Next Three Games........Are they going to shape our season??

eddie malone

If we win these 3 games then we'll be clear at the top- also depends on what happens with the Clyde game after the non- eligable revelations, surely the game should be replayed at least.

Even 7 points from these games should see us alright, Gretna are finished, Dundee aren't good at all. Don't know about Livi though but we'll take care of them I'm sure :P

Agree completely with what Radford said - one game at a time. However, this season (Morton aside - meaningless cup game after all) the thing I've seen that we appear to now have are three things going for us which we haven't experienced for a few years now. First, we're not conceding many goals and our defence looks sound. Second, our firepower appears to be in awesome shape, and thirdly we seem finally to have learned how to apply ourselves and grind results out when things aren't going our way - Airdrie and some of the earlier cup games as examples. So I think we can go into this run of "difficult" games with confidence. I think the Livi game on Saturday alone is the real pointer to how our season might shape up - to me it's the hardest of the three. Gretna really look to have hit the proverbial brick wall now (especially after what Hibs did to them tonight), and OK, Dundee have won a couple, but they're still a largely inexperienced side, and I feel they could easily slip back into losing ways as quickly as they slipped into winning ways after a dismal start.

Herts

We've really got to look to win every game, doesnt matter who we play!!!

One game at time , it's well within our potential to win every game left.

Thats the way I think. If u look at Livi's first 11. How many players are SPL proven players? I think we've got the better squad than them or anyone else in the league, just up to the players to prove they are SPL standard!

Know that the team is performing to the standard we have known all along it can do, we have to maintain it, if we can maintain it there is not a team in the first division that would put a dent in our armour, It is all down to motivation now, if owen can keep everyone motivated we should be in for a good year, ofcourse we are going to get days where we shoot from 2 yards out and the keeper trips over his own player and tips it wide, everyteam has thoose days, the main thing is that we can bounce back from it,

'Mon The Saints

I'll take 7 points from the next 3 league games (preferably drawing with Dundee as it would be the least damaging game not to win, if we were to draw one - I don't believe I have just said that :shock: ).

That and the extra 2 points we should get if Clyde are found guilty of fielding ineligible players, gives us an effective 9 point haul and would put us in an excellent position, similar to St. Mirren's around this time last year.

These 3 games scare me. Just depends what Saints turn up...Please be the Thistle, County and United Saints.

This livi game will be just as hard as the United game and the guys have to be aware of that and treat it as an SPL team

Would like to think we could take 9 points or at least 7. In all honesty I would probably take 3 and not be too down

Over the season, I don't think these games are essentially 'must-win' but I would say the most important we've had so far and would be a good test of how we're progressing and our chances of winning the league.

Our biggest problem last season was not winning enough of our home games so would say the Gretna game to be the most important for us to win although Livi will probably be the hardest to beat.

If Saints are on top form then we should really fear no-one and I hope we don't stutter after Tuesday's game

I am looking forward to the next games as we will have to up our games for the next few - regain the quality passing game we had at the start fo the season and play it when we can against sterner opposition. These will be Halliewell's first real tests in the league, as to be honest i don't think he's been tested much up until this point.

Livingston done well to hold Killie for 90mins but the extra time will hopefully have tired them out more. Thsi game would be a great opportunity to go a few points clear - and i hope we give as good as we get, no matter what the injuries are.

I will hopefully be in full voice and i think the best games i've seen are when i'm hungover (or still drunk from the night before?!) so hopefully this one won't let me down! :lol:

Bring it on, feckers! :D

What do folk think the crowd going down is? Bit more expensive down there but a new gorund for many or a trip to a different stadium may entice a few more as well as it being a top of the table clash - anybody for 0-0 then? :roll::wink:

Back the Boys - Mon the Bluuuuuuuuues!