semi on radio

inex

Hi people,

I listened to a couple of games last year through the net, and even listened to some SPL a few weeks ago. What I have now noticed is that scotsport / BBC dont allow people outside of the UK to listen anymore which is total BS, but what is occuring.

Maybe Pezza or some other people out of the UK have a way around this, and if you do and could let me know within 10 hours I would be very grateful.

:D

I dont know if this actually works, but ive seen it work with MTVs websites, and other music websites that dont allow some content outside the uk, got to your clock in the bottom right of your pc screen and change your time zone to GMT, theres no guaruntee this will work with BBC though

I listened to a couple of games last year through the net, and even listened to some SPL a few weeks ago. What I have now noticed is that scotsport / BBC dont allow people outside of the UK to listen anymore which is total BS, but what is occuring.

It's not total BS, just their broadcasting rights. Blame the SFL.

Get yourself a proxy server based in the US (use Google to find it, there are thousands of them) and you'll be able to listen no problem.

Ill try mate but Im guessing they go on IP's. I will try scotssport though later maybe there is a hole in the system.

You would think they would allow fitba games, I thought they might block all non UK people from listening to anything but perhaps its a bandwidth issue.

NFI, anyway cheers mate will try everything. Pezz what are you gonna do mate,

the official site link is bullcack, at least if you have the sense to own a Mac. All WinDoze zzzz based & turd. Full of bugs, too.

Scotsport for me then, what with the dire commentary which leaves you with no idea whether there is a scoring chance or not.

A late start at work awaits...

I meant to post this a while ago. These guys on this forum are experts in getting football matches streamed for free. You need to register and be active on their forum but you can pretty much guarantee that if a game is being played live somewhere, they can find a stream for it.

http://www.media-help.net/forum/

Can't register due to an unknown 'image registration problem'. The real problem is that there appears not to be a displayed image to confirm validity. Is this the same for others?

The thing on the official site looks the go. I will wait until closer to kickoff to see what happens there though. Do we have to pay to subscribe? And not sure if I can get it full screen or if its going to play in that pissy box. And how am I going to record it? Looks like Im going to have to bribe one of the locals for a copy.

I think the media help thing is too much hassle.

Anyway, the fishal site thing might work, but I doubt it.

http://www.internetfootball.co.uk/CS-STJOHNSTONE/playerPage2.php

And BBC might work, but I doubt it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/sportscotland/sportsound/

:shock:

You might be able to fool your pc into thinking you're in the UK.

This is a cut and paste from a site i use to watch live games that arent shown live in UK. It may or may not work.

Here is how to set up Realplayer to work through a proxy:

1. Click Tools (or if you can't see Tools, click » then select Tools)

2. Select Preferences...

3. Click + next to Connection if necessary and then click Proxy

4. Click the Change Settings... button at the bottom of the page

5. Under HTTP Proxy, select Use proxy: and enter the proxy's IP address and port number

6. Click OK, click OK again

7. Click File and Open

8. Type in the address of your stream and click OK

Here is a list of proxies that I have checked and are currently working: (note: proxies do not work for ever)

Format: On the first proxy, 193.63.75.18 is the IP address and 3124 is the port number. Do not type in the :

193.63.75.18:3124

193.63.75.19:3127

194.133.131.69:80

213.249.157.163:80

217.150.116.141:80

62.171.219.161:80

64.110.74.244:8080

Good luck.

You might be able to fool your pc into thinking you're in the UK.

This is a cut and paste from a site i use to watch live games that arent shown live in UK. It may or may not work.

Here is how to set up Realplayer to work through a proxy:

1. Click Tools (or if you can't see Tools, click » then select Tools)

2. Select Preferences...

3. Click + next to Connection if necessary and then click Proxy

4. Click the Change Settings... button at the bottom of the page

5. Under HTTP Proxy, select Use proxy: and enter the proxy's IP address and port number

6. Click OK, click OK again

7. Click File and Open

8. Type in the address of your stream and click OK

Here is a list of proxies that I have checked and are currently working: (note: proxies do not work for ever)

Format: On the first proxy, 193.63.75.18 is the IP address and 3124 is the port number. Do not type in the :

193.63.75.18:3124

193.63.75.19:3127

194.133.131.69:80

213.249.157.163:80

217.150.116.141:80

62.171.219.161:80

64.110.74.244:8080

Good luck.

Or goto the site via... www.unipeak.com .. this should allow you to watch it as the website, wont manage to determine where your from.

I've used ww.internetfootball.co.uk before to watch Ukraine vs. Scotland.

It worked fine, but the quality wasn't great -- something like 300kbps Windows Media 9.

Another option, in the US at least, is Setanta Broadband -- it's showing the game live, streams at 500kbps and costs about the same for a whole month. That's what I'm going with. They're also showing the game again at 8pm PST both online and an their regular TV channel.

As for the Sportsound feed, I've never managed to fool the BBC using proxy servers before, but I'm interested to know if anyone else has had success and I might try the suggestions above. I wouldn't mind listening to Biscuits' commentary.