Travelling to Ibrox

Kevin

Just a word of warning, the average holdup on the M80 into the roadworks at Denny is around 35 minutes of an evening and you should expect to hit the back of the queue soon after the Stirling services turnoff. If you are cutting down through Denny, there are also resurfacing works on that road and temporary traffic lights.

Once you get to Glasgow, you will hit the westbound queue as you leave the M80 and it will be stop/start all theway across the Kingston Bridge. Allow youselves another 20-25 minutes to get through this traffic.

This means the journey on Wednesday evening from Perth to Ibrox will be around 2 hours given a favourable wind. If you are going via Kilsyth then you will hit the traffic around Springburn. This may be a quicker way but it is all country roads and wee towns so beware of the wifeys in cars!!

Another wee tip for those travelling to the Rangers game by car. When approaching the Charring cross junction on the M8 a new lane opens up on the right hand side. If traffic is busy, move into the lane when it opens and go and take the Charring cross exit. When on Charring cross, go straight over it and back onto the M8 on the other side. At rush hour you will save about 10-15 mins rather than staying on the M8 and going under Charring cross (where traffic is almost always at a standstill).

Yep. I've also come off at Glasgow Cross (?). Not sure what junction but you come in past (I think the Old Infirmary) and then Strathclyde Uni. Go down past George Square and along Bath Street back out onto the M8. I only do this if we're talking traffic jams because of an accident or roadworks, rather than just for normal rush hour traffic. We did this last time we went to Ibrox but I was mullered and we ended up at the Blue concert at the SECC! :oops:

I think I took SaintSam this way when we went to Paisley on the last day. Saved a bit of time did it not, Sambo?

Yeah, it did!

I don't think there's going to be a way of avoiding traffic on Wednesday night so going to leave much earlier than we would normally. I presume the roadworks at the A9/M9 roundabout are still there too?

I refuse to miss most of the first half like Clyde again!

Yeah, it did!

I don't think there's going to be a way of avoiding traffic on Wednesday night so going to leave much earlier than we would normally. I presume the roadworks at the A9/M9 roundabout are still there too?

I refuse to miss most of the first half like Clyde again!

No they were only on for that one weekend as far as I can establish.

Horseshoe bar for us as well Ronaldo...Look out for the Saints tops! 4 o'clock train from Edinburgh should avoid the traffic jams... Plenty time for a few jars aswell!

Yeah trains are straight into the centre, no parking problems/jams as you say. There's normally a few Saints in there.