Saints vs Gretna 14/10/06

SaintSam1884

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard there was a wee bit outrage surrounding the lack of respect and professionalism with the gretna management team towards saints. Especially when they scored their 3rd goal.

Super Ro, aka The Gaffa, lacking respect and professionalism! Wash your mouth out!

Don't you know everything Gretna have achieved is simply down to Super Ro, aka The Gaffa.

Possibly the most horrible cretin in Scottish football.

Super Ro, aka The Gaffa, lacking respect and professionalism! Wash your mouth out!

Don't you know everything Gretna have achieved is simply down to Super Ro, aka The Gaffa.

Possibly the most horrible cretin in Scottish football.

And also the most patronising bar steward you could ever meet! :evil:

What happened then?

Davie Irons acted like an arse from the start to finish. He was on the pitch dancing up and down and challenging everything and when he went on the pitch when one of his players was injured towards the end of the match he started coaching and got told to stop it. every goal he was up looking at the fans behind the dug outs shaking his fists etc.

Guest TamTheBam

He could have been one of the all time great Saints players if he hadnt got injured. I have nothing but good memories of his all too limited playing time with us.

U been drinkin old man?

Don't know if this has been mentioned earlier in this topic but I thought the response by the stretcher bearers, when Lawson was injured last Saturday, was appalling. It was pretty clear that Lawson, who was laying still, was injured and when the physio immediately signalled that his game was over there seemed to be no urgency from them. I know that the, piss poor, referee did not give them permission to come on, but when he did, they were apathetic to say the least.

Quite ironic that there has been a similar sort of complaint from Moooooooorinio when Cech and Cuducini were injured against Reading.

Furthermore, to Gretna fans credit, they did clap Lawson off.

Don't know if this has been mentioned earlier in this topic but I thought the response by the stretcher bearers, when Lawson was injured last Saturday, was appalling. It was pretty clear that Lawson, who was laying still, was injured and when the physio immediately signalled that his game was over there seemed to be no urgency from them. I know that the, piss poor, referee did not give them permission to come on, but when he did, they were apathetic to say the least.

Agreed - must admit I thought the same thing at Dens when their guy went down at the end. I'm not sure if they're under instructions to wait on the referee signalling him but when you see them walking on it's a bit galling.

Agreed - must admit I thought the same thing at Dens when their guy went down at the end. I'm not sure if they're under instructions to wait on the referee signalling him but when you see them walking on it's a bit galling.

I was talking to them at the Cancer Research UK 10k at Scone on Sunday and yes, they do have to wait for the referee's permission and they are not allowed to run as there have been a few slipping accidents :roll:

Quite ironic that there has been a similar sort of complaint from Moooooooorinio when Cech and Cuducini were injured against Reading.

I was amazed that there wasnt ambulance access right on to the pitch, as per McD. Thought that was one of post Taylor Report criteria for any new stadium being built.

I was amazed that there wasnt ambulance access right on to the pitch, as per McD. Thought that was one of post Taylor Report criteria for any new stadium being built.

There was via the tunnel at the corner of the stadium. That was the route taht they took the second goalie out.

It seems Czech coudl have gone out in that direction but to do so he would have had to round the track. The main thing that I find strange is that the Chelsea doctor waited for 25 minutes before deciding taht the goalie was bad enough to go to hospital.

As for the first aiders it's a general rule that if you are going to tend to someone you don't run as you are no good arriving out of breath and unable to help. I think it would be better to have the stretcher team in tracksuits and wearing boots rather than their hard hats and big boots.