Record breakers..History Makers

Kilgour

Im not sure how "special" this present Celtic team is given the huge financial imbalance in the current set-up so my question is

How many of the present squad would Big Jock have picked on a weekly basis and who would have had to drop out to make way ?

Possibly Craig Gordon instead of Ronnie Simpson but no one else even comes close

Let's face it, anyone under the age of 70 answering this question is guessing.  I just take solace that their dominance is getting it right up the cheats.

I think I know the team to whom you are referring but thats not the point.Plenty of teams inc.Dundee,Livi and Well have also used malpractice but that has nothing at all to do with the thread.If you think having one team 22points ahead at this stage of the season is ok just cos their city rivals are toiling is ok then I cant share your "solace".Celtic are the best of a bad bunch IMHO.

I think I know the team to whom you are referring but thats not the point.Plenty of teams inc.Dundee,Livi and Well have also used malpractice but that has nothing at all to do with the thread.If you think having one team 22points ahead at this stage of the season is ok just cos their city rivals are toiling is ok then I cant share your "solace".Celtic are the best of a bad bunch IMHO.

I would love for someone to be closer to Celtic.

As long as it wasn't Sevco.

I am not impressed in the least with Celtics achievements.

For decades, they and their opposite arse cheek, with the full collaboration of the governing bodies, did all in their power to stifle the opportunity of clubs outwith the OF to ever realistically be able to mount a sustained challenge to what the national press refer to as the 'natural order' 

The demise of the cheats just meant that Celtic were more than ever before at such a massive financial advantage that any thought of competitiveness is truly dead 

Let the press and pundits slaver over them all they want, what they have achieved is absolutely nothing special

Edited by Edstar101

Euro competitions with their seeding, selective qualification and huge TV money give the already wealthy the means to further strengthen their position at the expense of the weaker teams, which of course is what the governing bodies' TV masters want. Imagine playing a round of golf against a better player who also gets several shots on you in the handicap...