Saints v Dundee

Havana Saint

I would play a 4411 with Scougal in behind the striker, have Paton and Davidson in the middle with Alston/Spoony/Criag/Thomson (on return from his loan) on the wings switching over and being interchangeable - 

Thanks Mark - as we can see from this thread lots of varying opinions. Can't agree with your solution! Am fed up of Paton and Davidson playing together - brings nothing in a forward thinking/attacking sense. sadly Thomson has just not shown that he can perform at this level and Alston lacks the pace we need out wide. Fingers crossed that McMilan provides the movement and scoring touch but beyond that i come back to the pace, creativity and crossing ability that we lack. MOH int the entire answer but I hold very similar views to DaveH on what he brings. if we lose him it leaves a big hole to be filled and I'm not sure howTW can find the solution during the January window. Think Scougal is now showing his true potential and for me makes up for losing Swanson. Would always have a ( fit) Miller in the team - but we also need to replace him adequately.

With all the talk about how we'd be best to set up, how do folk feel about the formation we had in the second half against Dundee?

Just, for discussions sake, say we line up like...

Clark

Shaughnessy - Gordon - Kerr

Alston - Millar - Wotherspoon - Easton

Scougall

MacLean - McMillan

Do folk think that would work well?

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

With all the talk about how we'd be best to set up, how do folk feel about the formation we had in the second half against Dundee?

Clark

Scougall

MacLean - McMillan

Wouldn't be throwing Kerr straight in personally. Unless in a 4.

4 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

Wouldn't be throwing Kerr straight in personally. Unless in a 4.

I've no idea how ready he is, but hes "completed his apprenticeship" by playing, and impressing, regularly in the divisions below us, much like Clark and May before they became regulars. I can't see him returning and not getting a chance, as it would just be stunting his progression.

20 minutes ago, PanamaSaint said:

Just to add to his sending off, Foster did a real crap job of fending off Haber in front of goal. A very poor defensive play. Foster alone cost us that game.

Are you not more curious about why Foster ended up marking a 6ft+ centre forward on the left hand side of our box? I've still no idea where Anderson is in the highlights.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

I've no idea how ready he is, but hes "completed his apprenticeship" by playing, and impressing, regularly in the divisions below us, much like Clark and May before they became regulars. I can't see him returning and not getting a chance, as it would just be stunting his progression.

I never said he wouldn't get or doesn't deserve a chance. Just not in a 3, not for me anyway.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Clark

Scougall

MacLean - McMillan

No Muzz? Id swap Spoony for Alston,and Johnstone for Macca,or even Kano ,Macca has lost his mojo at the minute,not interested,still hoping for more energy in middle 5,it’ll be a long month

4 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Clark

Scougall

MacLean - McMillan

We moved to a back 3 against Hamilton in second half & it was the last time we won at home. Problem is we kept it for the away game at Aberdeen & hot humped.