Worst thing and best thing......

Invernessaint

OK everyone - we have had a couple of days to "reflect"!! What has been the worst thing and the best thing said to you since Saturday by your nearest and dearests? Worst for me was returning home form Victoria park and my wife said "at least it was a nice warm sunny day - would have been a terrible afternoon if it had been cold and wet"!!!!!!AAAAAAAGH! Best thing was my boss when I arrived at work this morning and he offered me a weeks compassionate leave - brought a smile to my face!

Worst thing that i can recall is on sunday morning when i had the papers in front of me,as i was nosing through the sports section my wife walked past and spotted the picures of the Gretna twats celebrating,so she says to me "Christ look at them,you would think they have just won the world cup,its only the first division after all".......bugger i near gave her a dropkick there and then,then maybe a bouncing wedgie to finish my move off......moo

I would say the best thing would have been talking to a certain member of the saints staff on saturday night,who was totally gutted after the days events,he obviously didnt go into details about next season but the encouragement in what he was saying has me really believing that the new season will see us atop of division one early in the campaign and remaining there till the end

Worst thing for me was one of my female friends, who claims to be a football fan by the way, text me before the game to wish us luck then when I text her the final scores, she sent me a text back saying that I could go out and celebrate Saints beating Hamilton! Christ on a bike!

Best thing so far has been reading Derek McInnes's comments in the media that the result will make them more determined to win the league next season. He's about to sign a one year deal so hopefully he can talk Mensing, Ando and maybe even Jason into signing on again as well.

Its going to be a long summer

Worst thing - Having to sit on the train journey home from Glasgow with a guy opposite us, who wasn't interested in football and put the pull out on top of the bag opposite us with the picture of Gr£tna celebrating in our faces the whole way home. Nothing even had to be said but on 3 occasions i tried moving his bag slightly with my feet as he was so engrossed in his newspaper so it would fall down the back but i was unsuccessful!!

Best thing - We have fun in Division 1, and the fact that nobody has rubbed it in today or barely said anything to me unless i have brought it up! Onwards and upwords people!

Guest Nairn Saint

Worst thing from my mother; "but you must be pleased for Gr£tna son?"

Best thing from my dad; "it's ok son, I think she's losing her mind!"

Saturday was certainly a day of two halves for me.

Best bit was watching York City put in a stonking performance (MOM: Panther) to reach the Conference playoffs, and ignite dreams of New Wembley glory :D

Worst bit was going into to City Social Club, gazing expectantly at the TV screen, only to be greeted with the horror of Gr£tna's winner, and stumbling back out into the car park in tears during a phone call to my born-and-bred Saintee better half :(

Worst thing - Getting a loud phone call from my Gretna supporting mate whilst standing outside NDP. Or bumping into James Grady's sister later that night. Awful.

Best thing - Haven't enjoyed a game that much in years and wouldn't swap the heartache with dropping out of the race a few weeks back, as Owen said the other day.

Worst thing was probably coming home from New Douglas Park thinkin about what could have been. But I am stumped for the best moment as we have had so many this season. The two which just missed out on my favourite moment were, walking up to Hampden and beating Motherwell at Fir Park.

Probably my best moment was the ten minutes after the Rnagers game where there were just saintees in Ibrox, singing there hearts out with everything they had :)