18 league games to go

pezza70

How many points will we need to take out of the remaining 54 to be a genuine championship threat

I think anything under 30 points will see us fall short of St Mirren.

75 points last year with Falkirk

70 The previous season with Inverness crowned as champions

Can anyone see us winning 10 or so games?

I think you're right pezza - anything less than 30 points will indeed see us fall short of St.Mirren.

30 points would take us to 63 points which is a bit short of Falkirk and Caley's total, but I think with the league being much tighter this year, more teams will take points from eachother and the top team will finish with less points than normal. Having said that, if St.Mirren do as well as they have done so far they will finish around the 80 point mark. I doubt that will happen though with the pressure of staying top and injuries etc affecting their form.

I don't know about other saints fans, but I feel that this saints team can still win the league. If we go on a consistant 7/8 game winning run like we have in previous seasons, we will be right up there. I believe St.Mirren will falter and I just hope we are close enough to take advantage.

I know some folk will think I am crazy but I have no doubt in saying that St.Mirren can be caught. Seven points is nothing and they are no way as good as many of their fans rave on about. It's unbelievable how arrogant some of their supporters are. Let's really get behind the saints in this second half of the season. We can win this league.

I think we've gotta take atleast 10 points from our next 4 games, which is very do-able... and if we can keep the gap to 7 points or less going into mid January I'll be quite happy as I feel we'll strengthen most of all the teams at the top of the division. Of the next four games, I'm probably most concerned about Airdrie away... they seem to be doing well at home this season... picking up some big scores along the way. Our goal difference is in our favour so I don't see why we can't at least challenge St Mirren and make it difficult for them.

I think we'll have a better idea of our chances after the window.

Not surprised to hear that tbh. They looked a half decent outfit at McDiarmid... only a piece of magic from Scotland seperated the teams that day.

Realistically, 10 points is what we require in my opinion. St Mirren have a much easier run than we do (if my memory serves me correctly) so we have to pick up the same points as they will at least. We'll see - I'm still cautiously optimistic about our chances of at least giving them a half decent fight. They are a very tough nut to crack that

Airdrie have the best home record in the league worringly.

I think ten points from the next four would be a fantastic return and would really make me believe!

How? They have lost 3 times at home this season and St Mirren havent lost once! :?

it really depends on which saints turns up for each game, there is no reason with the team on paper that we cant win the lot, but saints have been abit inconsistant in the past and will win 3 then draw 3 then wina couple and lose a couple,

I for 1 believe that we can still win the league, but we cant afford to through away silly points at home or get draws away against teams we should beat. its the sort of league that anyone can beat anyone, St M lost 4-0 the other week which just goes to show that there is plenty to fight for

To be a pedant, there are only 17 League games left, i.e 51 points.

Give the guy a break, he does have to deal with a big time zone difference :roll:

I still reckon St Midden will soon hit a big crisis point with suspensions and injuries kicking in to what is basically a small squad with more than its fair sprinkling of the more elderly members of the profession. 40 points would certainly put us right in the melting pot.