Dundee United Are Shite!

Jimmy Wallace

13 hours ago, Smarmy Arab said:

We have hit a real sticky spell, but I suspect RR will too at some point.

So far we have lost a single league game, long way to go.....

Do you think United should share Dundee's magnificent stadium when built. Would make sense.

On 12/29/2023 at 10:42 AM, Cagey said:

Do you think United should share Dundee's magnificent stadium when built. Would make sense.

I'm not yet convinced this will materialise.  In principle it makes all sorts of sense, sharing a stadium, indeed merging the clubs (take over really) very nearly happened in 1999ish, but Mr Marr's bottle crashed and he found a plan B. 

In the years before that redevelopment of Dens for a shared stadium was Jim McLean's favoured option, but Dee were such a car crash they could never get their act together. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Two Cups 2021 said:

£2.8m loss reported by other sources.

Really quite staggering how badly it's gone wrong for them. At the start of last season when they were playing in Europe I thought they'd made some strong signings and would possibly be challenging for third place. The fact that they spent all that money and couldn't even avoid finishing rock bottom is an eye-popping collapse. Amazed Jim Goodwin has held onto his job, too.

On 1/11/2024 at 11:29 AM, blueheaven said:

Really quite staggering how badly it's gone wrong for them. At the start of last season when they were playing in Europe I thought they'd made some strong signings and would possibly be challenging for third place. The fact that they spent all that money and couldn't even avoid finishing rock bottom is an eye-popping collapse. Amazed Jim Goodwin has held onto his job, too.

Yep!  All looked peachie when Jack Ross signed along with McGrath, Middleton, Levitt, Fletcher et al.  But went into a tailspin, and never recovered.

I heard Zander was set to sign, but his agent (Former manager JMac)  told him to wait for an offer from Stoke, that never appeared. United played hard ball and brought in an experienced, and expensive Aussie instead.  It just did not work, not to replace him in January was arrant negligence and we have paid the price for not adequately covering a key position.  

This season we have lost 2 games, conceded only 10 goals, and have looked to part on league duty.  Probably best we did not progress in the cups, we have a fragile confidence  are in no condition to go to Aberdeen, or Edinburgh far less Glasgow. 

pretty confident we will win the championship, Holt, Docherty, Moult have been successful at this level, and we really needed players for this level. 

On 1/13/2024 at 8:52 AM, Cagey said:

Lucky last night. Caley should have won. Caley ran out of steam . Should have used their subs but probably short on numbers.

Agreed!  Our resources will mean we have a stronger squad as we hit the business end of the season.  

Big Dunc comes over well, but has his work cut out up there.

2 minutes ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Yep!  All looked peachie when Jack Ross signed along with McGrath, Middleton, Levitt, Fletcher et al.  But went into a tailspin, and never recovered.

I heard Zander was set to sign, but his agent (Former manager JMac)  told him to wait for an offer from Stoke, that never appeared. United played hard ball and brought in an experienced, and expensive Aussie instead.  It just did not work, not to replace him in January was arrant negligence and we have paid the price for not adequately covering a key position.  

This season we have lost 2 games, conceded only 10 goals, and have looked to part on league duty.  Probably best we did not progress in the cups, we have a fragile confidence  are in no condition to go to Aberdeen, or Edinburgh far less Glasgow. 

pretty confident we will win the championship, Holt, Docherty, Moult have been successful at this level, and we really needed players for this level. 

What's Middleton been like this season? Always thought he looked a potentially good player if he could get a settled run in the team somewhere.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

What's Middleton been like this season? Always thought he looked a potentially good player if he could get a settled run in the team somewhere.

Middleton has been pretty consistent, 12 assists, 3 goals (I think?) certainly ahead of our academy grads in terms of starts.  As you say, like most wingers, needs a run in the team and a bit of confidence.  

• 2 months later...
On 5/28/2015 at 3:37 PM, sasha said:

No1 in Tayside, chortle! Jing's, crivens, help ma bob!

I know most of the old Saints fans take out their angst on Fundee because of historical reasons but I cannae stand Utd. Big headed players and coaching staff who think they are erchie!

Must be killing them getting beat from a "wee" team full of "industrial" footballers.

Shame then that they get our best players like HH and Spoony when we could have made more use. I played park fitba with both Hegarty bros. Mind Paul came back and helped saints out, no idea where that flashy b Kevin ended up?

• 3 weeks later...