Patrol too.

Local music scene is thriving again. Rock 'n' Roll is the new Rock 'n' Roll!

Nice list. Didn't know the drummer in Bell & Seb was a perth chap!

Nice list. Didn't know the drummer in Bell & Seb was a perth chap!

yeah. his grandad was Wilkie of Wilkie's music shop, which Richard's dad took on before he retired. Sadly the music shop isn't a going concern anymore, but the premises are now a furniture shop so at least it's not an empty unit.